SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage User

Missing channels when use TVTV for EPG

I've installed STV and can sucessfully scan for channels, although ITV HD is missing. My porblem now is getting an EPG to work. I think I have mastered the principles of using the "TVTV" option when setting up the satellite card, and have a few channels working well with their corresponding EPG in the "Program Guide" of STV.

My problem is that I cannot find an EPG for BBC HD, ITV 2, ITV2 +1, ITV3 etc .. I hope I am making a simle mistake. Does anyone ahve any suggestions.

Thanks

Old 11-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not sure if anyone here uses TVTV for guide data. I've never tried it myself.

I use Birtles Radio Times Grabber to get my EPG data. Its free. His website is below.

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/

Once you've installed the program, you select the channels you need and it downloads the guide data to a .XML file.

Some people use digiguide. There's an annual subscription for digiguide, around £10 I think.

I then use Stephane's importer to import the data into SageTV.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566

There are some channels that the Birtles grabber doesn't get but it gets all the ones I need. I'm not sure about the Digiguide grabber.

It might be worth taking a look at these sites.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the advice Doc. If I cannot find the additional channels with TVTV I will give your suggestion a try.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage User

TVTV.CO.UK Channel list missing some popular stations

I have set up my Nova S2 using the STV wizard, tuning to Astra 28.2. During the process I selected TVTV for the EPG, and then chose TVTV.CO.UK from the list of options. Everything went smoothly, and after remapping the EPG channels to the satellite broadcasts I now have my EPG working really well.

The only problem is the EPG is missing quite a few of the popular channels available in the UK. As I have the EPG working well, I assume this problem has arrisen as either STV or TVTV.CO.UK have not updated the channel lists.

I have emailed TVTV technical support but they have not replied. Does anyone know where to start with this issue. I know there are alternative ways of creating an EPG, but the TVTV option in STV works really well, it is just incomplete.

NB. Please note the TVTV.CO.UK EPG chanel list is also full of hundreds of unnecessary channels. It would be helpful if they could be removed so the contents of the tvtv.co.uk site is more relevant to the UK .

* merged *