SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I entered a trouble ticket and they have my logs. The response I got was that I needed to remove all plug-ins and then see if that fixed the problem.

Unfortunately that's just not an option for me so I flashed back to the old firmware.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Sage User

I had the Sage.PlaybackException problem yesterday on my HD200. I'm using the latest non-beta firmware & Sage 6.6 on WHS. Whether it was co-incidence or not I don't know, but the problem appeared after the server had installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524).

I uninstalled the update but the problem still existed. I did the "pull the power out & count to 10" trick & it recovered.

You need to be very careful about installing plugins on the HD200. When I first got mine I wanted to use the SageMC UI. The latest version completely hosed the HD200. Fortunately, I found a post from Opus4 that pointed me to a properties file for the HD200, stored on the server which I could edit. I have got the SageMC UI working now but with an earlier version.

I am steering well clear of V7 beta until it is released as a stable version, particularly where the HD200 is concerned, attractive though the features certainly are.

SageTV is "mission critical" & there is too much flack from "she who must be obeyed" if it goes t**s up.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

The problem described in this thread isn't solved by power cycling the HD-200.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefb View Post
I am steering well clear of V7 beta until it is released as a stable version, particularly where the HD200 is concerned, attractive though the features certainly are.
I've never had the problems some of you are having, but I did have a problem with the HD200 shutting down and not rebooting until pulling the power from it after one of the firmware updates. When the v7 beta was released these problems stopped. I always run the latest beta firmware and software and rarely ever have any issues. Just saying sometimes these betas include fixes for existing problems and can be more stable than the older release versions for some people.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I submitted a bug report and have traded e-mails with support a couple of times. I have been unable to get an error log so far of the Playback Exception since my wife reboots the HD200 a couple of times and gets it working again briefly and of course it does not do it when I come home from work. Support has not seen the issue during their testing, but they would like to see logs of the server and HD200 if I can get some. It is happening pretty often (daily) now during the middle of the day and I think I am going to turn logging on and see if I can get it to reproduce the Playback Exception before the logs get too big. I would highly recommend turning in a bug report since it looks like it is attributed to the new firmware and they have not see the problem yet so they can not fix it if we do not get them the data.
I think they have plenty of data on the bug; they just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I gather they plan to make the fix as part of their next beta firmware release.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
The problem described in this thread isn't solved by power cycling the HD-200.
It's generally solved by power cycling while disconnected from the network, after which you can reconnect to the network and it'll run OK until you exit from the server. Sometimes you can rejoin the server without going through the rigmarole, and sometimes not. But it at least seem stable until you exit (and standby is OK).
Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
they have not see the problem yet
Just passing on what they told me. They mentioned that they had not seen it in testing nor had anyone turned in another bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I think they have plenty of data on the bug; they just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I gather they plan to make the fix as part of their next beta firmware release.
Did they state it was a bug and they are working on a fix?

I was able to finally get them logs a couple of days ago, but have not heard back yet. It seems to happen with regularity with a server restart, between then I have not found a culprit.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage User

I have exactly the same bug on all three of my HD200 after upgrading the SageTV server to 7.0.11 and upgrading the firmware in the extenders to the latest beta version. I have to unplug power and network. Power on the extender, then plug the network in and refresh to find/connect to server.

Last edited by wayne5w; 07-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just happened to me too, not running V7

I'm still running V6 sage, and this happened to me also with the latest (non beta) firmware on an HD200. My HD100 was still working fine, made no changes to my V6 software in ages. I did do a reboot of the server an hour before I noticed the problem on the HD200. Tried cycling the HD200, rebooting the router but didn't think to unplug the ethernet cable.

I got it working by updating to the latest (beta) firmware on the HD200, that seems to be the key 'fix' here (a reload of any version of the firmware).

Thought I'd post it here in case it helps Sage with figuring this out.

Larry
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
I'm still running V6 sage, and this happened to me also with the latest (non beta) firmware on an HD200. My HD100 was still working fine, made no changes to my V6 software in ages. I did do a reboot of the server an hour before I noticed the problem on the HD200. Tried cycling the HD200, rebooting the router but didn't think to unplug the ethernet cable.

I got it working by updating to the latest (beta) firmware on the HD200, that seems to be the key 'fix' here (a reload of any version of the firmware).

Thought I'd post it here in case it helps Sage with figuring this out.

Larry
No, I'm anxiously awaiting the Sage team to address the issue in their next beta firmware update. But I've tried stepping back to the last non-beta firmware, and then updating to the latest firmware again. Keeps happening every time I quite without unplugging and disconnecting from the network. There's some kind of bug that needs fixing. I go through this rigmarole about every day. At least there's a workaround.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne5w View Post
I have exactly the same bug on all three of my HD200 after upgrading the SageTV server to 7.0.11 and upgrading the firmware in the extenders to the latest beta version. I have to unplug power and network. Power on the extender, then plug the network in and refresh to find/connect to server.
The bug continues. Had the same issue after upgrading to 7.0.15 and upgrading to the latest firmware. Unplugging power and network appear to resolve. Running windows 7.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Agreed this problem is still not solved. I could not play any videos or watch Live TV this morning. Unplugging the extender and plugging it back in did not fix the problem. Restarting the server did not fix the problem nor did any combination of those two. I had to power cycle AND disconnect the network adapter from the extender to get things working again.

I'm running the latest beta firmware and my server is on the latest beta V7.015.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Anyone made any progress on this? Was running on Beta 7.0.12 for a while and was only seeing this on 1 of my 2 boxes, and it was only happening once every few weeks. I upgraded the server to 7.0.16 today and updated the FWs to the latest version (I think it was 20100830-something) and the one that had an occassional issue now has locked up 3 times today alone!!! This is definately not a good prize. Submitted a bug ticket just in case.