SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Sage User

Question Resume Playback of recording after the "end of show" marker.

I am running a SageTV server on a dedicated machine in the basement. I am up to date on the server, and I am running the default STV.

Upstairs, I am watching all TV recordings with an HD200. Everything works like a charm, except in special occasions when I watch "The Amazing Race" (TAR). What happens is that TAR is on Sunday, after football. Football always runs long, so when I setup TAR as a Favorite, I have it record 60 minutes after the end of the show. This works great, as all programs play in their entirety after the football game finishes.

My current issue is as follows: Football runs an extra 40 minutes, so instead of TAR being broadcast from 7-8pm, it is actually broadcast from 7:40-8:40. Since SageTV sees the show as a 7-8 recording, with an hour extra padding at the end, it records 2 hours for the show, but marks the video start and stop at 0 minutes and 60 mintues. I fast forward to 40 minutes into the show, watch 30 minutes of it, and then stop the playback for some interruption or another. At the point of the stopping, I am at 70 minutes into the recording. Since this is passed the 60 minute mark, SageTV marks the show as Watched. When I find time to finish watching my show, playback starts at the beginning (at minute 0). I would love for it to resume playback at minute 70.

Is there any way for me to be able to do that? Or am I out of luck since I stopped playback after the end-of-show marker?

Also, another acceptable solution for me... Is there any way to skip forward a dynamic amount in a show? What I mean is that I am using the standard 10 second and 2.5 minute skip aheads. Can I leave those configured as is, but then type buttons 4, 5, and <some other button> to skip ahead 45 minutes? Or press, 7, 5, <some other button> to skip ahead 75 minutes? If this is possible, I can get back into my recording at minute 70 without having to press the 2.5 minute skip ahead 28 times.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Sage User

A little bump... hoping someone can lend some insight.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Sage Expert

My suggestion is to file an official feature request for the arbitrary jump, though there may already be a plugin by someone to do that.

As far as the first issue you described, I'd consider it a bug. So you should file an official bug report. If you have set an extension on the show, that extension should be treated as part of the show with regards to its watched status and certainly any pause/resume scenario that would normally start you back where you left off should work as expected when you're beyond the EPG "end" but well within your extended end time.

There's a link to the bug reporting form in the forums list.