SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
But I am doing this same and buildig my first i3 client soon
Talk is cheap have you actually pulled the trigger yet
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Talk is cheap have you actually pulled the trigger yet
No because talk is cheaper than buying a client
Old 05-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetc View Post
I just spotted this thread for the first time, must have been half asleep before!

So it seems all the bitching and whining going on about the new v7 UI is basically wasted effort because everyone will be using Ortus when you release it anyway, lol.

.....and I suddenly find satisfaction that I put up with rebooting clients once a week, I feel some upgrades coming on!
That's exactly why in Fuzzy's poll I didn't vote for development of the UI. No UI is going to please everyone anyway. No sense in getting all hot and bothered by the UI. Now am I glad they revamped the UI to the extent they did? Yes. It does/will provide a better out of the box experience for people that are trialing the software. I like the other improvements sage made in v7 way more than the UI. With Ortus and Phoenix projects coming along and the ability to now import XBMC skins people's UI woes should be allayed.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I agree, that music is excellent! Any idea who it is?
Tinie Tempah - Pass Out

Quote:
While we're at it we might as well show another video of cover flow examples we made a few months back to go with the newer one posted earlier. This screen exists in Ortus but currently isn't avaiable from the menu system and may never see the light of day. Some of you will already have seen this as it was posted elsewhere sometime ago. Also ignore the date at the end of the clip as that may not be quite true.....times running out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH65UBCnjPs

Cheers

Ben
So this screen may not be included? I really hope it is because it's everything I've been looking for in SageTV. Do you know if it will be? If it's not included, what would be the reason considering it looks like all (of close to all) the code is in place for it.

Tony
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
Thanks for the link tonysathre, but I meant the music for THIS video rather than the one showing off the modified coverflow.

I do agree with you however, that the modified coverflow would be a really nice feature to have available in Ortus once it is released!

Any thoughts Team Ortus?

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question:

Will there be a function/Feature when we open Movies / Recorded TV to see what new files have been recently added to the library, so that we can quickly see what new viewing is availble in each of the libraries.

cheers.
d

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Question:

Will there be a function/Feature when we open Movies / Recorded TV to see what new files have been recently added to the library, so that we can quickly see what new viewing is availble in each of the libraries.

cheers.
d
Yes, its not in the actual menu's but on the main menu.....so if you highlight the movie menu item for instance you will see a panel slide in from the right displaying the 10 newest added movies, same applies for TV Series, Recorded TV etc.

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Super Sexy.

So, on my fileserver i have 2 folders of viewing - 1 for TV shows which have been ripped from disk, and 1 for the Movies.

How best to present this in the UI, simply have the TV shows and Movies as 2 folders under the Movies interface, or do you have a mechanism to treat TV series separately?

Using the Stock UI, as long as i use folder view this works pretty well, but if i try to use any of the richer options as in sorting on genre etc, then i have a pick n mix of TV and movies, which is horrible if there are 100 episodes of stargate showing up in the Si-Fi catagory for example.

Mucho Gracis
Damian

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 06-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Super Sexy.

So, on my fileserver i have 2 folders of viewing - 1 for TV shows which have been ripped from disk, and 1 for the Movies.

How best to present this in the UI, simply have the TV shows and Movies as 2 folders under the Movies interface, or do you have a mechanism to treat TV series separately?

Using the Stock UI, as long as i use folder view this works pretty well, but if i try to use any of the richer options as in sorting on genre etc, then i have a pick n mix of TV and movies, which is horrible if there are 100 episodes of stargate showing up in the Si-Fi catagory for example.

Mucho Gracis
Damian
Yea, it shouldn't really matter where the videos are using Ortus as it will asign a media type to each media item....Movies and TV Series are segregated and can be filtered seperatly. We use a scraping method to work out which media files are Movies and which are TV Series and this can return some funny results sometimes but theirs an editing mechanism so you can manually change them to what they should be if and when it does get things wrong.

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Right,

so you really dont give a crap about the .properties files, and instead have your own metadata grabber to go do the work and fill in your TV and Movie information.

If thats the case, then my mind is made up, and i not going to inverst in Meta<>Browser, an I can focus on coding out bits and box instead of a metadata scraper in c#

The scope of this project sounds amazing.
Merci

Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Will Ortus have any mechanism/menu to track recently watched shows and movies, so one can easily return to media they previously started?

I know Tom cooked one up for the default STV and I believe it’s being ported to v7. I’d love to see something similar in Ortus if possible…

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...274#post413274

Thank you to all those involved with this project, it’s really coming along and I look forward to giving it a go!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Will Ortus have any mechanism/menu to track recently watched shows and movies, so one can easily return to media they previously started?
Yes, and also on a per user basis (one of the things that actually works quite well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I look forward to giving it a go!
So do I.....

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

wow. simply amazing.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Sage User

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
... on a per user basis ...

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Sage Icon

Any chance for a teaser/update?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I second the teaser request. Those screen shots look very polished. Nice work.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

I third the request.........

I've been away for the last 10 days and missed any updates.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I realize that Ortus is a volunteer effort, but I am curious as to when we will see an Ortus UI replacement for v7. Summer of 2010 closes in 3 days! While SMM is great, it almost looks out of place compared to the rest of v7 UI. Music Wall? Recorded TV? Photo Slideshow? These are all aspects of Widnows Media Center that I use that I would like to see available in an SMM/Ortus level UI in Sage 7 before I convert over. Again, not complaining, just hoping that a consistent and comprehensive UI is in the making for the Ortus Team. Let me know where to send the check!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwr View Post
I realize that Ortus is a volunteer effort, but I am curious as to when we will see an Ortus UI replacement for v7. Summer of 2010 closes in 3 days!
You're a little eager - the Autumnal Equinox is on Sep 23 this year - 21 days away.