SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Helen
I am using uMCEDVDPlayer.exe, admitedly the splash screen is short duration but would be better without it. I enabled this player using "External DVD player" in SageMC Options-> external programs... but there only seems to be enable and disable, i cant see anywhere to tell sage to do nothing on the transition.

In Global UI Options i did find a Minimize on Sleep option but that was already disabled.... where do i find the 'do nothing' command you described?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
Thanks Helen
I am using uMCEDVDPlayer.exe, admitedly the splash screen is short duration but would be better without it. I enabled this player using "External DVD player" in SageMC Options-> external programs... but there only seems to be enable and disable, i cant see anywhere to tell sage to do nothing on the transition.

In Global UI Options i did find a Minimize on Sleep option but that was already disabled.... where do i find the 'do nothing' command you described?
It was a choice during the setup of the external application. Here's the thread where it was discussed:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...37&postcount=7

I have been using the HD200 for a while now so the info may be out of date, if so sorry. I was on TMT 1 or 2 at the time on the client.

EDIT: Also here:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...d.php?p=359043
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 05-09-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

The more I think about this, it seems that the do nothing choice was only present during setup of the external link. To make a change, I had to delete the link and set it up again from scratch.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks again Helen ...

I used the back door and checked the sage.properties file .... found a likely looking entry in

sagemc/use_external_sleep_first=true

changed to false and voila no anoying view of the desktop any more.... I would not have thought to look there without your post, thanks for helping...

The splash screen is anoying but livable if i have to.... i'll see how it measures up on the WAF scale. I think the Blu-Ray quality should out weigh the downside.

I noticed when exiting the program the sageMC UI was unresponsive for a long time ...i thought it had crashed but then it just came back.... is this something you see or do i need more tweeks to my setup?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
I noticed when exiting the program the sageMC UI was unresponsive for a long time ...i thought it had crashed but then it just came back.... is this something you see or do i need more tweeks to my setup?
That's why I ended up with the do nothing option - it seemed to take a while to wake Sage back up when put to sleep. The way I was running TMT took focus and full screen as soon as it launched. And useing the back button on my remote closed TMT and returned focus to Sage.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
Don't forget, today's BRs have mandatory (forced) ads and previews that border on the obscene. AnyDVD & Sage extender gives the ability to do away with these. Regular BR players will happily make you sit through 15 minutes of them.

This alone is the main reason why I now run BR discs through the Sage server upstairs to the HD200, even though their is a PS3 (with more capable audio options ) sitting right next to the HD200.
I agree, it is getting to the point where I put the blu ray in the player 15 to 20 minutes before I want to watch and just let it play with the sound off.

Whenever possible, I rip them to a hard drive for temporary storage and skip all of the mandatory stuff when I view.

Plus, my blu ray player takes forever to start playing. Overall, the experience with blu ray has been very poor. If it wasn't for the PQ, I'd never use blu ray at all.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra View Post
I agree, it is getting to the point where I put the blu ray in the player 15 to 20 minutes before I want to watch and just let it play with the sound off.

Whenever possible, I rip them to a hard drive for temporary storage and skip all of the mandatory stuff when I view.

Plus, my blu ray player takes forever to start playing. Overall, the experience with blu ray has been very poor. If it wasn't for the PQ, I'd never use blu ray at all.
Then you understand why I was asking about accessing a BR drive on a networked PC earlier in the thread. I have powerdvd and anydvd hd running seamlessly behidn the scenese on my HTPC and I never have to endure this (or, rather, I have chosen not to, by checkinga box). That'a why I would never want to just buy a standalone BR player and plug it into an extender.

Not to mention, I bought my BR/HD_DVD/DVD lightscribe reader/writer drive 18 montwsh ago for about $80. Even after adding $$ for the AnyDVD HD license, I doubt there are standalone BR that compete at that price, still!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

3rd Party

I'd think somebody would be willing (or perhaps already has an API) to provide Blu-Ray playback software that Sage could integrate and offer as a 3rd party add-on.

I'd be willing to buy a product that integrates seamlessly.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Not really, see here:
http://forums.theatertek.com/showpos...&postcount=102

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterTek
With DVD, the market to allow sub-licensing was possible. We did this with Ravisent which became Sonic, then with nVidia when they created a DVD component set. These large organizations plunked down the $1m entry fee for CSS and audio licensing.

With the copy protection so easily removed with DVD, the powers at be created an entirely different licensing and restriction policy for the new formats. This has effectively made sub-licensing significantly more difficult, requiring the very substantial financial and development resources to play in this new market. The componentization of the codecs has been removed (DirectShow for example is 'unsafe' for BluRay playback) and a secure data path throughout the rendering pipeline is required. This effectively means that assembling codecs together as we did in DirectShow using tools such as GraphEdit is not possible for BluRay.
And note that's Andrew, the creator of TheaterTek posting that, not a random forum member speculating.

It's really a shame.

Last edited by stanger89; 05-17-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Tags
blu-ray, component, sage