SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Halt in recordings

Serious. This is happening almost all the time when more than one recording is going.

Error Message Details

The device input "Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture Digital TV Tuner" failed to record "NCIS: Los Angeles" on KMTVDT on physical channel 45-3-1 at Tue 1/26 20:00. The TV source for this input may have become disconnected, powered off, has lost its signal, the channel is no longer available, or the device is failing.

Error Message Details

The device input "Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture Digital TV Tuner" stopped producing data while recording "NCIS: Los Angeles" on KMTVDT on physical channel 45-3-1. SageTV will try to reset the device. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available.

23 Messages. Last Occurrence: Tue, Jan 26 8:57:55 PM

I have two 1600s and a 150. What could be wrong? Bad Hauppauge card? How exactly would I be able to tell?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

No suggestions? Not even a question?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Among the possibilities...

Does the card normally work? If now, does it work with the Hauppauge software? If not, contact Hauppauge supoprt.

How many splits do you have on your line? Is the signal too weak for the card to tune consistently? Maybe you need a cable amp.

Conversely, are there no splits and it doesn't like a strong signal? Add a splitter.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru View Post
The device input "Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture Digital TV Tuner" failed to record "NCIS: Los Angeles" on KMTVDT on physical channel 45-3-1 at Tue 1/26 20:00. The TV source for this input may have become disconnected, powered off, has lost its signal, the channel is no longer available, or the device is failing.

I have two 1600s and a 150. What could be wrong? Bad Hauppauge card? How exactly would I be able to tell?
Are you recording ATSC or QAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Among the possibilities...

How many splits do you have on your line? Is the signal too weak for the card to tune consistently? Maybe you need a cable amp.

Conversely, are there no splits and it doesn't like a strong signal? Add a splitter.

- Andy
My money is on one of those plus any channel specific issues with:
KMTVDT on physical channel 45-3-1

If you watch that channel live does it have a bunch of errors in it? Does it occasionally prompt Sage to go to a "No Signal" pop up? In addition to the amps and splitters you might relook at your antenna too, assuming you use ATSC on the 1600s.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

ATSC. I have splitter with an AMP. I have tried both on one of the two outputs on the amp, and I have tried one on each.

Once of these card is new actually. Is only new since I want to Win7 on a new machine. The other card was in my older box for a couple years. Both are 1600s.

Maybe a bad card? It does work fine with the Hauppauge software, but then it usually works ok with the Sage software as well.

Maybe swap a card out and see what happens? If I stick the exact same card in the same slot does anything with Sage need changed?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru View Post
No suggestions? Not even a question?
Do you have any Seagate Barracuda drives by any chance?

I was having similar issues with my HD PVR and found that I needed a firmware update for my 1.5TB barracuda drive. The firmware for my drive made a huge difference.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

After installing some defrag software on my server this all but dissapeared. It has been a couple weeks now with no issues.

Weird.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

The ENTIRE DRIVE dropped out today. Maybe my problem was a drive issue after all.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updated drivers from Hauppage and it hasn't happened in the last two weeks. I hope finally that this can be put to bed.