SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Windows 7 Can't Login to SageTV Server from Placeshifter

I have installed SageTV Server (v 6.6.2.218) and on a Laptop SageTV Placeshifter (v 6.6.1.217). Both are the latest software I believe.

The SageTV server is running on Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit.

The SageTV Placeshifter is running on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

I can use the SageTV placeshifter just fine if I am connected to my private home network (DIR-655 Wireless router). However, I can not login to the SageTV Server from the internet (outside my network).

My Placeshifter finds my SageTV Server and then presents the:
Please enter User Name and Password Screen to Access the SageTV Server.
I entered in my SageTV Server's configured user name and password but it keeps saying it is an invalide user name and password.

I tried accessing the Server also just from Private network in this way and same login error.

I have tested Placeshifter fine on SageTV server (test placeshifter), I have configured a user with a password and tried deleting and adding back but still it will not let me log in.

I have Setup a virtual Server to my SageTV Server (static IP) for ports:
TCP 31099, UDP 31100, TCP 8018.

I have turned off the Wireless Routers (DIR-655) firewall (SPI off). I have also turned off my SageTV and Laptop PC firewalls but still it will not work.

When I had other issues (have to start stop media center to get a picture the first time after reboot of Win 7) with SageTV, SageTV official support told me via email SageTV does not yet fully support Windows 7 and they are working on it (that was last week).

Is this login issue due to SageTV not working on Windows 7 still for this login access by Placeshifter?? Any ideas?