SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

epg sources - gone :-(

I've been using the 'nice' epg feed for my epg data for as long as I can remember and it disappeared over the weekend. I see xmltvnz.co.nz is now offline too. I am now using xmltvnz, but would like to download the epg from my dvbs card and export to an xml file to use with stephaneM's xml importer.

I've been looking at epgsnoop but can't find any clear instructions for a novice linux user. I had a look at dvbviewer but can't see a way of automating the export. I use mprog excellent dvbenhancer and don't want to sacrifice one of my dvbs tuners (which probably won't work as channel scanning produce no channels).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Anne
Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Sage User

There has been a quite lengthy discussion about the guide data on the MythTVNZ mailing list, http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/...ch/009350.html

In the course of the discussion someone asked the same question and got the following (slightly helpful) answer:

Yes, that's where the epg.pvr.geek.nz feed came from. You need epgsnoop or tv_grab_dvb or something else that knows how to grab the EIT data and write it out as an xmltv file. Search the archives - I think this has all been covered before in some detail.

And another discussion on GeekZone has a number of suggestions for generating your own guide data, http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...&topicid=58524

I've not tried any of the above myself, that's a job for later in the week

Dylan
Old 03-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmystique View Post
I had a look at dvbviewer but can't see a way of automating the export.
With my DVBViewer Recorder you can automatically export the DVBViewer guide data to XMLTV. I don't know if anyone is using this feature and if it works well (basically the recorder will on schedule tune to a channel where the EPG can be grabbed by DVBViewer, let it on this channel for an amount of time you choose and then dump all EPG data DVBViewer managed to get in an XMLTV file)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the responses guys.

Had an old pc and dvbs card not doing anything, so install ubuntu 9.10 and have got dvbsnoop and epgsnoop working. It now turns on once a day, downloads the epg, copies it over to my main pc and then shuts down again. It's working a treat.

It was a bit of a challenge having very little ubuntu linux experience...

Cheers