SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage User

SageTV install location drive failed

So I had sagetv installed on my dedicated server on d:\sagetv
This drive failed but has no media on it. Solely the sagetv installation. I replaced the failed drive and had a backup of the drive. Not all that recent but whatever.
So, I've had to add some favorites that weren't added since the last backup. But, not all the files that are in the recorded location (E:\Recorded) show up in when I go to 'SageTV recordings'
In other words, the files are there but Sage is telling me otherwise. I can browse and view them manually but this will cause confusion amongst the other other members of the family. I know you can refresh imported media, is there a way to 'refresh' recorded shows.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 AM
SageTVaholic

The recording database (Wiz.bin) is stored in the SageTV installation folder. If you lose that, your recordings will show up as imported videos. That's why it's important to make frequent backups of your Sage installation.

Without a recent backup, you'll need to use a third-party metadata tool to download airing information for those recordings and get them back into the Recordings list.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Sage User

I guess I should schedule backups of wiz.bin
Is the wiz.bin file propietary format? You mentioned a 3rd party tools, are they to be found on this forum?