SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

ISO support in Sage7 (OK and Blu-ray support as well)

Quote:
BDMV (BluRay) folder playback in SageTV Media Center & Client for Windows
The BDMV support that has been so popular on the HD media extenders now comes to the Windows versions of SageTVClient and SageTV Media Center (codecs need to be installed by the user)

Support for playback of ISO DVD & BDMV (BluRay) files on all platforms that support non-ISO playback (on Windows this requires the free application Virtual Clone Drive to be installed)
SageTV can now mount DVD and BluRay ISO files for playback. This is functional on all platforms; but the platform needs to support regular DVD or BDMV playback for this to be useful (i.e. all servers can now mount DVD/BluRay ISO files; but they would need to be played back on an HD extender or Windows SageTVClient; this feature does not imply additional platforms can playback BDMVs)

D/L and installed SageTV7 last evening. Everything seemed to go well enough. My thanks to Sage for another job well done.

One of the new features I was looking forward to was ISO file support. However, after installing v7 I don't see any of my ISO files showing up in the video libraries. I have Virtual Clone Drive installed (at least I think it's Virtual Clone Drive - Elby - the same guys that do Anydvd).

What do I need to do for these files to show up?

I seem to remember I had to edit the sage.properties file for FLAC file support so SageTV would recognize the file extension. Would I need to do the same for ISO file support?

My DVD's are in a folder format and currently work just fine. However, my Blu-Rays are in ISO format and once SageTV recognizes the ISO format I hope to turn more attention to how I can view them in Sage. Any tips or tricks needed to accomplish this are welcome.

Currently I have a single machine as client and server (no extenders,no external clients, no placeshifting). The machine has an LG hd-dvd/Blu-Ray player which, so far, I have only used for ripping. I use TMT3 for viewing HD-DVD/Blu-Ray movies (DVD's I usually watch through Sage). I have 2 DCH3200 STBs, one is setup for firewire capture and the other has an HD-PVR for capture (I use the Arcsoft decoders that came with TME 2 for HD viewing in Sage).

It could very well be that I misunderstood what was meant by ISO support and also BDMV support. I understand SageTV doesn't include everything needed but I think I have the necessary additions for it to work.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage

Once it finishes scanning the library directories the ISO files should show up. If they don't, please submit a bug report on it:

http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

A few days later and still can't "see" ISO files exists. A bug report has been filed.

It looks like some others may have this issue as well (from reading some of the Blu-Ray playback posts).

I can playback Blu-Ray movies if they are ripped to a folder format.
I can't play back a Blu-Ray disc when in the DVD/BR ROM drive.

I don't have clients or extenders to test from.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I will revise my statement that SageTV7 doesn't "see" ISO files.

I expected ISO files to show up in the Video Library similar to how DVDs show up
Video ->DVD/BD -> <dvds, BD (both folder rips) and iso files>

I have found that if I go to search and browse file system Sage will "see" and list ISO files. I cannot however play the ISO file, I just get a spinning circle of death.
Search -> Browse File Systems -> (etc)

Perhaps if I was to leave it go long enough it would eventually time out and throw an error message up, but after a couple of minutes I just open Task Manager and kill the SageTV.exe process. (one of the 2 SageTV.exe processes, killing 1 kills the other. I also see 2 instances of the SageTVService running. This is since the loading of the V7 beta)

FYI - I have checked the following in the Sage.Properties file and .iso is listed.
Quote:
For Sage to see ISOs you need to add .ISO to this line in properties:
seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=

Last edited by UgaData; 05-23-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: added FYI
Old 05-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Same for me but I left the circle spinning and finally ended up with a video playback error, couldn't open the file.

S
Old 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
A few days later and still can't "see" ISO files exists. A bug report has been filed.
I think they show up under the "Videos" view.

Quote:
I can playback Blu-Ray movies if they are ripped to a folder format.
I can't play back a Blu-Ray disc when in the DVD/BR ROM drive.
I believe you'll need to have that drive setup as an import directory, and obviously you'll need AnyDVD HD running since nobody can license BD/AACS playback code.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Sage Expert

And for me I can see and "play" iso files but they just appear and then the progress bar jumps to the end. No image actually appears, but no spinning circle and no problem listing/seeing the isos.

interesting.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 05-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Expert

as mentioned in another thread, although I do have the ISO issue I can play back blu-rays that are in the sage server hard drive via extenders and they play great.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I do have AnyDVD-HD and I have Virtual Clone Drive.

I don't have the physical DVD/BD-rom drive as an import directory.

Although I can sorta playback a BD movie if it is ripped in folder format, it is somewhat lackluster. I don't get the main BD menu, it plays back the wrong language or it uses the commentary track, and since I never get the menu I can't select the correct track.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
Although I can sorta playback a BD movie if it is ripped in folder format, it is somewhat lackluster. I don't get the main BD menu,
You won't, BD-J isn't supported.

Quote:
it plays back the wrong language or it uses the commentary track, and since I never get the menu I can't select the correct track.
You can change all that stuff via the options menu/command while it's playing.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You won't, BD-J isn't supported.
OK, at least I know.

Quote:
You can change all that stuff via the options menu/command while it's playing.
Yeah, I may not have been on the menu your referencing, I was on something that allowed me to choose different tracks/titles? but each track still played back the same way. And sometimes the responsiveness in the menu was just down right horrid.