SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Hauppauge 42 key remote

Is there a way to program one of the keys on this remote to control a specific command on a satellite receiver, for example? Or SageTV for that matter.
My satellite receiver (motorola DSR505) has a coding error, where it calls up a "cancel" screen when a local broadcaster requests a blackout screen.

So, the blackout message appears, and then the receiver throws up a second layer screen with a "cancel" requester.

SageTV gets locked out on that screen and can't change the channel until "cancel" is actually pressed from the satellite's remote.

So I need a macro in Sage, or a way to address the "cancel" screen before Sage can change channels.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi.

If pressing that button all the time doesn't cause any trouble, then I might know a way to do it. I posted it a while back. Here's the thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30002.

Basically, you can change your physical channel numbers by prefixing them with a digit representing the remote code for the cancel button. Then every time SageTV changes the channel, it will send the cancel command first. Maybe that would help?

Best of luck,

Steven