SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Ctrl-Shift-S - which is totally obvious isn't it ;-)

Keep a link to Brent's Keyboard shortcuts handy: http://www.box.net/shared/qf40mrnkaq
Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11 View Post
Gerry, I often use the host computer to configure SageTV rather than the HD300. What do I use for the "pause" button when I'm typing on a standard 104 key PC keyboard?
CTRL-S.

You can look in Detailed Settings-Commands-Link Infrared Keystroke to SageTV Command and see all the keyboard and remote mappings on that machine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Is modified yac.exe for different ports x64 compatible

I saw a 64 bit version of yac on the sunflower website. I am using the modified version of the yac to allow port modification on my 32 bit os running sagetv. Will this modified version work on a 64 bit os. I was going to move to a 64 bit windows 7.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just an FYI for those looking for a modem. The Caller ID on the HIRO USB 56K Faxmodem #50113 works great with YAC and Windows 7 64 bit, but you'll need to download the latest updated drivers from the HIRO web site. It did not work with the drivers on the original CD that came with the modem. Just picked one up for $21 off Amazon.

Bobby
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Just an FYI for those looking for a modem. The Caller ID on the HIRO USB 56K Faxmodem #50113 works great with YAC and Windows 7 64 bit, but you'll need to download the latest updated drivers from the HIRO web site. It did not work with the drivers on the original CD that came with the modem. Just picked one up for $21 off Amazon.

Bobby
For some reason I couldn't get the HIRO to work, even with the updated drivers from the web. I wonder if they are using various chips in random devices...

Anyway, went with the more expensive ZOOM, and worked just dandy...lesson being, make sure you can return whatever you buy
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
For some reason I couldn't get the HIRO to work, even with the updated drivers from the web. I wonder if they are using various chips in random devices...

Anyway, went with the more expensive ZOOM, and worked just dandy...lesson being, make sure you can return whatever you buy

Thanks for that info. Sure would hate to have folks buy it and it fails for them. I wonder why it works for me?? I'm using YAC 32 bit presently with Windows 7 64 bit. Maybe the 32 bit version makes the difference. Next weekend I'm going to try YAC 64 bit and see if it still works.

Thanks Again!

Bobby
Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have caller ID setup on my sage server and extenders, but not my client pc. What is required to do that, and since I only occasionally run Sage on that PC can I have caller ID work both inside sage and on the PC without Sage running? Running Sage 7.1.9 and the ShadeBlue plugin.

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't currently have this installed but the Sage Caller ID works off of something called YAC that is a standalone app. It will then create a popup whenever you get a phone call. So if you don't run Sage all the time then this is the way to go.

YAC will create a popup that looks like this:

You can download YAC here: http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

FYI - I have had problems getting YAC configured in the past since your phone provider may send non-standard messages for Caller ID. You can fix this by playing with the config file but it may talk a while to get it working correctly. The other issue is that you need a modem - they used to be pretty standard but who uses a modem these days?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

My question was basically can you run YAC and the sage plugin on the same computer, and if so how do you do it?

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
My question was basically can you run YAC and the sage plugin on the same computer, and if so how do you do it?
Yes you can. However, you will have to run them on separate listener ports. You can configure a custom listener port in the plugin. You will also have to configure the YAC sender to send messages to the two separate listener ports.

If you do have both installed on a single computer, I would guess that you may get the popup from the YAC software displayed in front of the SageTV window.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have been unable to get my windows 7 64 bit client computer to work with YAC as a listener even outside of Sage. It is much more important that I get YAC working outside of Sage than within, since I do not often use this computer for Sage. I have YAC running on my Sage server, and all my extenders work well displaying Caller ID. Can someone post how you get a Win 7 64 bit client to work as a YAC listener outside of Sage? I can work on the Sage part later.
Thanks!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have been unable to get my windows 7 64 bit client computer to work with YAC as a listener even outside of Sage. It is much more important that I get YAC working outside of Sage than within, since I do not often use this computer for Sage. I have YAC running on my Sage server, and all my extenders work well displaying Caller ID. Can someone post how you get a Win 7 64 bit client to work as a YAC listener outside of Sage? I can work on the Sage part later.
Thanks!
In the past, I just installed it on Win7 x64 and it worked fine running in listener mode. No special setup was required for me. Where is it failing? Is the YAC program resulting in an error of is it running fine, but you just never get the caller ID notification?
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
In the past, I just installed it on Win7 x64 and it worked fine running in listener mode. No special setup was required for me. Where is it failing? Is the YAC program resulting in an error of is it running fine, but you just never get the caller ID notification?
The YAC 32 bit (or XP) version had a listener and a server, and you could load just the listener if you wanted to. The 64 bit version seems to only have one version which is both listener and server I guess.

Here is what I did:
I added the IP address of my client to the listeners on my sage server that is running YAC. I then loaded the 64 bit version of YAC on the client. Nothing happens however when a call is placed. No caller ID popups up on the client. If there is a way to have the 64 bit version to run as a listener only, I don't see it.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
If there is a way to have the 64 bit version to run as a listener only, I don't see it.
Create a shortcut to the yac.exe program and then append the "listen" command line argument. This will force the program into the listener mode.

On my Win 7 x64 system the shortcut link looks like this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\YAC\yac.exe" listen
Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Create a shortcut to the yac.exe program and then append the "listen" command line argument. This will force the program into the listener mode.

On my Win 7 x64 system the shortcut link looks like this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\YAC\yac.exe" listen
Thanks! I was able to get my client to run as a listener. I had some trouble getting it to boot up that way, but I was able to fix that.
I still cannot get caller Id on the client however. I think I have found the problem, but don't know how to fix it. The problem is that my server that runs the YAC program in server mode will not let me add the client IP address to the list of listeners. When I add the client IP and say ok to close the program and go back in the IP address is not there anymore. I tried using the Hostname but it was the same story it is not there when you get back into the list of listeners. The caller ID is still working fine in sage. The ip address for sage (127.0.0.1) is in the list of listeners on the YAC server. When I did my sage install and got shadeblue infopopup working it allowed me to put in that address in and it remembers it, but I can't seem to add a new listener today.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks! I was able to get my client to run as a listener. I had some trouble getting it to boot up that way, but I was able to fix that.
I still cannot get caller Id on the client however. I think I have found the problem, but don't know how to fix it. The problem is that my server that runs the YAC program in server mode will not let me add the client IP address to the list of listeners. When I add the client IP and say ok to close the program and go back in the IP address is not there anymore. I tried using the Hostname but it was the same story it is not there when you get back into the list of listeners. The caller ID is still working fine in sage. The ip address for sage (127.0.0.1) is in the list of listeners on the YAC server. When I did my sage install and got shadeblue infopopup working it allowed me to put in that address in and it remembers it, but I can't seem to add a new listener today.

That sounds like some sort of permissions issue where YAC is not able to write it settings (either to the file system or to the Windows registry, not sure where it stores them).

I have never encountered that problem, but I am using Neim's custom version of YAC that supports multiple ports. (download: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...7&d=1264393914)
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had the same issue. I cannot remember which worked, but I think I had to give YAC admin privileges in order to save new numbers, and/or I started windows wordpad as administrator and edited the .ini file YAC uses manually. This was on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Hope that helps,

Bobby
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
I had the same issue. I cannot remember which worked, but I think I had to give YAC admin privileges in order to save new numbers, and/or I started windows wordpad as administrator and edited the .ini file YAC uses manually. This was on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Hope that helps,

Bobby
If that INI file is stored directly in the Program Files directory, then that is probably the issue. Starting with Windows Vista and also in Win7, Server 2008, and Win8, MS does not want programs writing config data into the program files folder. Newer programs should write to an applications safe data directory. For these legacy apps, you have to run as an admin to be able to write an files into the Program Files directory.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

How do I make YAC run with every bootup as administrator?

Where is the .ini file that I should edit and what should I add to it?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
How do I make YAC run with every bootup as administrator?

Where is the .ini file that I should edit and what should I add to it?
C:\Program Files\YAC\yac.ini

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac