SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulaman View Post
I had the previous version working before. Uninstalled; nremoved startup and other lines from sageclient.properties. Installed new version and nothing. I checked for listening port not there...it is configured as default. I don't know if this gets edited like before but I I looked for a new load_at_startup_runnable_classes nothing was added.

Any ideas?
load_at_startup_runnable_classes is not used, SaveTV 7 has a new plugin interface that is used to manage the lifecycle of the plugin. I would suggest enabling debug on the sagetv server (in the sage.properties file) and then start it up and view the log file. If the plugin is not able to start for some reason, it should be listed there.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think Sage7 added some api's for communicating with Client's (which I believe the local UI counts as when running the server in service mode). From the 7.0.10 patch notes:

1. Added support for using SageTVClient context names to execute API calls on a SageTVClient from the SageTV server. The sage.SageTV.apiUI() call is used to do this; and the context names can be retrieved using the API call GetConnectedClients().

Should be able to be used to get your updates to the full clients, while still using the UIContext calls for extenders.
Awesome! A quick prelim test on this call and yes, in fact it does return a context name for the local server connected client.

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully this will be an easy add.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

I haven't tried any of this yet but have been reading how people have gotten this working in just a few minutes. Might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway

Does this plugin install the YAC program too or is that something that I need to install and get running prior to installing this plugin? I never used the V6 version of this so am not at all familiar with it. Are there some instructions for V7 I can read somewhere or would somebody who is familiar with this be kind enough to throw together a basic set of instructions for us who aren't familiar with it? Unless, of course, you simply install the plugin and configure the options and that's it... I can probably figure that out LOL Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Awesome! A quick prelim test on this call and yes, in fact it does return a context name for the local server connected client.

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully this will be an easy add.
*crosses fingers*

and thanks for the assist, Fuzzy!

SageTV - best PVR software or greatest PVR software?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

SO I'm assuming for those of us that got the old v6 version working in v7 it is best to remove it from the load_at_startup_runnable_classes properties and stop using the STV where we imported the stvi into. (For example SageTV7-1.xml) and return to running the default SageTV7.xml before beginning the upgrade from the repository. Do the General plugin upgrade first and the UI mod will be installed as a dependancy. But the UI Mod still needs to be done at any other client you want to see the popup on.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I haven't tried any of this yet but have been reading how people have gotten this working in just a few minutes. Might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway

Does this plugin install the YAC program too or is that something that I need to install and get running prior to installing this plugin? I never used the V6 version of this so am not at all familiar with it. Are there some instructions for V7 I can read somewhere or would somebody who is familiar with this be kind enough to throw together a basic set of instructions for us who aren't familiar with it? Unless, of course, you simply install the plugin and configure the options and that's it... I can probably figure that out LOL Thanks!
Yac needs to be installed: http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Yac needs to be installed: http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/
Thank you! Just saved me a few minutes of troubleshooting
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great work and thanks for the plug-in…

Not currently having a caller id modem or any modems for that matter (ordered one today) I can only play with it a bit but I do have a question…

Will it work with IP phone services such as Vonage or Time Warner? When my time is up with Vonage I am moving to NetTalk’s TK6000. It is also IP based phone service similar to Magic Jack but does not require a computer to be on 24/7. While it has some start up problems the cost is just right for me.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

No, you do have to install YAC separately.
As for instructions, what I have so far (not much) is listed here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=386

As for the configuration options, you can leave them all with their default settings and it should work out of the box if your caller ID and YAC software are installed on the same computer as your SageTV.

If you are installing YAC on a separate machine then in the YAC software you will need to include the SageTV server as a listener and in the plugin's configuration options you will need to change the TCP/IP bind address from "127.0.0.1" to the real IP of the computer. (Or set to "0.0.0.0" which means bind to all interfaces). If left set to "127.0.0.1" the plugin will only listen on the local box, not listen for external network messages.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
SO I'm assuming for those of us that got the old v6 version working in v7 it is best to remove it from the load_at_startup_runnable_classes properties and stop using the STV where we imported the stvi into. (For example SageTV7-1.xml) and return to running the default SageTV7.xml before beginning the upgrade from the repository. Do the General plugin upgrade first and the UI mod will be installed as a dependancy. But the UI Mod still needs to be done at any other client you want to see the popup on.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

Yes, I would suggest if you have the older version installed, to
1.) stop SageTV
2.) delete the previous infopopup JAR file, image directory, and STVi file.
3.) edit the sage.properties file and remove the older infopopup from "load_at_startup_runnable_classes"
4.) start SageTV
5.) Go to the plugin manager and install the "Infopopup / Caller ID" plugin from the "General" category. (Do not install the "Infopopup STVi" listed in the "UI Mod" category)
6.) Restart the SageTV server and all extenders.

As for the UI Mod on other clients, I'm not sure about this step yet. The extenders did not require any additional STVi installs, but I do suspect that the software based clients may. I don't have one to test with and verify this.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
Great work and thanks for the plug-in…

Not currently having a caller id modem or any modems for that matter (ordered one today) I can only play with it a bit but I do have a question…

Will it work with IP phone services such as Vonage or Time Warner? When my time is up with Vonage I am moving to NetTalk’s TK6000. It is also IP based phone service similar to Magic Jack but does not require a computer to be on 24/7. While it has some start up problems the cost is just right for me.

I don't have Voip service (other than Skype) so I can't verify this, but if the Voip can deliver caller ID to your physical phones then using it with a caller ID enabled modem should not be any problem.
I know there are some other ways (without the analog modem) to get the caller ID for Voip gateways, there were some discussions and solutions in this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37783
Also here is something listed for Vonage caller id: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=voip+caller

For Skype caller ID, I did write a utility a while back to forward Skype caller ID as YAC messages to the SageTV server. It is listed in the downloads section of the forum.

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 07-06-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any way to sniff out Uverse Caller ID directly from the RG?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well, got it up and running. Thanks!!!

I have my modem and YAC software on a different machine. So, all I had to do was go into the YAC software and put the IP address of my Sage server as well as go under the plugin configuration and put the IP address of the Sage server as well. Tried it and BINGO, it worked. Thanks so much for this... it is a great plugin!

I saw it asked earlier about Time Warner IP phones. I'm on Time Warner/Bright House Digital Phone and it works fine. I have the Bright House Easy Gadget installed too (shows caller ID without the need to have a modem installed). This gadget from Bright House is MUCH quicker to show the caller ID info than the YAC software. But, in defense of YAC, it shows it after about 1 ring just like my phones. The Bright House Easy Gadget shows it at the same time the phone rings... which I know is really fast

I'm perfectly happy with the 1 ring "delay" but for those who don't have a modem, it may (or may not??? LOL) be possible to get the info from the Bright House Easy Gadget software. Here is some information about Easy Gadget if any programmers out there want to take a look at it.

http://support.brighthouse.com/Artic...y-Gadget-2251/

Also, I got the pictures to work as well. Very nice addition! Question though... in the V6 thread I saw talk about sizing of the pictures and scaling. Is this auto scaled now? I tried a number of different sizes and it always looks the same. Is there a way to change the size of my custom images? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Also, I got the pictures to work as well. Very nice addition! Question though... in the V6 thread I saw talk about sizing of the pictures and scaling. Is this auto scaled now? I tried a number of different sizes and it always looks the same. Is there a way to change the size of my custom images? Thanks!
Update... I don't think the above is entirely true

I tried a smaller picture first then tried to enlarge it and didn't see any changes with 3 different sizes. However, I just moved a regular sized picture of somebody else and had them call me and it took up nearly my entire 1080P screen. LOL!!!

Could it be that the pictures are being cached and that is why the changes don't appear to be taking effect?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Update... I don't think the above is entirely true

I tried a smaller picture first then tried to enlarge it and didn't see any changes with 3 different sizes. However, I just moved a regular sized picture of somebody else and had them call me and it took up nearly my entire 1080P screen. LOL!!!

Could it be that the pictures are being cached and that is why the changes don't appear to be taking effect?

Thanks!
Hi Brent,

Glad to hear you have it up and running now! Hopefully it was not too painful.

No scaling is being done :-) The SageTV UI does seem to cache the image size for each named image. So, if you change the image file content but the image name is the same, then it will constrain the image size to the last known size. But if you restart the SageTV app, it will then render the native image size. I also created some images that are far too big for the STV to render correctly. For now, I just have to edit the image files and scale them in an editor and then save them with an appropriate size for SageTV.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Sage User

help please...thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
If the plugin is not able to start for some reason, it should be listed there.
Uninstalled, made sure to remove old stuff from logs, delete old jars, etc. Reinstalled, turned on debugging, restarted sage. netstat showed a listen on 10629 after installing the plugin (before restarting sage). I can connect to it with netcat, but no message appears on screen...no worries I am think restart is needed. I exit sage, stop service, start service (nothing in netstat), start sage...no listen for 10629 in netstat.

Checked the logs...searched for infopopup, shadow....nothing with errors. Searched for "error" nothing that looks related to your plugin.

I am looking in mailcheck.log and sagetvclient_0.txt. Is there a different log I should be looking at?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulaman View Post
Uninstalled, made sure to remove old stuff from logs, delete old jars, etc. Reinstalled, turned on debugging, restarted sage. netstat showed a listen on 10629 after installing the plugin (before restarting sage). I can connect to it with netcat, but no message appears on screen...no worries I am think restart is needed. I exit sage, stop service, start service (nothing in netstat), start sage...no listen for 10629 in netstat.

Checked the logs...searched for infopopup, shadow....nothing with errors. Searched for "error" nothing that looks related to your plugin.

I am looking in mailcheck.log and sagetvclient_0.txt. Is there a different log I should be looking at?
Are you running the SageTV client software connecting to a remote server, is that why you are looking at sagetvclient_0.txt? Or are you trying to run the sagetv locale client on the same that is running the sagetv server as a service?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

There's discussion about scaling the pics in the v6 thread, somewhere around page 3 or 4, I think. I had to scale my pics down to like 100x200 or somewhere in that vicinity. I used a freeware "batch photo resizer" software that I found somewhere, which scaled pictures by a percentage that I chose.... then for some that needed further tweaking, I think I actually might have used simple old MS Paint.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

alpha

Thanks for the update to this plugin!

Question for you though: In the advanced properties you list shadeblue/infopopup/bg_alpha=255

This property does not exist for me in the sage.properties file. I Added it (after stopping the service) and changed the value a couple of times, eg 150, but never saw any change in the transparency of the popup.

Is this value currently supported? Should it have been created for me automatically?

I did have the older v.6 version installed and did not uninstall it before hand, but I was not using the stvi I had imported it to before installing the latest version. Do you think something from that older version might be constraining the newer properties?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Nick
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry for the new question. I got YAC up and running on my windows home server as a server. I installed YAC on my pc and ran the listener, and successfully received a test call from the server that showed with callerid as a windows popup down by the task bar.

I then launched sagetv, installed the infopopup stvi uimod, and the infopopup /callerid general. only config i changed was to point to the static IP of my windows home server.

Resent the test call, and the callerid info still pops up as windows popup, not as a sage window.

Am i missing a setting to get sage to intercept and display the yac listener window?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac