SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage Expert

Does anyone know if this works for MKVs?
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clift View Post
Does anyone know if this works for MKVs?
Good question, I had a ripped blu ray mkv of District 9 I watched last night on my HD100 and got NONE of the aliens subs even though they were there in the file and played fine on the computer.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

It does work for MKV's, but the subs have to be a text file, not an image file. I put it in the MKV, and you have to make sure you turn them on in Sage, by default subs are not on.

I did it with District 9 as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone gotten these subtitles to work on the HD100?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

did you try the latest beta firmware? I havent checked if they work on the hd100 or not
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I'm running the latest version of SageTV, and I've tried the latest beta firmware. I can't seem to get any subtitles coming up, let alone forced subtitles.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

id submit a support request then and see what they say....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
Has anyone gotten these subtitles to work on the HD100?
Considering BD playback is only officially supported on the HD200 I doubt they have added or will add support to the HD100 for BD subtitles. The decoder chip on the HD100 isn't capable of the high bitrates from Blu-ray video and is the reason that BD support isn't officially available on the HD100.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Considering BD playback is only officially supported on the HD200 I doubt they have added or will add support to the HD100 for BD subtitles. The decoder chip on the HD100 isn't capable of the high bitrates from Blu-ray video and is the reason that BD support isn't officially available on the HD100.
I received word back from my tech support request. As you suspected. No dice on the HD100 subtitle support.

I upgraded to the HD200.

Has anyone gotten this to work in an .M2TS file? I'd rather not store gigantic directory structures (i.e. direct bluray rips) on my server.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Has anyone gotten this to work in an .M2TS file? I'd rather not store gigantic directory structures (i.e. direct bluray rips) on my server.
Yes, I actually just watched Inglorious Basterds last night and it worked like a champ. I use tsMuxeR or ClownBD to mux the main movie into the BDMV format. I think this may be required or at least expected to work better than just the .m2ts file of the main movie itself.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, I actually just watched Inglorious Basterds last night and it worked like a champ. I use tsMuxeR or ClownBD to mux the main movie into the BDMV format. I think this may be required or at least expected to work better than just the .m2ts file of the main movie itself.
So I managed to get this to work if I keep the BDMV structure; however, I don't exactly prefer that because of the large number of files associated with the BD directory. I'd prefer a single large file.

.M2TS works, but you get the quick subtitle flicker.

.BDISO doesn't work.

Has anyone gotten this to work in a single file? Perhaps this is a limitation of the HD200.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So I managed to get this to work if I keep the BDMV structure; however, I don't exactly prefer that because of the large number of files associated with the BD directory. I'd prefer a single large file.

.M2TS works, but you get the quick subtitle flicker.
Are you using ClownBD or tsMuxeR alone when building the single .m2ts file? I have used tsMuxeR alone and accomplished the single file rip many times without the flicker of the subtitles. It was when I started using the ClownBD program that the subtitle flicker appeared, just a heads up.

I know what you mean on the BDMV bulkiness. I just import them into my directory and don't ever look at them again. Sage and my add-ons notice them as BDs so that is a big plus for the BDMV folder format.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
I know what you mean on the BDMV bulkiness. I just import them into my directory and don't ever look at them again. Sage and my add-ons notice them as BDs so that is a big plus for the BDMV folder format.
if you rip only the main movie you end up with the default bdmv folder structure, one .mpls file (playlist, what m2ts files to play when), one .clpi (clip info... information about the tracks in the m2ts file), and one .m2ts file ... sure there a some empty directories... but who cares... sage sees them as a BD and its not like you are navigating to the folder in explorer all the time...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
if you rip only the main movie you end up with the default bdmv folder structure, one .mpls file (playlist, what m2ts files to play when), one .clpi (clip info... information about the tracks in the m2ts file), and one .m2ts file ... sure there a some empty directories... but who cares... sage sees them as a BD and its not like you are navigating to the folder in explorer all the time...
I agree with you. As long as Sage sees it as a BD, I'm happy. I just knew what Milkman was talking about if you were to actually open up each separate directory. You're right though. It is empty so hopefully that wouldn't bother anyone too much.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
I agree with you. As long as Sage sees it as a BD, I'm happy. I just knew what Milkman was talking about if you were to actually open up each separate directory. You're right though. It is empty so hopefully that wouldn't bother anyone too much.
ya i guess i should have quoted milkman... i knew you agreed with me and guess was just adding more evidence why imo it doesnt matter....
Check out TVExplorer