SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

No restore point. I just happened to look at the JARs directory after doing some updates and noticed some duplicate .jars. Besides the two versions of ant I have jetty-sslengine-6.1.11.jar and jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar.

Maybe it's a coincidence that ant and jetty-sslengine are both from the jetty plugin, but maybe there is something funky with how jetty is installed and upgraded?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Sage User

I just installed Jetty on SageTV Version 7.0.23 and I am trying to use the webapp Nielm Web interface
I downloaded an older version as the newest version requires a beta SageTV version which I don't have
I am having a problem though I can't log in to access the SageTV Web interface
I changed the password through the sage Jetty configuration page (I did click on restart web server after I changed the Password) and I even tried using the default Username and password but no matter what I do I can't log in and if I click cancel I get a not authorized error
what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormatC: View Post
I just installed Jetty on SageTV Version 7.0.23 and I am trying to use the webapp Nielm Web interface
I downloaded an older version as the newest version requires a beta SageTV version which I don't have
I am having a problem though I can't log in to access the SageTV Web interface
I changed the password through the sage Jetty configuration page (I did click on restart web server after I changed the Password) and I even tried using the default Username and password but no matter what I do I can't log in and if I click cancel I get a not authorized error
what am I doing wrong?
Thanks

I finally figured it out I had to restart SageTV
Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 is exactly the headache I thought it would be.

I copied and pasted over my properties file. Then, I noticed that all my plugins were listed as installed, but many failed. I followed the advice in page 1, and I removed all plugins and reinstalled. Jetty seems to have installed ok.

But I get nothing at http://localhost:8080/apps. Linked are my logs. Can you help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43581/sagetv_0.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43581/sagetv_1.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43581/sagetv_2.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43581/sagetv_3.txt
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Get rid of the .properties file and do a fresh install. You shouldn't copy over properties file when going to a different machine or a different OS. Devices and other items may get different IDs that will cause you issues.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Get rid of the .properties file and do a fresh install. You shouldn't copy over properties file when going to a different machine or a different OS. Devices and other items may get different IDs that will cause you issues.

Gerry
I took your advice and started over. It was silly for me to think that I could transfer everything over. Thanks.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 05-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed the Sage web server on my Windows 7 x 64 computer. When I try the URLs:

http://<server>:<port>/app
http://<server>:<port>/sage/home

The web server prompts for the username and password. I tried the username sage and password frey. I also tried the username user and the password frey. Either worked. Both are unauthorized. What is the default username and password? How do I set the username and password?

I found the configuration Sage web server plug-in configuration screen to set the username and password, but that did not help. I am still not able to log into the web server, although the web server prompts me for a username and password.

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 05-11-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

The URLs should be:

http://<server>:<port>/apps
http://<server>:<port>/sage/Home

The default user name is sage and the default password is frey. You can change them in the Jetty Web Server plugin configuration. After you change them you'll need to restart Jetty by clicking the restart button on that same screen or by restarting Sage.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Really Dumb Question - SSL Config

This one is really dumb (and easy for the experts), but I want to get it right. When configuring Jetty for SSL, after I create the keystore, how to I point to it. Let me clarify.

Let's say I create the keystore and place it in the folder c:\program files\sageTV\. Now when I go to Sage.properties and add the reference to it, how do I add the path?

can I just do:

jetty/jetty.ssl.truststore=c:\program files\sageTV\.keystore

Or should I use forward slashes? Double slashes? I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Server: SageTV 7
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
This one is really dumb (and easy for the experts), but I want to get it right. When configuring Jetty for SSL, after I create the keystore, how to I point to it. Let me clarify.

Let's say I create the keystore and place it in the folder c:\program files\sageTV\. Now when I go to Sage.properties and add the reference to it, how do I add the path?

can I just do:

jetty/jetty.ssl.truststore=c:\program files\sageTV\.keystore

Or should I use forward slashes? Double slashes? I just want to make sure.

Thanks!
Hm, I don't remember editing the Sage.properties file manually last time I did this, but may be wrong. Anyway, this is how it looks in mine:

jetty/jetty.ssl.keystore=E\:\\Documents\\Certificates\\...
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

How can the port value from the Sage.properties file:

sagex/api/httpPort=

be different than the actual value used by the web server?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

That looks like something from stuckless' remote API plugin. You might post the question over on that thread if you don't hear from him here.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm working on a Boxee app that will allow users to access their Sage recordings. (It's in the very early stages at this point.) In order to get an app "published" for Boxee I need to create a repository to store the app. In most cases a repository is just a small directory that resides on a server that is reachable via http:// I'm wondering if I can use jetty to allow the repository to reside on the sage machine of the user.

With jetty installed is it possible to access a file via http://localhost:8080/some/directory/path ????

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Yes just create a folder in jetty folder and u can hit it directly. Mine is /jetty/boxeeapp/sageboxee.xml

That's the dir on the server of course to access I go http://1.2.3.4ort/boxeeapp/sageboxee.xml
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Yes just create a folder in jetty folder and u can hit it directly. Mine is /jetty/boxeeapp/sageboxee.xml

That's the dir on the server of course to access I go http://1.2.3.4ort/boxeeapp/sageboxee.xml
And that works for a Boxee repository? Seems too easy

Old 07-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Not sure about a repository but that's how I was grabbing the XML for slugger groovy ap... It should work for a repository though. When doing dev on the webremote my build file put the file hat jetty needed to dl from the "repository".... I'm pretty sure thinking about it hat that'll work for ya.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post

It works if you put it directly in the jetty folder? I had it configured so it would go under the jetty/static folder. Maybe there's some default setting for putting files directly in the jetty folder as well.

I recommend the jetty/static folder for the sake of file organization but it's up to you.
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
It works if you put it directly in the jetty folder? I had it configured so it would go under the jetty/static folder. Maybe there's some default setting for putting files directly in the jetty folder as well.

I recommend the jetty/static folder for the sake of file organization but it's up to you.
OK. I just wanted to make sure it was doable.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I'm getting a "forbidden" error. Are there permissions to set someplace?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah jetty static is where I got mine too D'oh. Sorry.