SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-10-2008, 03:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Forced Favorite Recording?

Anyone know of a way to force a favorite to record the show, even if it determines it has already been recorded? The show concerned is NFL Total Access, which is new every day. However, the show usually has a generic description for the week (like 'Recaps of Week 5 and preview of Week 6'), so sage records Monday's edition, but then doesn't record any more the rest of the week. I have it restricted to the 4pm timeslot, which is when the first airing of the new edition is aired.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Knowing the time slot and channel number, you could set these up as recurring manual recordings.

I deal with this too, but I simply use the Guide UI and set the manual recordings for each show so that I get the proper program name in the recorded shows listing. I just have to remember to do them all about once a week.

There are other threads on this subject regarding plug-ins / webserver to clear the watched status flag, or complain the guide provider, etc. But the best solution would be for Sage to include a toggle to "record all episodes (even watched)", but they seem reluctant or unwilling to do this (perhaps it's complicated - I don't know); I asked them as have others.

john
Old 10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I have set up the recurring manual recording thing now, but it's a pain not having it display properly with program name in the recordings list.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,

First of all, I have no idea how you can resolve this problem using the in-built options within Sage.

But I have an idea of how it might be possible to do something about it.

I'm guessing you guys are using the included EPG data, so I'm not sure how this would work in that case.

But here's a thought. If I were you, I'd see if I could write a script to edit my EPG data, if it's possible, so that each episode has a unique program ID or name or whatever ends up being the magic bullet that gets each one recorded properly (add something that makes each day unique, like a number). Then I'd just set my script to run after I download the schedule each time but before I update my Sage EPG.

I know this would work with XMLTV, as I am doing something like this now to inject some categories into my data.

The thing is, I haven't actually tried to do anything to the data after it's been imported into SageTV. So, I'm not sure what that entails or whether it can be done. Maybe there's someone out there that can tell us?

Steven
Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Anyone know of a way to force a favorite to record the show, even if it determines it has already been recorded? The show concerned is NFL Total Access, which is new every day. However, the show usually has a generic description for the week (like 'Recaps of Week 5 and preview of Week 6'), so sage records Monday's edition, but then doesn't record any more the rest of the week. I have it restricted to the 4pm timeslot, which is when the first airing of the new edition is aired.
You're saying the show has an episode ID (EP###) that's common for the whole week, but they show different episodes each day? If so you should email Sage that the data is wrong:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...704#post119704
Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys -

I have the exact same problem. My solution was to write a plugin which I have set to every day at 4:57 (3 minutes before the new airing starts) clear the watched flag on recorded episodes and delete them. You can find it here

-Justin