SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Sage User

SageMC will not load

Hello. I am running Sage Version 6.6.2.218, Jetty version 1.6, and Sage Job Queue version 2.5.556. I can load the SageMC_6_3_9b_31.xml and Sage will run the interface however when I restart SageTv uses 100% of the CPU and just has a black screen. I have to force quit the app to exit. the only way I can get Sage to load is to delete the properties file then switch to the default interface or remove the SageMC xml file.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Sage Expert

More in put. What are your server specs for instance? How long do you let it sit there before forcing it closed? Maybe SJQ is scanning your recorded TV files and your CPU can't keep up?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Are you using BMT?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
More in put. What are your server specs for instance? How long do you let it sit there before forcing it closed? Maybe SJQ is scanning your recorded TV files and your CPU can't keep up?
2.16 core 2 Duo, however I have not had this issue running Sage
MC prior to SageTV 6.6. I have SJQ installed as a servIce. Even when I stop the service and launch Sage and it's service, the front-end still hangs. Killing the Sage service at that point does not help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdrbdt View Post
Are you using BMT?
No, unless it is enabled by default.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Post a debug log. That might show what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
I have attached 2 files, before SageMC (Sagetvclient_3.txt) and after(Sagetvclient_1.txt). Are these the file you need? I also forgot to mention that I am also running Nielm's Webserver Jetty webapp on different port than the default, if it matters
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_3.txt (66.1 KB, 260 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (133.6 KB, 261 views)
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Sage User

I don't know what it is but I have discovered that the loading has something to do with my encoders or maybe the guide they are linked to. I did a fresh clean install of SageTV, did not configure the tuners. I then installed SageMC. I had no problems even after rebooting. I then configured the tuners and relaunched Sage front-end with SageMC. No problems. I reboot or restart Sage service, the loading issue occurs again. I remove the tuners from my properties files then start Sage. No problems. I add the any tuner and restart Sage and the service and again the loading issue occurs. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavo View Post
I don't know what it is but I have discovered that the loading has something to do with my encoders or maybe the guide they are linked to. I did a fresh clean install of SageTV, did not configure the tuners. I then installed SageMC. I had no problems even after rebooting. I then configured the tuners and relaunched Sage front-end with SageMC. No problems. I reboot or restart Sage service, the loading issue occurs again. I remove the tuners from my properties files then start Sage. No problems. I add the any tuner and restart Sage and the service and again the loading issue occurs. Any suggestions?
It likely has nothing to do with your issue but... I've had a mystery problem (as have others) for years where the sage service will hang and crash if the service is started too soon during the boot process. Once it's had the problem Sage is knackered and can't be started manually until the machine is restarted.

If you disable auto startup of Sage and also set the SageTV service to manual startup (via services.msc), then are able to start the sagetv service manually after boot (give it a few minutes) and run Sage then this would be your issue. If so, launching the SageTV service and client via a batch file can allow the system to function as expected.

I'd love to get rid of this problem. If this is also your issue then your observation that it's tuner related will be a very helpful insight.

Mick.

Last edited by mickp; 11-30-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Add clarification
Old 12-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
Hello. I don't suppose you have any further suggestions? I REALLY would love to get this working.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:29 AM
SageTVaholic

@dadavo

I would start with cleaning up your JAR files. You have 2 versions of the jetty-sslengine jar file and you have a 'phoenix.jar' and an 'old phoenix.jar'. Just renaming a jar won't work. Sage loads all jars in the folder and if there are two files that contain the same class, then it's a crap shoot which will actually be loaded. You have to delete all old versions of jar files or move them completely out of the folder. Once you've cleaned those up, restart sage and try again.

I would also consider renaming your current sage directory and reloading SageTV and SageMC from scratch. Once you verify that everything is working correctly, then you can start installing new plugins one at a time, verifying that everything still works after each one.

Aloha,
Mike