SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile My wish for Sage7 or later...Came True!

I was hoping Sage7 would address a couple pet peeves of mine, but it didn't so I'll start this thread in hopes it could be done in the future. Probably a better place for this, but I'm not sure where...

Only two things really...because for the most part SageTV has performed admirably for the 2 years I've been using it.

1. Why can't Extenders (HD-200) connected to SageTV servers play ISO files with the same dexterity as an Extender in stand-alone mode? When in standalone, I can pause, ff, rwd iso files without a hitch. Try this when connected to the server and you'll immediately lock up. At least I do.

2. I really like the UI look of browsing DVD rips with the vob files and a folder.jpg inside the DVD folder. What I want is to put an AVI or ISO file inside a folder along with a folder.jpg and have the same UI look as DVD folders.

Have I missed a way to do either of these things in Sage7?

Last edited by metapath; 06-03-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-29-2010, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're getting UI lockups on your extenders, that's a bug and you should report it via the bug report form or by sending email to betatest@sagetv.com.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapath View Post
2. I really like the UI look of browsing DVD rips with the vob files and a folder.jpg inside the DVD folder. What I want is to put an AVI or ISO file inside a folder along with a folder.jpg and have the same UI look as DVD folders.
Just name the picture the same as the video/iso file.

filename.avi
filename.jpg
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool, I'll give it a try. Thanks Stranger89.
As for the lockups, it's done this (when connected to the server) since day one with Sage6...so I didn't see it as a bug with Sage7...I'll log it anyway.
Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

You can use either of those methods to report bugs in released products, not just betas. If you didn't report a bug you observed in V6, then it should come as no surprise if it's not fixed in V7. They can only fix the bugs they know about.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Just name the picture the same as the video/iso file.

filename.avi
filename.jpg
This is a new trick to me (I'm sure its documented somewhere, but obviously I missed it). Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I assume it's in the manual. Pretty sure it's how BMT works.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Sage User

I think SageTV should add an option for filtering the naming convention of jpg files. I have all of my folders with images labeled as folder.jpg; some do not and software just defaults to whatever jpg it finds. If it finds multiple jpg, then I can either tell it to look first for folder.jpg, movie_title.jpg, then if it cannot find any, just pick the first jpg file, etc. Isn't this the convention for most of the other software that do this?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
This is a new trick to me (I'm sure its documented somewhere, but obviously I missed it). Thanks for pointing it out.
Or install the metadata plugin and it takes care of all the show info and art work, at least for shows and movies. If its for other videos, then use the filename.jpg trick.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Followup

Just to close out this thread...the .jpg naming convention works like a champ.

And I submitted the buggy ISO handling to Sage (it turned out that things have improved since I last tried ISO's from Extender Mode: only SkipFWD button had problems). Well, today they emailed me their diagnosis and said it should be fixed in the next Sage7 beta release later today!

Great work Sage. And thanks to those who responded above.