SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Sage Expert

Gray background instead of transparency?

Hi Everyone,

Just upgraded to version 7 for the first time, and I seem to be having an issue. I have the "Video Menu Options" set to "Background", but instead of the menus being slightly transparent on top of the video, the background is solid gray. The menus are still visible (and usable), but with a big block of gray behind them when the video should be. The OSD when playing a video IS transparent though, as it should be.

I"m using the HD100 as my playback device. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

-Peter
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

My extenders behave the same way. It would be great if all the menu backgrounds were transparent.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just upgraded to version 7 for the first time, and I seem to be having an issue. I have the "Video Menu Options" set to "Background", but instead of the menus being slightly transparent on top of the video, the background is solid gray. The menus are still visible (and usable), but with a big block of gray behind them when the video should be. The OSD when playing a video IS transparent though, as it should be.

I"m using the HD100 as my playback device. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

-Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
My extenders behave the same way. It would be great if all the menu backgrounds were transparent.

Yep, same here, running 7.0.9 through a hd100.

would love to get rid of the gray block - only comes up when a video is playing in the background.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Expert

I just finished setting up my new server, and went for a completely fresh install of Sage (only keeping my wiz.bin). The gray background is gone now. I'm guessing there is some old lingering setting in the sage.properties causing this.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I just finished setting up my new server, and went for a completely fresh install of Sage (only keeping my wiz.bin). The gray background is gone now. I'm guessing there is some old lingering setting in the sage.properties causing this.
hmm i also did a fresh install (nuked sage, not the os) and am still seeing the gray b/g through the extender (hd100)...
Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
hmm i also did a fresh install (nuked sage, not the os) and am still seeing the gray b/g through the extender (hd100)...
I get the same on my HD100.

If there's no video playing, the background is transparent, but if a video is playing, the very top and bottom of the screen show the video background fine, but its grey behind the guide and show details.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I see the same on my HD100 and HD200...

I guess someone should get round to raising a support request...