SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage User

blu ray off dvd drive in server is playing wrong file.

Purchased AnyDVD-HD a while back but some Blu Ray disk seem to play the wrong file when they pop up in sage. Anything I can do to select the main movie file?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
Purchased AnyDVD-HD a while back but some Blu Ray disk seem to play the wrong file when they pop up in sage. Anything I can do to select the main movie file?
You may take a look at this thread.

I believe Sage plays the longest file on the disc. This could be the Director's Cut or the main movie so it will be different on each disc. AFAIK, the only way aroud this is to rip the disk to the hard drive and select the movie file you need.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage User

Ahh, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. I copied the disk to my hard drive and removed the offending playlist file. I’m now getting the right video playing but I’m still getting a directors audio track. The Main feature audio track is DTS but I seem to be getting the English AC3 track which is the commentary one. I know people have had problems with DTS in the past but I’ve always been ok with my DTS encoded mkv’s through the extender. Is there any way that anyone is familiar with to select the DTS track? When I hit the audio button while playing the BD folder nothing happens however according to the playlist when viewed through Clown_BD, there should be about 5 audio tracks.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
Ahh, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. I copied the disk to my hard drive and removed the offending playlist file. I’m now getting the right video playing but I’m still getting a directors audio track. The Main feature audio track is DTS but I seem to be getting the English AC3 track which is the commentary one. I know people have had problems with DTS in the past but I’ve always been ok with my DTS encoded mkv’s through the extender. Is there any way that anyone is familiar with to select the DTS track? When I hit the audio button while playing the BD folder nothing happens however according to the playlist when viewed through Clown_BD, there should be about 5 audio tracks.
No problem. Are you trying to keep the whole movie together or keep the extra sound tracks for some reason? If you aren't, a lot of users just mix an AC3 track from the original DTS and just have those two sound tracks. This way, Clown_BD gets rid of any commentary and leaves you with just the main movie track. You will be able to select either the AC3 5.1 or DTS from the audio selection in the options menu. I think this should help you solve the sound problem but if not, let me know. I might have misunderstood your problem.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage User

Sorry about the delay….Christmas time, you know how it is. I don’t care about keeping the entire move together at all, just want the main feature and the DTS audio track to work but it doesn’t seem to be playing it. I don’t seem to have any option to select a different audio selection through options at the moment. Figure the audio button would cycle through them which is why I mentioned it in my last post.

Thins is all still with trying play the BD copied directly from the disk minus the one playlist. I may try ripping it with only the DTS audio and see how that goes.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Honestly, if you are only watning the main feature, and a single main audio track, I'd recommend using something like MakeMKV and ditching the Blu-Ray structure all together. Open up either the disc, or your rip, in MakeMKV, choose the playlist you want, the audio track you want, and remux it into a single MKV file. It will no longer be 'tagged' as a DVD/BD in the video library, but really that's not that useful anyways. It certainly does lead to a cleaner library folder though, having a single file for each movie, instead of a folder for each, with any number of files in there.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Sage User

Tried MakeMKV and it works great to rip the main feature and audio track. I may just have to buy a PS3 so I can play the odd disks that wont stream without having to rip them first. That's how I'm going to sell it anyway. Thanks for the help!