SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Sage User

Standby issue

I've been using Media Center for a while, but I just got an HD200, so that I can use SageTV in another room of the house. I'm having an issue with it. I leave the HD200 on, and in Standby mode. If I use another input on the TV for a while, then go back to the SageTV input, then hitting any button to get out of SageTV out of Standby turns off the device. Its only after it has been in Standby for a while. Has anyone seen this problem? Anything I can do?

Thanks,
Zip
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage User

Did some testing, and have discovered that this only happens when the SageTV logo screensaver is enabled. If it is using the slideshow when in standby, the HD200 comes back out of standby without issue. Nobody else is seeing this?

Thanks,
Zip
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
Did some testing, and have discovered that this only happens when the SageTV logo screensaver is enabled. If it is using the slideshow when in standby, the HD200 comes back out of standby without issue. Nobody else is seeing this?

Thanks,
Zip
Yup. I think it turns off if your server has gone into standby/sleep. I haven't tried to switch to the slide show, maybe I will if this fixes it.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage User

I don't think that is it. My server doesn't currently go into standy/sleep mode. Its always on.

-zip
Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
I don't think that is it. My server doesn't currently go into standy/sleep mode. Its always on.

-zip
Could be - I haven't really experimented. But I know that it turns off if on screen saver after a certain amount of time. If it just went into that mode, I can "recall" it fine, and it doesn't turn off.