SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage User

HD100 Remote not working correctly - power supply replaced

Hello,

I believe my remote has stopped working properly with my HD100. I have a 'remote extender' that responds with a light when it receives an IR signal. Some buttons are working while others are not. Is there a simple replacement remote option? I guess I would need a working remote to program a non-sage replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, I only just now figured out that the remote isn't working right, see below for the rather long road I took to figure it out:

Quite a while back I did the three cap replacement process and all has been fine until recently. The last few months the remote started not responding well - well to be more specific, some buttons worked fine while others did not work at all. For example, the 'cursor up' button works fine while the 'down' button doesn't respond. After reading the thread it sounded like a power supply issue (though I was skeptical after already replacing the caps). I decided to simply replace the entire power supply. I bought this one for $10 (shipped) and although cheap, does the job (it even fits inside the unit so I just took the old one out, snipped the connectors and put this one in line so the switch still works):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390089280380

The HD100 powers up just fine and all seems good but it behaves exactly the same as it did before, which makes sense now that I believe I have determined that the remote is not functioning correctly. Sigh. I have no idea how to get the remote issue resolved however...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you inadvertently break the remote? If so, you can buy one from the Sage Store.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
you can buy one from the Sage Store.
Oh jeez , earlier I quickly browsed the 'all products' section, but I didn't see the remote for sale until I just now looked under the 'hardware' section of the store.

Thanks for pointing this out for me, as that should solve my problem!

Well, at least I'll be able to test drive that $10 replacement power supply in case any one else decides to go that route (and it was fast shipping too!).