SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

BMT 4.x on SageTV v7

Hey there. I have made the leap up to the new everything but I am having issues...

Principally, I have BMT installed and the web interface and Jetty and all that is working but... Very little art is downloading at all.

Now for some clarification, I have a large library and when I was on Sage6 and BMT, I never had issues getting all of the art downloaded. BMT is downloading all of the metadata for any of the files in the library that it should be so that is not a problem at all.

Any help would be wonderful as this is the only real issue that I am having in the transition.

Thanks,
Jason.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp View Post
Hey there. I have made the leap up to the new everything but I am having issues...

Principally, I have BMT installed and the web interface and Jetty and all that is working but... Very little art is downloading at all.

Now for some clarification, I have a large library and when I was on Sage6 and BMT, I never had issues getting all of the art downloaded. BMT is downloading all of the metadata for any of the files in the library that it should be so that is not a problem at all.

Any help would be wonderful as this is the only real issue that I am having in the transition.

Thanks,
Jason.
The 4.x release on Sage7 is the same as the 4.x release on Sage6 but the Sage7 version is packaged as a plugin.

I'm wondering, if perhaps, your fanart directory is not set correctly, and if so, maybe the fanart is being downloaded to another location, or are some shows/movies working but not others. Either way, I need a little more concrete in... ie, fails for Show XYZ but works for Show ABC. Which providers are you using as well?

Thx.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Everything is set to the default settings from installation and I am seeing movies and TV folders in the default fanart folder under "STVs\Phoenix\fanart".

I only have 3 movies listed and 4 TV shows. I have a huge amount more so this is definitely missing some.

Now I missed something in my original post... Do I also need to install Phoenix Fanart so that it displays cause it is not displaying the fanart either...

Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Everything is set to the default settings from installation and I am seeing movies and TV folders in the default fanart folder under "STVs\Phoenix\fanart".

I only have 3 movies listed and 4 TV shows. I have a huge amount more so this is definitely missing some.

Now I missed something in my original post... Do I also need to install Phoenix Fanart so that it displays cause it is not displaying the fanart either...

Thanks again.
There's no fanart support built into Sage7 (or Sage6). So, you'll need another plugin to display the fanart. There's a sticky thread in the this forum where I list the known Fanart/Metadata plugins for Sage 7
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. Got that but what about the issue with non-downloading of fanart?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I ran into the issue of very little fanart downloading as well. I was just getting one poster for all my DVD's. I removed all providers except themoviedb.org and got much better results. It seemed like the only fanart downloading was coming from IMDB and it was supplying only posters.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK. Got that but what about the issue with non-downloading of fanart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I ran into the issue of very little fanart downloading as well. I was just getting one poster for all my DVD's. I removed all providers except themoviedb.org and got much better results. It seemed like the only fanart downloading was coming from IMDB and it was supplying only posters.
If something like imdb is set as the first provider, then you will not get fanart, if a match is found using imdb. For fanart, you'l probably want to set your providers to themoviedb.org then imdb.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

new data not being saved

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

Fresh install of v7 - and added BMT plugins. When I go to the web interface, and look for videos that I imported (ie The Hangover), I use IMDB to find metadata. It pulls in the data (ie, movie description), and then I go to save it. But when I save it (no matter if say overwrite or update metadata), and go look at the listing in Sage, the metadata is not saved. When I pull it up again in the BMT web interface, it is also missing.

I am pretty new to the BMT stuff, so I may be missing a simple item. Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

Fresh install of v7 - and added BMT plugins. When I go to the web interface, and look for videos that I imported (ie The Hangover), I use IMDB to find metadata. It pulls in the data (ie, movie description), and then I go to save it. But when I save it (no matter if say overwrite or update metadata), and go look at the listing in Sage, the metadata is not saved. When I pull it up again in the BMT web interface, it is also missing.

I am pretty new to the BMT stuff, so I may be missing a simple item. Thanks
No... that's basically how it works... except it should save. You can try creating a support zip file (tools -> create support request) and then email it to metadatatools at gmail dot com.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, thanks. I will send out a support request later tonight.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If something like imdb is set as the first provider, then you will not get fanart, if a match is found using imdb. For fanart, you'l probably want to set your providers to themoviedb.org then imdb.
OK. The settings in BMT are set like this for the last 24 hours and there has been almost no change...

Quote:
Movie Metadata Provider(s)

themoviedb.org,imdb-2,imdb.xml

Should I reduce this to just themoviedb.org?