SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage User

View Pic... View Movie... Back & Forth...

I have 3 HD200's... Very happy with them for some time now after a rough start when they first came out... From the beginning I have wanted to have my vacation pictures and videos inter-mingled for viewing from my server... The pics are jpg's and the mini-movies (less then 3 minutes) are mpg's... They all play 100% fine but not in a mixed forum... I want to, as an example... View 10 pic's... Then view 2 mini-movies... Then view 15 pics... Then view 1 mini-movie... one after the other perhaps in the same directory with filenames to keep the desired order... I want to do this smooth without changing directories... etc... In simple terms I want to mix Pics and Mini-Movies and watch the mixed media show on the TV via the HD200 from my server... Has anyone made a plugin or something to do this... Thanks very much... You people are great and have helped to solve many Sage issues for me...
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

My Photoshop Elements plugin will let you do this and you can view them by tags or albums (where you can specify order) and you won't have to worry about folders or file names. You would, however, have to buy PSE which isn't terribly cheap. See the link in my signature for more details.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage User

I have Photoshop Elements... So are you saying that I somehow put the Photoshop Plugin INTO SAGE MC... and then it will allow me to view pics and movies in a sequence via my HD200's on the TV from my server... I cannot imagine it... Please explain further... I am thinking that you may not be understanding my question... I have pics on my server in the Sage Pic directory... and Movies in the Sage movies directory... I CAN view them on the TV... BUT I CANNOT view 10 pics... then 2 movies... then 3 pics... then 1 movie... WITHOUT changing directories each time... Sage does not allow that... it is one or the other... Pics or Movies... NOT a mixture of both... are you saying a plugin from my Photoshop Elements will integrate with Sage to make this happen... I am confused... Understand that I am NOT trying to do this on a stand alone PC... that can be done easily with PSE or with ACDSee or others... I am trying to do this with Sage... via the Sage directories for Pics and Movies via the HD200 via my server and viewed on the TV... Thanks for looking at this again...

In looking further at your work (NICE) perhaps that would work for me... I assume when I add pics and movies I need to make a new catalogue each time... Anyway, I see it requires PSE Version 5... I have Version 6 but I would be willing to buy even the latest version as I am in need of this function and willing to pay... But Version 5 is going backwards and not for sale as best I know... Any futher help here... I appreciate it...

Last edited by joelinkup; 01-05-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added Information...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

PSE v6 and above should work with the new version (v2) of the plugin. I tested it with PSE v8, though, so you will just have to try it with v6 (I'm not certain if anything in the catalog changed since then).

I do what you are describing all the time with my HD200. Only 1 PSE catalog is required - just import all your photos and videos into PSE and any subsequent new ones into the same catalog. Then, apply tags and/or create albums with the photos and videos you want. Open the PSE catalog in Sage via the PSE plugin and then select the Tags or Album you want to view. Press "play" on the first thumbnail and select "Play slideshow". It will then play a slideshow of all the displayed files in the order they are displayed. It will transition between the photos and will jump to the video playback screen when it encounters a video and then back to the photo slideshow again, etc.