SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Recordings showing up in videos?

Some Sage recordings are showing up in my "Videos" media center. It is cluttering my Videos section and I can't figure out how to fix this. My settings are correct (for my selected video folders) so I don't know why the recordings are showing up. Anyone? Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Administrator

The only "normal" reason a recording would be imported instead of recognized as a recording would be if SageTV lost track of what the file is.

What customizations are you using? Are any of them messing with the filename and/or metadata for your recordings?

Have you recently changed something & reverted to an older wiz.bin or even started using a new one?

Have you renamed any of the recordings' files or tried to manually move them w/o following the recommended method of moving recordings listed in a FAQ at the top of this forum?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The only "normal" reason a recording would be imported instead of recognized as a recording would be if SageTV lost track of what the file is.

What customizations are you using? Are any of them messing with the filename and/or metadata for your recordings?

Have you recently changed something & reverted to an older wiz.bin or even started using a new one?

Have you renamed any of the recordings' files or tried to manually move them w/o following the recommended method of moving recordings listed in a FAQ at the top of this forum?

- Andy
Thanks, I just deleted them all manually. I think it may have been a result of reinstalling Sage a while ago.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm seeing this in my collection now. I might have done one or more of the items you suggested Opus. But, now how do I fix/clean it up?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got this sorted out. I moved the files out of the Import directory, then did a rescan. I then moved the files back to the logical locations, then did a rescan again, and now things are where I want them to be.

However, this effectively deleted the recordings out of the database, then re-added them - but any previous metadata would now be gone. To avoid losing this information when I attempt this cleanup, is that what the .my files might be able to preserve for me? How do I generate .my files for recordings?