SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post

Out of curiosity, how would the interface know what user is utilizing the interface (is it by location?)?

I have to say, the features just keep on rolling in with you!

Cheers
Well I go the user route it would simply prompt for a user when entering the screen.(Oh that is my thought at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I would go with Option #1 purely because Option #2 does not apply to me (no one in my house is named Harry or Sally)
No even nicknames
Old 03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

#1 ... feel free to curse me all day long for putting the idea in your head
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Well I go the user route it would simply prompt for a user when entering the screen.(Oh that is my thought at least)
personally that would be annoying... id have a default view, and then some easy way to switch between the different saved views... or if you get fancy you can set which one you want to enter into from the menu.xml file
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Plucky,

Being just an end user and not a developer I'm not sure how possible this would be or the amount of work invovled, but what about being able to specify a view as an arguement during launch of the plugin through the menu item (similair to the path filter expressions)? This would allow for everyone to use option 1 (the most flexible), and for those in a multi user environment to add another menu item to launch your plugin with a specific view for individual users but still have the other views readily available to switch to.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
#1 ... feel free to curse me all day long for putting the idea in your head
Yeah I cursed you a bit at but really I have most of the framework in-place for it so it won't be too bad.I have been trying to have most of the coding dynamic to begin with so midway changes aren't so hard of course they are never easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
Plucky,

Being just an end user and not a developer I'm not sure how possible this would be or the amount of work invovled, but what about being able to specify a view as an arguement during launch of the plugin through the menu item (similair to the path filter expressions)? This would allow for everyone to use option 1 (the most flexible), and for those in a multi user environment to add another menu item to launch your plugin with a specific view for individual users but still have the other views readily available to switch to.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Launching them from menu.xml's is 100% possible you would just need to pass your view through in the menu xml.

The only maybe a drawback maybe not is that each custom view would be stored separately/independently at each client/extender. Which is really in tune with how sage works anyways. You would just need to set the views up and then copy the property files to the other locations not a big deal...but maybe it is.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky,

I am currently having difficulty with my LOTR Extended edition archives. I can take the main movie from each disk using MakeMKV and each plays fine in Sage, however once i merge them with MKVmerge the resultant file crashes my HD200.

If I create the holding set for the LOTR extended edition and then add each disk as an online folder for the movie, how does it play? Will it the first disk just end, or is there some way to make it realize the movie picks up on the second disk.

Also if i add them 2 disks, what should my folder structure look like?
/DVDs/Lord of the Rings Return of the King/ Disc 1, Disc 2/
or
/DVDs/Lord of the Rings/Return of the King Disc 1...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Plucky,

I am currently having difficulty with my LOTR Extended edition archives. I can take the main movie from each disk using MakeMKV and each plays fine in Sage, however once i merge them with MKVmerge the resultant file crashes my HD200.

If I create the holding set for the LOTR extended edition and then add each disk as an online folder for the movie, how does it play? Will it the first disk just end, or is there some way to make it realize the movie picks up on the second disk.

Also if i add them 2 disks, what should my folder structure look like?
/DVDs/Lord of the Rings Return of the King/ Disc 1, Disc 2/
or
/DVDs/Lord of the Rings/Return of the King Disc 1...
Viking your a bit ahead of my coding on this question

what I mean by that is I haven't work/sorted out the details of multi disc for a single title playback yet. What you have is a perfect example and why I asked for people to pm who have done this is mymovies media center edition before. I have it worked out in my head and paper but haven't gotten to that part of the code just yet, but onto the question at hand there are two ways to go about this and two different ways it will be handled In the ui. This may change slightly but I don't think it will

1. Put both mkvs in the same folder titled lord of the rings return of the king. What you named the indiviual files won't matter other then they need to be alphebitcally or numerical succession.

2. Put them in seperate folders titled disc 1 and disc 2 as you suggested. Add the title in the collection manager and use the disc tab to point disc 1 to the disc 1 folder and disc 2 to the disc 2 folder.

Now option one on playback would be seemless
in the ui when you hit play on return of the kings it would simply make a playlist with both files automatically and start playing the playlist. This playlist will be made in numerical or alpabetical order.

Option 2 would present a different experience. Once you hit play on the movie it would present you with a option of disc available to play and you would then select disc 1 or disc 2 or play all disc.

So it is really up to you which experience you want on the ui front how you do it. Just rembember mymovies is folder based by default. So when it points to a folder it will play all resulting movies in that folder unless they are trailers or selected as different disc in the ui.

Longwinded but hopefully answers your question.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just rembember mymovies is folder based by default. So when it points to a folder it will play all resulting movies in that folder unless they are trailers or selected as different disc in the ui.

Pefect answer. I will leave them both in the 1 folder then. Option 1 and 2 both sound good to me as far as playback is concerned. The automation of option 1 is nice, but the distinction of option 2 could be handy in certain situations.

For now, i'll forgo the MKVmerge portion of my process and just put Disc 1 and Disc 2 into the same folder. I'm sure it will look odd on SMW for the time being but I'll manage until MyMovies is out in Beta to make it all shiney and better!

Thanks!

~ Brian
Old 03-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

can't you also have a popup dialog for option 1 too... (i would say optionally )... so if the # mediafiles > 1 in the directory then it can either have a popup or just play the whole thing from the beginning..
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
can't you also have a popup dialog for option 1 too... (i would say optionally )... so if the # mediafiles > 1 in the directory then it can either have a popup or just play the whole thing from the beginning..
Well my issue with that is replication I guess. I am trying to make the experience seamless for Microsoft Media Center users coming over to try sage and in it's implementation over there they don't prompt unless you specifically assign disc to folder/files like pointed out above. So you have either option it is a matter of how you set up your collection in the collection manager.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Another question for the group.

How do you prefer viewing Categories,Filters, Genres etc? ( I am talking the main listing of each filter/category etc not the drill down into each)

Do you prefer a separate Category screen like what was posted on the blogs. (see link on first page) or do you prefer just to use the wall/list/coverflow view to view the headings? Of course if doing the later the covers would be customizable that you would see.

Just curious. I am leaning towards the first option (less work for me ) , but the other option doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

cheers
Old 03-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would vote for separate screen. If I understand it correctly, when I filter I like to visually get everything else out of the way,and option 1 would do that.

Plus, if it takes less time for you, it allows you to focus your time on other stuff I care about
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Just curious. I am leaning towards the first option (less work for me ) , but the other option doesn't sound like a bad idea either.
The first option sounds best to me.

This looks really cool Plucky, its the first Sage add-on I've been excited for in a long time.

Can you tell me if this is going to work well with the HD100, or will it cause the interface to slow down? Also, how well will it support television encodes, I have my files inside directory names with the show title, but each file does not contain the show title.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

I actually don't use categories or filters at all, so just the straight wall/list/coverflow views work for me. So i'd say do whatever works best for you!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
The first option sounds best to me.

This looks really cool Plucky, its the first Sage add-on I've been excited for in a long time.

Can you tell me if this is going to work well with the HD100, or will it cause the interface to slow down? Also, how well will it support television encodes, I have my files inside directory names with the show title, but each file does not contain the show title.
It should work with the hd100 yes, it will work with the hd200. I don't personally have a hd100 but I have some beta testers that do.

function has and always will be important to me on my imports with extenders.

As for tv encodes MyMovies right now supports full tv dvd's and some people work around it by assign each episode to a different disc. My Movies is working on tv support by episode/season like you are wanting and that will be added once the collection manager supports it.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Alright guys and gals got another question about preferences.

I went with the option of saving and defining custom views vs a user settings option as discussed above all the coding is working and it was the right way to go.

Now I have another question about how they are saved/stored accessed if you will. Currently it works the way Sage does in general IE if you define one view at one extender you have to copy the properties to another extender to get that same setting carried over. This has it's plus's an minus.

plus

1. Each room/client/extender can define their views seperately and independently.

minus.

2. It takes copying the properties files from one location to another to have "shared" views throughout the house.

Now keeping in mind that mymovies has it's own property files (it does not use the default sage property files. Would it be better for me to have a "universal" properties file if you will where all views are defined so the entire household access's the same views without the need for you to manage coping over properties files and such?

cheers
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Would it be better for me to have a "universal" properties file if you will where all views are defined so the entire household access's the same views without the need for you to manage coping over properties files and such?

cheers
What's better for us (generally) is to have flexibility. That said, I maintain different menu.xml files and property files for each of my three HD200s currently so I am used to that.

If it's easier (to code, maintain & troubleshoot) for you to do the universal option, that's what I'd do. If the other way seems like it would take less ongoing support, do that.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Thumbs up Commission

PluckyHD,
You should be getting a commission from SageTV for this plugin. I know for a lot of WMC users MyMovies is one of the only things keeping me from switching. From reading this post and seeing the progress you've made I've decided to pull the trigger and switch over. Great job and thanks for the good work.
Please let me know where to download if you would like an additional beta tester. I've been using MyMovies for several years now, both the V2 and V3 versions.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaval View Post
PluckyHD,
You should be getting a commission from SageTV for this plugin. I know for a lot of WMC users MyMovies is one of the only things keeping me from switching. From reading this post and seeing the progress you've made I've decided to pull the trigger and switch over. Great job and thanks for the good work.
Please let me know where to download if you would like an additional beta tester. I've been using MyMovies for several years now, both the V2 and V3 versions.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I deserve commission that is for sure. This has been a community effort and I just a hobiest programmer at best. Sage does a a+++ job of supporting their developers and giving us things we want/need in their api/studio to make our apps work better. Head and heals above any other company I have ever seen.

Since you have used mymovies for so long and have experience on how the ui acts over in Media Center I would love to add you as a tester please shoot me an email @ SageMyMovies@gmail.com and I will get you added to the small list of testers once betas start going out.

Plus if I got paid by sage or anyone it would be a job at that point and lose it's fun...
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I must say...
I just discovered this discussion in the forum and am ecstatic about it. It has really made my day much more cheery and happy. I used version 2 of MyMovies and have posted a few discussions about how bad the current movie management applications are for SageTV. Really the one thing it does poorly is manage movies.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=25152&page=3 post 53 I think.

I am excited to the extreeme about your project.