SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just wanted to give a quick thank you for keeping this going. I have family that still has a land line, so I was able to get this running last weekend with this modem;

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Phone.../dp/B004BU8O9Y

I didn't have a phone line running to the SageTV server, so I installed this on a computer closer to the phone, and the SageTV server is a listener. Had a little head scratching on the setup, but it works great.

Of course, once this was set up and working, the family's reaction was ... how do we get the incoming calls from our cellphone to show?!?!

You are welcome!
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 05-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Sorry this has taken me so long to get fixed. Work .. Life .. Travel .. You Know :-)

Please try the newly posted v7.0.3 which should be updated in the plugin repository soon. This update seems to fix the install issue ... at least it did on my old (Windows XP) SageTV system.

Thanks, Robert
You the man! Works great. Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Modem

I'm nearing the point where I need to upgrade my server to Win 10. I had an extra system drive so did a Win 10 install with Sage and then copied over my Sage directory to do testing.

Everything worked great, however the modem is not producing any caller id information when calls come in.

I remember when I set this up oh so many years ago that I had to fool around with the modem's inf file in order to get it working properly. It was a common problem at the time that the INF's from the manufacturers had issues.

The modem is an older PCI card and I'm thinking maybe it's time to switch to a more current USB modem that can provide the same service for me in Win 10.

Anyone out there using InfoPopUp/CallerID that can recommend a working modem for either Win 7, or more pertinent, one that they know works in Win 10 properly?

Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I'm nearing the point where I need to upgrade my server to Win 10. I had an extra system drive so did a Win 10 install with Sage and then copied over my Sage directory to do testing.

Everything worked great, however the modem is not producing any caller id information when calls come in.

I remember when I set this up oh so many years ago that I had to fool around with the modem's inf file in order to get it working properly. It was a common problem at the time that the INF's from the manufacturers had issues.

The modem is an older PCI card and I'm thinking maybe it's time to switch to a more current USB modem that can provide the same service for me in Win 10.
Anyone out there using InfoPopUp/CallerID that can recommend a working modem for either Win 7, or more pertinent, one that they know works in Win 10 properly?

Tnx!
I have been using HiRO Model H50113 with windows 7 for several years now with no problems. When I changed from XP to 7 my old modem would no longer work so I bought this one, and it works well. I just looked on Amazon and they still sell this model for $24.99, and it says it will work with windows 10. I am glad to see this also because I will be changing my Sage server over to windows 10 as well in the near future.

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 07-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

I searched this thread and only one person ever asked about ooma (5 years ago!) and no one responded. I recently went with ooma voip myself. My plugin has stopped working via modem so I was hoping, rather than going through troubleshooting, that I could get it working straight through the network connection. Anyone know if this is possible?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did some research on collecting caller ID on VOIP & SIP systems a few years ago and it was somewhat complicated and I could not arrive at a solution that would work for all third-parties; especially providers that did not expressly use SIP.

However, maybe you could hack a solution together using Ooma's IFTTT channel.

https://ifttt.com/ooma

If you could receive the trigger from IFTTT when an Ooma call is detected, then perhaps you could mine out the Caller ID info an emulate a YAC message on your local network.

I'm not sure about the latency with the IFTTT Ooma channel .. some channels I have used seem immediate where other channel have tons of latency. That may just depend on the channel's implementation and backend logic. But I think it would be worth looking into as an alternative to collecting the caller ID via a local modem.

I would first setup the Ooma IFTTT channel to send you a SMS/App Notification you when you receive a call on your Ooma line and just see what the latency looks like. If the latency seems reasonable, then the next step would be to see how to receive the trigger and dispatch a YAC message on your local network. I'm sure there may be some other IFTTT channel we could cobble together a solution with.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 09-24-2016, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
I did some research on collecting caller ID on VOIP & SIP systems a few years ago and it was somewhat complicated and I could not arrive at a solution that would work for all third-parties; especially providers that did not expressly use SIP.

However, maybe you could hack a solution together using Ooma's IFTTT channel.

https://ifttt.com/ooma

If you could receive the trigger from IFTTT when an Ooma call is detected, then perhaps you could mine out the Caller ID info an emulate a YAC message on your local network.

I'm not sure about the latency with the IFTTT Ooma channel .. some channels I have used seem immediate where other channel have tons of latency. That may just depend on the channel's implementation and backend logic. But I think it would be worth looking into as an alternative to collecting the caller ID via a local modem.

I would first setup the Ooma IFTTT channel to send you a SMS/App Notification you when you receive a call on your Ooma line and just see what the latency looks like. If the latency seems reasonable, then the next step would be to see how to receive the trigger and dispatch a YAC message on your local network. I'm sure there may be some other IFTTT channel we could cobble together a solution with.
Ooma now has an IFTTT recipe to send caller id directly to XFinity. That presumably means they have opened up a way to send that info. Do you know anything about how to dig into that programming and see how they are doing it? Unfortunately I have zero programming knowledge.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix 3.0 (and by definition SageTV V9) and InfoPopup

Hey SB,

Don't suppose you'll be dabbling in Sage V9 / Phoenix 3.0 anytime soon?

I guess the plugin would have to be updated/changed to be compatible. No idea what would be involved in that. I seem to remember it worked, in an earlier incarnation, in SageMC...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=19

Tnx!
Steve

Old 10-31-2016, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I tested this with gemstone 2 and the ui seems to load in well if you do it manually but the plugin manifest has a dependency type STV that stated SageTV7 so it will not be compatible with P3 or later with G2.

I suggest this type of ui would work in any STV so perhaps you could simply remove the STV type dependency?

k
Old 11-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have pinged ShadeBlue through PM in case he's not getting thread alerts. Hopefully we'll hear from him in the not too distant future...

-Steve

Old 02-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just an update. I've tried reaching Shadeblue a few times since Nov but no luck. Normally he's pretty responsive. Maybe he's no longer using SageTV.... Don't know...

Old 04-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry for the delay ...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not really using SageTV much these days but I would like to find some time in the near future and build up a new SageTV server using the latest versions and kick the tires once again.

I'm not very familiar with Phoenix 3.0 or Gemstone or what is wrong with the plugin installer. jusjoken stated " ... plugin manifest has a dependency type STV that stated SageTV7 so it will not be compatible with P3 or later with G2"

I can update the manifest and re-deploy the plugin if someone can tell me what to change :-)

Thanks, SB.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:32 PM
SageTVaholic

In the manifest file there will be a dependency of type STV. Completely remove that dependency and resubmit the manifest as a new version.

Then it will work with any STV. i tried this myself and it worked well with Gemstone and P2.

k
Old 05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
In the manifest file there will be a dependency of type STV. Completely remove that dependency and resubmit the manifest as a new version.

Then it will work with any STV. i tried this myself and it worked well with Gemstone and P2.

k
Was this ever done? I'm going to upgrade to V9 soon and I was hoping this would work!

Jim
Old 05-18-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Was this ever done? I'm going to upgrade to V9 soon and I was hoping this would work!

Jim
No, but I plan to get it done this weekend or next week. Just need to find some free time to knock it out.

Thanks, SB
Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, SB!

Has anyone got a linux version of YAC to work? Or is there a better way now to generate the YAC messages?

I'm moving to a linux Sage server soon and will do away with my windos box where my CID modem resides. It will no longer be on 24/7 so I want to move the modem to the linux sage box.

Anyone using linux to generate the CID info?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Has anyone gotten this to work with VOIP phones? Specifically Vonage?
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 05-18-2017, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
Has anyone gotten this to work with VOIP phones? Specifically Vonage?
There used to be something called Vonage Sniff that you could hook into to get the CID but that died a few years ago.

You should be able to get the CID info as I have Vonage and it does send the ID to my phones, but you might have to play around with the config file. I haven't done this in years but I have had to play around with a config file in the Windows TAPI driver. The issues is often stupid stuff like leading spaces or spaces (or not) after the area code, etc. It isn't too hard to figure out once you figure out exactly what your modem is outputting as part of the called ID.

But I don't think I have a modem anymore and we don't get very many, or any, meaningful calls over our landline. I should probably just cancel it.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
But I don't think I have a modem anymore
I forgot that part, I don't have a modem anymore either. I wonder if there is another way to get it?
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
I forgot that part, I don't have a modem anymore either. I wonder if there is another way to get it?
You can probably pick up a very cheap PCIe modem these days...

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac