SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow Plugin: InfoPopup / CallerID for SageTV 7.0

Support & Comments Thread for SageTV InfoPopup V7

This plugin will enable your SageTV system to receive and display caller ID messages on screen (using the Y.A.C. caller ID software).
Yes, this works for the HD Extenders!

This plugin is for SageTV v7.0 and is available in the list of "Available Plugins" in the Plugin Manager.
If you are looking for this plugin for SageTV v6.x, please follow this link: Download SageInfoPopup: Caller ID and Message Popups for SageTV v6.x

This plug-in supports custom images for callers by name and number:

This plug-in also supports a simple message protocol that can enable other programmatic messaging for custom implementations if you need to display messages in the SageTV GUI.

More Information is located on the DOWNLOADS page
Attached Images
File Type: png infopopup-1.png (249.6 KB, 5888 views)
File Type: png infopopup-2.png (252.9 KB, 5622 views)
File Type: png infopopup-3.png (374.0 KB, 5331 views)
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 07-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

InfoPopup Configuration

The new version 7 plugin takes advantage of the new Plugin Manager in SageTV V7 and offers customizing the plug-in configuration options directly in the user interface:

Attached Images
File Type: png infopopup-config-1.png (57.0 KB, 3543 views)
File Type: png infopopup-config-2.png (44.1 KB, 3439 views)
File Type: png infopopup-config-3.png (44.6 KB, 3453 views)
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is excellent! Thanks so much for making this available. I've got ANOTHER project now. LOL! I've been wanting to get this on V6 for it seems like forever and never found the time but now with it as a plugin, I'm going to give it a shot. THANKS!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Thanks SO MUCH for porting this to V7 as a plugin.

It's working perfectly on all of my extenders.

However, I can't get it to display the popup on my local server instance of Sage. It may be unusual, but I watch Sage on the server machine in our livingroom (but on extenders elsewhere in the house) by running SageTV.exe (not the Sage client).

I'm running a YAC server on a different machine than the Sage server, and it's obviously getting the messages to my Sage server machine. Again, all extenders are receiving the relay from the server plugin. Just no popup while watching Sage on the server machine (SageTV.exe).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Wow. Took me 3 minutes to make it work (would have been shorter but had to find the phone to call myself).
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

I'm don't have a "Configuration" option. I've installed it via the extenders GUI. Then I rebooted the extender and went back into "Sage Plugins - Installed Plugins." I see that it is installed, but when I click on the plugin, it just gives me options to "View Plugin Details, View Screen Shots, Disable Plugin, and Uninstall Plugin"

I'm running 7.0.11. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

You need to go under General (if I remember correctly) under plugins and then you will see the options.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

The plugin isn't listed under "General" - it is listed under "UI Mod" which is where I went to try and configure it.

I guess I should mention two things - I did have the old version installed (I even attempted to load it up in V7 - but I'm not sure if it ever worked under V7). Also, it seems to be working, so I am not that concerned about configuring it. But I thought I should mention it.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having no luck as well. I tried installing it from the extender first, no luck, then went and installed it on the server (opened the UI and installed), and it behaved differently (asked to restart Sage, this did not happen on the extender). Still no luck on the extender. Tried to uninstall it on the extender and it wouldn't let me...

Is it possible that my manual installation of it (the v6 version that I tried installing a couple of weeks ago, and which had stopped working) could have put in some files that are causing problems?

If nothing else, is it possible that the instructions should be to install on the server only (or first)?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Sage Expert

Very impressive, I'm tempted to get caller ID service just for this.

Any chance someone could recommend a USB modem with caller ID that works with Windows 7 64bit and YAC?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post

Any chance someone could recommend a USB modem with caller ID that works with Windows 7 64bit and YAC?
I'm using this US Robotics USB 56K modem on Windows 7 x64 to capture caller ID in YAC successfully:
http://www.usr.com/support/product-t....asp?prod=5637

Note, I did have to install the latest driver from the website, caller ID was not working at least with the default driver that was installed by Win 7.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledig View Post
Thanks SO MUCH for porting this to V7 as a plugin.

It's working perfectly on all of my extenders.

However, I can't get it to display the popup on my local server instance of Sage. It may be unusual, but I watch Sage on the server machine in our livingroom (but on extenders elsewhere in the house) by running SageTV.exe (not the Sage client).

I'm running a YAC server on a different machine than the Sage server, and it's obviously getting the messages to my Sage server machine. Again, all extenders are receiving the relay from the server plugin. Just no popup while watching Sage on the server machine (SageTV.exe).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Known problem! I guess I should have documented that one. :-)
I need to consult with the more knowledgeable SageTV plugin developers to find a decent work around for this problem. The underlying issue is that the plugin sends the caller ID messages to each UIContext listed on the SageTV server. Unfortunately the SageTV client running on the SaveTV server does not show up in this list and it is running in a separate process. This was an issue in version 6 as well, but through the manual installation steps you could setup a second instance of the plugin listening on a different port for the server SageTV instance. I would like to find a more elegant solution, so I need to consult the gurus.

Stay tuned for more ...

Thanks, SB
Old 07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I'm don't have a "Configuration" option. I've installed it via the extenders GUI. Then I rebooted the extender and went back into "Sage Plugins - Installed Plugins." I see that it is installed, but when I click on the plugin, it just gives me options to "View Plugin Details, View Screen Shots, Disable Plugin, and Uninstall Plugin"

I'm running 7.0.11. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
The plugin consists of two parts. The one you installed listed under "UI Mod" is the STVI, the user interface part of the plugin. There is another part listed under "General" that is the primary messaging listening server. In fact, the one listed under general is the only one you have to install. The STVi is a dependency that will get installed automatically.

Here's a screenshot of the one you need:

Attached Images
File Type: png infopopup-install-1.png (351.5 KB, 4307 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I'm having no luck as well. I tried installing it from the extender first, no luck, then went and installed it on the server (opened the UI and installed), and it behaved differently (asked to restart Sage, this did not happen on the extender). Still no luck on the extender. Tried to uninstall it on the extender and it wouldn't let me...

Is it possible that my manual installation of it (the v6 version that I tried installing a couple of weeks ago, and which had stopped working) could have put in some files that are causing problems?

If nothing else, is it possible that the instructions should be to install on the server only (or first)?
Make sure you are installing the "InfoPopup" plugin listed under the "General" category. The previous version could be affecting it in some way, try removing all the files from the previous version and then start again. I did not test it out trying to install from an extender, will have to try that and see what happens. I installed mine from the server and then did not have to install anything further on the extenders, I did have to restart the extenders to reload their UIs.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
The plugin isn't listed under "General" - it is listed under "UI Mod" which is where I went to try and configure it.

I guess I should mention two things - I did have the old version installed (I even attempted to load it up in V7 - but I'm not sure if it ever worked under V7). Also, it seems to be working, so I am not that concerned about configuring it. But I thought I should mention it.
There should be an "InfoPopup" plugin listed under "General". If not, there must be something conflicting??? You may have to try removing the older version files first.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I bought a pci rosewill Rnx-56AG. Had to install their driver (Win7 default driver didn't work).

Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

From message #168 of this thread:
Here are some modems and modified drivers which can be found on ebay very cheap. http://www.phonetray.com/ptfree_faq....PhoneTray_Free
They work with Vista and Windows 7 X64 too.
I have the HIRO model# H50006 PCI version and windows 7 x64 which doesnt have a modified driver listed but the vista x64 driver does work in windows 7.
Just trying to save some people the hours I spent searching for a modem that would work for Caller ID in windows 7.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
I need to consult with the more knowledgeable SageTV plugin developers to find a decent work around for this problem. The underlying issue is that the plugin sends the caller ID messages to each UIContext listed on the SageTV server. Unfortunately the SageTV client running on the SaveTV server does not show up in this list and it is running in a separate process. This was an issue in version 6 as well, but through the manual installation steps you could setup a second instance of the plugin listening on a different port for the server SageTV instance. I would like to find a more elegant solution, so I need to consult the gurus.

Stay tuned for more ...

Thanks, SB
Staying tuned! Hope you can get this part sorted soon. Great job!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Sage User

not working for me

I had the previous version working before. Uninstalled; nremoved startup and other lines from sageclient.properties. Installed new version and nothing. I checked for listening port not there...it is configured as default. I don't know if this gets edited like before but I I looked for a new load_at_startup_runnable_classes nothing was added.

Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post

Stay tuned for more ...

Thanks, SB
I think Sage7 added some api's for communicating with Client's (which I believe the local UI counts as when running the server in service mode). From the 7.0.10 patch notes:

1. Added support for using SageTVClient context names to execute API calls on a SageTVClient from the SageTV server. The sage.SageTV.apiUI() call is used to do this; and the context names can be retrieved using the API call GetConnectedClients().

Should be able to be used to get your updates to the full clients, while still using the UIContext calls for extenders.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac