SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Sage User

iPhone streaming app

FYI, I'm loving a new app for my iphone that can stream my sage shows from my server to my phone....even away from the house on 3G.

http://lifehacker.com/5473128/air-vi...-is-incredible

There is a PC part to install (free) and then just point it to your sage recordings directory (or any video directory you want). It'll convert the file to iphone format and stream it to your phone. I'm surprised that it works as well as it does. Takes a little time to buffer, but then it plays really smooth.

Does anyone know if sagetv can record in native iphone format? Then it wouldn't even need to convert on-the-fly.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEaustin View Post
Does anyone know if sagetv can record in native iphone format? Then it wouldn't even need to convert on-the-fly.
It's not up to Sage, it's a question of what your capture device supports. I don't know of an analog device that records directly to iPhone format. For digital devices (QAM cable, digital OTA, satellite), Sage records in whatever format the provider transmits in.

Sage does have the ability to convert existing recordings to other formats, including iPhone.