SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jetty? Simple Question

How do I install that? I see this item: Jetty Starter 1.6

I would like to try out the beta of Batch Metadata Importer ... but step 1 is install Jetty.

-And I don't want to screw it up
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

There's a wiki link in the first post of that thread. I just updated it to say the wiki includes installation instructions rather than just "more information."
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fantastic - So I do install the jetty starter and then the batch metadata tool.

Seems to me I had one of nielms plugins in the past that needed Jetty as well.

Thanks for the quick reply
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
Fantastic - So I do install the jetty starter and then the batch metadata tool.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
Seems to me I had one of nielms plugins in the past that needed Jetty as well.
Slugger, stuckless, and I created a new build last fall for Nielm's web server that will run on Jetty. That way you can run other web apps such as BMT and only have one web server listening for connections. The wiki has a list of some other apps that run on Jetty.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I've installed both the jetty and the BMT ... when I go to the BMT web address I get this:

404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.24 $

if I stop the sage service I get nothing ... So sage is running a webserver on port 8080.

my sage.properties file has the following line:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer ; sagex.jetty.starter.Main
I do not use sageMC ... not sure what other webserver I may have going?? or is that not the problem.

Again thanks for any guidance on this.

Quick notes: I am running the following that MAY have a web server?
evil penquins hulu / playon plugin

and plugin for streaming web TV / Web Radio webfeed encoder

I'll update with proper links/ names to those two

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 04-06-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

the other two items are:

Plugin: PlayOn in Online Services (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon VOD, etc.)

and

Arrow Utility: Web Radio and TV Encoder

I've got some other STVs - comskip, IMDB search, etc - but I doubt they would be meddling with this.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

You're running the original build of Nielm's web interface that is bundled with another web server called Tiny Java Web Server (TJWS) in addition to running Jetty. See the wiki page for migrating from TJWS to Jetty. It has instructions for what you need to clean up and how to preserve settings when doing the migration.
, Java 1.6.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong but I still can't get this to work. it appears that i *do* have something else running on port 8080- not sage related, and I have no clue what it is because it just briefly brings up a page that say "there is nothing to see here, move along".

So I edited the jetty files to run on port 8500, but I get nothing. How do I test that Jetty is running? wouldn't I just go http://localhost:8500 and get a page that says something about jetty?

Any... *any* Ideas? I can tell you that as far as the original webserver (the old nielm one) I don't need to 'migrate' anything, it can be blown away. Thanks so much for all your help so far!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure you remove the value 'net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer' from the load_at_startup_runnable_classes line in Sage.properties and that Sage is not running when you do that.

Try the URL http://localhost:8500/sage/Home
, Java 1.6.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still struggling -

Is the plugin just a "starter"? meaning do I need to download Jetty separately as I have not done that.

Also is there a way to test that Jetty is running? without adding BMT or another plug in? Nothing shows up in the logs (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty)

at this point I am certain the old webserver is no longer running, and am able to configure jetty for 8080 or 8500 ... but it doesn't seem to work.

And I certainly should add how grateful I am to the talented bunch here!

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 04-15-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

First the URL is case sensitive so be careful there.
Mine is: "http://kerrmain:8080/bmt/#status" localhost from the server itself
You will get a prompt for user\pass which is sage\frey once you have it working.

If it is not running you will get something like "Unable to connect" or "Server not found"
If it is running the message will be like this when I use capital letters in the url for BMT

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /BMT. Reason:

NOT_FOUND