SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Browse Media files Playback Exception error solved

Posting this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I am running the SageTVservice on a Vista PC and using the HD200. I was tryiing to watch a mp4 file I had download to the local drive. Every time I tried to play the file I would get a Playback Exception error. Once I got the error I would have to power cycle the Hd200.

I worked with George at SageTV tech support, and in the process figure out what I had done wrong.

I had the firewall set to allow exceptions for
TCP 7760 - got these 3 from sage manual firewall section
UDP 31100
TCP 31099
SageTV
SageTVServiceControl - this was my mistake thought I had pick the service but had gotten the control instead duh!!

Once I put the SageTVService on the exception list now I can play mp4 file from the local drive.

Next I tried to play files from a remote drive but got a Error -2 Files selected for playback are no longer on disk.

I then change the service to login as a user instead of Local Service and now it works.

Hope this is helpful and a big Thanks to George for his help.

Now I can use Miro to download my online videos (like geekbrief) to my hard drive and then use Sage to watch it. I have a slow internet link 0.5 Mb so watching online content I have to pause and wait for it to buffer all the time. This way it can download at night and I can watch it the next day and
be able to fast forward as needed.

Tom