SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Sage Expert

Jetty and BMT

I never set up Jetty or BMT in V6 but I have it going in V7 and have a couple of questions.

1. It accesses REALLY slow across my network. Accesses on the HTPC where it is installed are relatively snappy but it seems to really bog down when I access across the network. It's a gigabit connection so there is definitely not a throughput issue and there is no SSL just a vanilla install of Jetty and BMT.

2. Some aspects seem to render better in Firefox than IE and others make FF un-usable. Is this a known issue or am I just having weirdness? Most of it is just aesthetics, but attempting to manually update the fan art (BMT insisted my V transcodes were from 1983) I can't get to all the controls when using Firefox. See the comparison in the attached file. If I make the IE window wider, I can access all the buttons but changing the FF window size doesn't make a difference.

I'm more concerned about the speed across the network than the renderings in IE vs FF. I can use IE to make changes, it's not the END of the world, just close I just want to know if it is just me having funkiness or if this is the way it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF vs IE.jpg (220.1 KB, 323 views)
Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
I never set up Jetty or BMT in V6 but I have it going in V7 and have a couple of questions.

1. It accesses REALLY slow across my network. Accesses on the HTPC where it is installed are relatively snappy but it seems to really bog down when I access across the network. It's a gigabit connection so there is definitely not a throughput issue and there is no SSL just a vanilla install of Jetty and BMT.

2. Some aspects seem to render better in Firefox than IE and others make FF un-usable. Is this a known issue or am I just having weirdness? Most of it is just aesthetics, but attempting to manually update the fan art (BMT insisted my V transcodes were from 1983) I can't get to all the controls when using Firefox. See the comparison in the attached file. If I make the IE window wider, I can access all the buttons but changing the FF window size doesn't make a difference.

I'm more concerned about the speed across the network than the renderings in IE vs FF. I can use IE to make changes, it's not the END of the world, just close I just want to know if it is just me having funkiness or if this is the way it is.
1. I have seen times where the bmt web ui will take a long time to load, especially for views that contain a large number of items. I'm curently working on an incrementatal load for larger views, but that's not ready yet. But for small views, ie, approx 50 items, it should load pretty quick.

2. I've also recently started noticing this myself. (I use firefox). I have no idea what caused it, but I had to remove all formatting from the dialog in order to get it to size corrently. In the next build the dialog will be uglier... but usable
Old 06-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Sage Expert

lols OK.

As long as I'm not the only one that it's happening too and you are aware I guess the universe will be ok