SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

My Movies for SageTV Coming soon discussions

As My fellow geeks reported

GeekTonic

and

MediaSmartServer

My latest project that I have been in a hole coding is a full port for My Movies for Sagetv.

I have made this thread to open up discussions/request/comments on this port. The main backbone coding (java) is almost done and the ui work has started. I am interested to hear from anyone with ideas/suggestions.

My intention for this port was I used my movies when I was a windows media center users and it's collection management was my prefered tool as well as the box/series support all in all it it a very mature and great product. I missed it every since leaving media center but at the time didn't quite have the java/studio coding knowledge/experience to port this over as I do now almost a year later. This is not to be competition to BMT as I respect all the hard work Sean has done there very much, but rather an alternative and I deserve no credit for the management plugin of mymovies. This product has been around for over 4 years and uses a custom database built by media center users and really is great.

You can read the blog post for futher explanation of what to expect/why I am doing this port. I was going to keep the information quiet until after beta but decided it was always better to get full community feedback during the builds as I did with SMW.

This will be open to Default STV as well as SageMC from day one so that is why I am posting in the general customization thread. I also will support ortus/phoenix once released.

Also while this is not part of project ortus I have to thank them as well as they always offer help/opions when I ask.

Also I have to Thank Brian Binnerup for supporting me fully on this port without his support this wouldn't have happened.

Before you ask the Beta testers are already selected and no open spots remain.

Please poster ui or feature request per this post.

Feature request Post

Help getting started and ready for this import
See this wiki link

Will trailer and intro's be supported and how do I set it up?
See this post link
Cheers

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 07-06-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

This guy at work has a shirt that says "One Bad Duck". I am going to tell him he needs to send the shirt to you!!!

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I wish I could contribute in some way other than to say that I am really looking forward to being able to use MyMovies with STV! This will be a great add to the STV community.

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post
I wish I could contribute in some way other than to say that I am really looking forward to being able to use MyMovies with STV! This will be a great add to the STV community.

Thank you!
Encourgement is always a good thanks.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post

Thank you!
You are helping.

It's hard to put a lot of time and effort into something you are not sure people will use. In my conversations with him, this has become quite a large project and very time consuming.

The more people that want to see this is the more motivation for plucky to work on it and know that it will be appreciated.

Last edited by Peter_h; 01-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I never really looked into MyMovies since it really didn't have anything to do with Sage. After reading both of those posts and staring at the screens for longer than I probably should have, I can definitely say I'm excited about this!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
I never really looked into MyMovies since it really didn't have anything to do with Sage. After reading both of those posts and staring at the screens for longer than I probably should have, I can definitely say I'm excited about this!
Even though it is not ready for SageTV yet it is worth downloading and testing out. At a minimum you can get your metadata set up with Collection Management.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

KEep in mind that you only need the collection management too

or the whs addin If you are go that route
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

PLUCKYHD:

I love the way this looks (went to Geek Tonic and read the writeup - nice!).

I guess I'm getting old because so many screen examples I've looked at before try to display so much data on one screen that my mind goes into system overload.

This looks very nice, clean (uncluttered) and balanced. I would definitely use it.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I use MyMovies currently on my WHS for metadata and I have to say what you've done with it for Sage is awsome!!! Can't wait

Now a couple of questions:
1) Will we be able to create custom genres like the current SageMC file structure? example: I have a folder/genre just for the kids movies and folder/genre for home movies.

2) Will it be possible to go from say the cover flow view that shows would show the different genre folders and then the next screen would be the list view? (I think this is the best view personally. It allows you to look at a lot of movies but at the same time gives you a lot of information on the selected movie.)

3) Is this to replace SMW??

And if you need a beta tester please let me know.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-11-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

This looks awesome. Integration of the My Movies data into Sage is genius. The combination of SageTV and My Movies into whole new UI is going to be the next big thing for SageTV. Really looking forward to your end product. Thanks for your work on this.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I use MyMovies currently on my WHS for metadata and I have to say what you've done with it for Sage is awsome!!! Can't wait

1) Will we be able to create custom genres like the current SageMC file structure? example: I have a folder/genre just for the kids movies and folder/genre for home movies.

2) Will it be possible to go from say the cover flow view that shows would show the different genre folders and then the next screen would be the list view? (I think this is the best view personally. It allows you to look at a lot of movies but at the same time gives you a lot of information on the selected movie.)

I will let PluckyHD follow up with more concise answers.

1) My understanding is that custom genres/filters will flow in the same manner as it currently does with MyMovies (you can create custom filters, sorting, etc... through Collection Management which would then flow through to the MyMovies stvi).

2) Good question, not sure what PluckyHD has in mind. I know with MyMovies in WMC you just get one view at a time

3) SMW runs on the current SageTV metadata structure, MyMovies for SageTV will run on a completely different structure (for instance metadata will be stored and read in mymovies.xml, not the .properties file). BothSMV and MyMovies for SageTV can run on the same system without conflict.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
PLUCKYHD:

I love the way this looks (went to Geek Tonic and read the writeup - nice!).

I guess I'm getting old because so many screen examples I've looked at before try to display so much data on one screen that my mind goes into system overload.

This looks very nice, clean (uncluttered) and balanced. I would definitely use it.
Thanks Helen That is my main goal is a clean simple/easy interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post

1. Yes MyMovies has set Genres but custom Categories where you can set your movie groups how you want. As well a a dynamci Filtering option where you can save filters.

2. Yes of course I haven't done the wall or coverflow views yet. But basically you can see the genre views in the blog postings those will be the same views for custom categories and custom filters. You will be able to assign your own backdops to each or download some from my movies users. From selecting a genre/category/filter it will go into whatever view you want.

3. As Damian mentioned no. In fact I plan on still supporting SMW for the time being as it works with the SageTV and BMT structure so those who are opposed to mymovies will still have that as on option (but won't have allot of the great feature sets coming to mymovies port)

Also Mymovies plans on providing TV metadata in the future (not sure how far of brian is on this but I know he has a long to do list) but when they do I will add that support into this port as well.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

About 6 months ago, I tried using the My Movies add-in on my WHS. It would frequently cause lockups with Sage (random shutdowns). That got to be a bit annoying, so I deleted it without really digging into what it could do.

From my admitedly brief encounter with MyMovies, doesn't it require each movie to be inside a seperate folder? Is that still the case?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
About 6 months ago, I tried using the My Movies add-in on my WHS. It would frequently cause lockups with Sage (random shutdowns). That got to be a bit annoying, so I deleted it without really digging into what it could do.

From my admitedly brief encounter with MyMovies, doesn't it require each movie to be inside a seperate folder? Is that still the case?
Yes, each movie does require its own folder (the metadata is named a generic mymovies.xml so separate folders would be the only way to distinguish). There are some tools available to automatically move videos into their own folder

Old 01-12-2010, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Never seen that before I have been using the WHS addin without any issues at all. Did you post your issues in the mymovies forums?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Yes, each movie does require its own folder (the metadata is named a generic mymovies.xml so separate folders would be the only way to distinguish). There are some tools available to automatically move videos into their own folder
Generic file moving tools for windows or a specific tool that is geared toward HTPCs?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Generic file moving tools for windows or a specific tool that is geared toward HTPCs?
The File2Folder script (Automatically creates and moves your movie files into a folder of the same filename. This ) linked below is what I was referring to:

http://www.thehtpc.net/downloads

Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Never seen that before I have been using the WHS addin without any issues at all. Did you post your issues in the mymovies forums?
I didn't bother too much because I didn't have much of a use case for it and was very happy with BMT/Mediascraper.

For some reason, the whole of idea of setting up My Movies to play two trailers before I start a movie sounds awesome. Is this function going to be part of your Sage build? Does it pick movies from your collection or does it show movies from current theatrical releases? It would be great if a trailer popped up for a movie I haven't watched yet in my collection to kind of serve as a reminder to check it out. Next we need the "Time to buy some popcorn" jingle interspersed between the trailers complete with the dancing sodas and bouncing Junior Mints.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

This looks tres cool.

So, if I wanted to play around ahead of time - never even having heard of MyMovies before now - is the idea that I would download MyMovies Collection Management and set up my movie library in there?
Then, when this Sage add-on shows up, a simple drop in of an stvi will automagically make it all work? (Or something along those lines?)

I guess the bottom line of this question is if I start populating stuff in MyMovies Collection Management, it won't be throw-away work, will it?

Mitch