SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Lost recording and favorite info!

I'm not sure what happened, but I seemed to have lost all my recording info. The files are still in the folder, and show up in imported videos, but they are not in the recordins anymore. More upsetting, is that all my favorites ahve disappeared as well. Not sure when this happened, and what could have caused it, or how many shows got missed because of the loss of the favorites.

Off to setup new favorites...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Did you do anything with your SageTV installation recently?

It sounds like wiz.bin got replaced either by accident or because it was corrupted somehow (PC crash/reboot while SageTV is running might do some database damage). If it gets corrupted, it should automatically use wiz.bak as its replacement file. It might get accidentally replaced if you did a new installation to a different dir, for example.

If you have a recent backup of wiz.bin, it should have all your recording & fav info.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, I tried using Wiz.bak, and it disn't work. No other backup available. Don't think I did anything though, certainly didn't do a hard reboot or anything.. i did a windows restart earlier in the day, but shouldn't that shutdown the service cleanly before restarting?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Expert

Same thing happened to me today.

SageTV should have a way to 1) rebuild a corrupt wiz.bin file, or 2) back it up regularly (daily, keeping say 10 of them)?