SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Grouping DVDs based on Metadata

I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I do not normally use the default interface on SageTV. I always used SageMC, Since version v7 of SageTV i really enjoy the interface, but was wondering if there was a way to create groups based on the metadata that is stored about the movies. With hundreds of dvds online it makes it hard when you have to scroll trough the entire list.

Thank you,
Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

One thing I've done is when I go into Vidoes I go to "Options" and then go to "Search". In there I set to parameters to Video and Description and then type in a genre like comedy. Seems to work out better than nothing.

I guess you could go "Search" from the main menu>Videos>descriptions as well.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I was using MS Media center I used to group my dvds into different folders. No I know I can do that in SageTV also, but that seems to be so backwards. Nice to be able to dump a ripped dvd onto the server and not worry about what genre it belongs to.
Thanks to any one who has indeas or ways to group dvds into groups with v7 of sagetv.