SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Menu navigation no longer smooth after Server upgrade

I upgraded the motherboard in my Sage Server. It was from a similar generation so other than a few driver changes, Windows 2003 found everything just fine. I did not reinstall Windows, nor should I need to. Everything else on the box is working beautifully.

However, my menu transitions on my HD200 extenders are no longer smooth. It's hard to describe, but going up/down/left/right on the menus cause a minor stuttering in the animation. Nothing else is affected. TV shows and recording works fine. I blew away the client.properties files and let it rebuild from scratch. No change. I also tried two different NIC's. One is an Intel.

Loading up a new trial version of Sage on a MS Virtual Server temporarily and pointing my HD200 at it brings back the smooth scrolling. When going back to my main Sage server, the stuttering is there again. So it's something on my Sage Server causing this. The installation of Sage is the same as before though.

Any ideas?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I did not reinstall Windows, nor should I need to...
That's a typical "no-no" in the computer geek world. I've been preaching that for 15 years now. You should need to for a multitude of reasons.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
That's a typical "no-no" in the computer geek world. I've been preaching that for 15 years now. You should need to for a multitude of reasons.
I know the reasons. I work in IT too. But that is not so true of modern operating systems. Nevertheless, it's the only thing not working (and it's purely cosmetic)
Old 12-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

I found the problem. There is a setting in the BIOS called HPET. It was turned on. It's some kind of new timer in modern motherboards but meant for Vista kernels or better. I'm running Win2003, so it was causing this micro stuttering issue in the menu operation of Sage. Funny....I didn't notice any other problems. I turned it off in the BIOS and everything is now fine.