SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Glad to hear it is working for you. Did your system happen to have mina and slf4j files lingering in the JARs folder that you had to delete manually? I suspect that may be the cause of some of these failed install attempts.
Yes, there were mina and slf4j files in the JARs folder that I deleted.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I purchased a Hiro USB Modem and set it up with this plugin. After some playing with Modem Drivers etc. I got this working, and it worked Great! My wife was even impressed.

However, and hour or two later it appeared to stop popping up messages. Has anyone seen issues with this not working consistently after it was set up initially and appeared to be working fine??? This has happened at least twice.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm interested in what you did to make it work.

I have a soft modem, generic brand. Using HyperTerminal I get caller id information from inbound calls but YAC will not display anything although HT does.

Caller id is not turned on by default (at least on my cheap modem) but I have enabled it by using the +VCID=1 command and then writing it to the modem. I also added this command to the init string in modem properties.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
What a Hoot! I installed this plugin on Sunday and have wasted waaay too much time picking out embarrassing pictures to go along with our friends and family's phone numbers.

I had tried this plugin a year ago with v6, but couldn't get caller id to work correctly with my modem. This weekend I dug into the modem's inf file and figured out how to modify it so that the tapi info was correctly interpreted.

Thanks for the plugin.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does it quit showing all images, or just your custom images? Meaning does it continue to show the default telephone icon image?
It quits showing all images.

I was initially using a folder outside of the default location for the images. I did an uninstall/reinstall of the program and used the default folder for images and it seems to be working so far. The one issue with this is that if the plugin is uninstalled, it will delete all the images in the folder, so if anyone has done any work with custom images, they will run the risk of losing them if they do an uninstall without backing them up.

Ill let you know how I make out with it after a few days.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
I'm interested in what you did to make it work.

Jim
Here's what I had to do on my XP based Sage server. I give credit to the www.talkingcallerid.com web site for showing me what to change in the modem's inf file. Section 27 of their FAQ got me over the hump.

1. Verified that the modem set up to receive caller id info.
A. Installed the modem.
B. Added the caller id init string as an extra initialization command (in my case it was "AT+VCID=1" in Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options, Modems, Properties, Advanced.
C. Started Hyperterminal and chose the comm port the modem was using (this can be found using the "Advanced Port Settings" from the window in step B.)
D. Typed in ATZ to make sure the modem was replying (it should reply with an "OK")
E. Grabbed my wife's cell phone and called our land line. The Hyperterminal screen responed with a "RING" and then the caller id info.

I think this is the point you are at. The modem is set up and receiving caller id, but YAC was still not supplying a popup window when a call came in. This is where it gets a little ugly and where I quit when I tried this in version 6. The structure of what the modem sends has to EXACTLY match a line in the modem's inf file for it to pass it to a standard tapi interface (which is what YAC is using). Many modems have incorrect syntax, I tried three different modems and only got this far.
So we need to find out the correct syntax for incoming caller id info and add it to the correct spot in the modem's inf file. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstalled the modem from the server in Device Manager.

2. Deleted the modem inf and pnf files
A. Went to the C:\Windows\inf folder and sorted by date.
B. Used the date code to determine which two files to delete. The date gets written when the modem was installed. In my case is was oem18.inf and oem18.pnf .

3. Copied the driver files from the modem's CD to a temp folder on the server.

4. Edited the .inf file in the temp folder. I used notepad to open the file and added the following lines in the section marked [MfgAddReg].

HKR, Responses, "DATE = ", 1, 93, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "TIME = ", 1, 94, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NMBR = ", 1, 95, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NAME = ", 1, 96, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "MESG = ", 1, 97, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>DRON=", 1, 91, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>DROF=", 1, 92, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>DATE=", 1, 93, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>TIME=", 1, 94, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>NMBR=", 1, 95, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>NAME=", 1, 96, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>MESG=", 1, 97, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00

5. Saved and closed the file.

6. Went back to Device Manager, right clicked on the server name at the top of the righthand pane and chose "Scan for hardware changes".

7. When the server found the device, I pointed it to the c:\temp file for it's drivers and let it install with the new inf file.

8. Ran another test and, lo, and behold, YAC popped up a message when the call came in.

9. SageTV still did not pop up the caller info on my HD200s though. The last step I had to do was to add the localhost address (127.0.0.1) to YACs listener list and then everything was golden.

Hope this helps you out!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Here's what I had to do on my XP based Sage server. I give credit to the www.talkingcallerid.com web site for showing me what to change in the modem's inf file. Section 27 of their FAQ got me over the hump.
Hope this helps you out!
Thanks for the great write up on this...

You're correct, identifying the inf file was problematic but I what I did was modify the installation inf so it was copied over to the windows directory during the modem driver install.

However YAC still will not display the caller id information, HT works correctly as does my phones. I know the hardware is working correctly. I am using Windows 7 but have UAC disabled, logged in as an administrator and installed YAC off the root of the C drive. I also tried different com ports, from 1 through 4 thinking maybe YAC did not like com 3.

So at this point is figure it is a Windows 7 thing and will have to try to figure it out...

Thanks agian
Jim

Last edited by jbrandon; 07-15-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the great write up on this...

You're correct, identifying the inf file was problematic but I what I did was modify the installation inf so it was copied over to the windows directory during the modem driver install.

However YAC still will not display the caller id information, HT works correctly as does my phones. I know the hardware is working correctly. I am using Windows 7 but have UAC disabled, logged in as an administrator and installed YAC off the root of the C drive. I also tried different com ports, from 1 through 4 thinking maybe YAC did not like com 3.

So at this point is figure it is a Windows 7 thing and will have to try to figure it out...

Thanks agian
Jim

Just a heads up, I'm starting to talk with the author of "Vista-Caller-ID" about adding some hooks so that this InfoPopup plugin has support for an alternative caller ID software. You may want to try out that software to see if it works with your modem. Now if the problems are TAPI related, another caller ID software building using TAPI may not help in this situation.

No ETA and no guarantees that it will happen, so this is just a heads up.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 07-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage User

I don't know if this will help but I was also able to use other programs to get caller ID but YAC still wasn't working. I followed Hunter69's suggestion (Thanks to Hunter69 for saving me tons of time):

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=170

After repairing the modem using the trial version of Ascendis (the repair option is found under Help I believe), it started working.

Now, my only problem is with long distance distinctive rings. By looking at the log, I see my modem recognizes the ring but doesn't pick-up the caller id for some reason. This issue was resolved by turning off long distance distinctive ring--much to my wife's dismay.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Vista-Caller-ID is working with my modem...

Thanks to AzTech for the information about Ascendis Caller ID 2, it works with TAPI enabled...

YAC will work as long as I have Vista-Caller-ID running - will not work on its own...

...but Sage will not display the caller id information - nor will it display a test message from YAC. I've tried using the default setup including the 127.0.0.1 address and also the real address of the server. All computers on my network will display the YAC popup from a call or test message.

Part of my modems problem was the formation of the caller id strings in the inf file, here is what I ended up with that is somewhat working:

HKR, Responses, "DATE = ", 1,93, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "TIME = ", 1,94, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NMBR = ", 1,95, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NAME = ", 1,96, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "MESG = ", 1,97, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "DATE= ", 1,93, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "TIME= ", 1,94, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NMBR= ", 1,95, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "NAME= ", 1,96, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00
HKR, Responses, "MESG= ", 1,97, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00

I know the spaces should not matter but once they were inserted it started working. Not sure if the space before the = signis needed or not so presently both are there. I guess all this proves is my modem is capable of displaying caller id via TAPI.

Jim
Quote:
Just a heads up, I'm starting to talk with the author of "Vista-Caller-ID" about adding some hooks so that this InfoPopup plugin has support for an alternative caller ID software. You may want to try out that software to see if it works with your modem. Now if the problems are TAPI related, another caller ID software building using TAPI may not help in this situation.

No ETA and no guarantees that it will happen, so this is just a heads up.

Last edited by jbrandon; 07-15-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Sage Expert

Just upgraded to 7.0.12 and I now get the caller ID popup on both my server and my client. However, custom images show up on the server, but NOT the client.

What am I doing wrong? Where is the correct place for images?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow Release 7.0.2

Release 7.0.2 (2010-07-17)
  • updated for SageTV v7.0.12 BETA
  • added support for SageTVClient
  • fixed caller ID images
  • fixed infopopup client properties to read server properties not local properties

To take full advantage of this new version you will need to upgrade your SageTV system to V 7.0.12 BETA.

This release should address displaying the caller ID info to SageTVClient instances and the local client instance running on the server while SageTV is running in service mode.
This release also attempts to fix some of the image related problems.

When upgrading, please make sure that both the InfoPopup core plugin listed under the General category and the InfoPopup STVi listed under UI Mods both get updated.
Restart SageTV server and all extenders/clients after upgrade.

This release is a huge leap forward for the ease of installation and deployment for the various SageTV clients and extenders connected to your SageTV server. Unlike the older plugin in SageTV V6, this version (with the added support in SageTV 7.0.12) no longer needs to run multiple instances of the core YAC listener for each connected SageTV client and the server local client instance. Now a the single Infopopup plugin running on the server is the only YAC listener needed.

Goodbye multiple plugin instances running on custom ports ...
Goodbye custom modified version of YAC to support alternate ports ...
Goodbye need to define multiple YAC listeners addresses in the YAC software ...
Goodbye confusing complicated setup ...
Hello SageTV V7!

Special thanks to Jeff (Narflex) for getting the underlying support added to SageTV.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 07-17-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Just upgraded to 7.0.12 and I now get the caller ID popup on both my server and my client. However, custom images show up on the server, but NOT the client.

What am I doing wrong? Where is the correct place for images?
Try the latest version and post results back. I did find and fix a few image related bugs.

Thanks, SB
Old 07-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
It quits showing all images.

I was initially using a folder outside of the default location for the images. I did an uninstall/reinstall of the program and used the default folder for images and it seems to be working so far. The one issue with this is that if the plugin is uninstalled, it will delete all the images in the folder, so if anyone has done any work with custom images, they will run the risk of losing them if they do an uninstall without backing them up.

Ill let you know how I make out with it after a few days.
I did find and fix a few image path related bugs, try the latest version and post back your results. If it's not fixed, I also added additional image info in the debug logging output. -SB
Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
I purchased a Hiro USB Modem and set it up with this plugin. After some playing with Modem Drivers etc. I got this working, and it worked Great! My wife was even impressed.

However, and hour or two later it appeared to stop popping up messages. Has anyone seen issues with this not working consistently after it was set up initially and appeared to be working fine??? This has happened at least twice.
Have not seen this issue myself. Does it start working again by restarting SageTV? You may need to enable debug logging and capture the log files to obtain more details of why this may be failing.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledig View Post
i've been following with great interest (and crossed fingers).

first, thanks for staying with it and having the complex discussion that was required. i really want your awesome plugin to work on my local sage server, and i appreciate you working through the issues.

second, i'll learn to be patient and will keep my eye on the beta releases and release notes, and on your plugin to show an UPDATE in the list

in the meantime, all of the other rooms in the house are working and i can just continue ignoring inopportune phone calls

thanks!!!
The new version if ready for you to try this out. Upgrade SageTV to 7.0.12 and the upgrade the Infopopup plugin. Let me know if its working for you on your client instance.

Thanks, SB
Old 07-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The new version if ready for you to try this out. Upgrade SageTV to 7.0.12 and the upgrade the Infopopup plugin. Let me know if its working for you on your client instance.

Thanks, SB
Works!!

i was excited when i saw the API update listed in the .12 notes last night. i figured - maybe he'll get a chance to update it this week... didn't expect it to be so fast!!!

thanks so much, SB. my whole family really appreciates it.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I finally got the new version to work... It seemed reasonable that it should work with VOIP services because the phones will display the same information. It works with both Vonage and my TK6000.

Funny thing is I must have both YAC and Vista-Caller-ID loaded in order to get the popup in Sage or to even get YAC to work. With this setup it is very touchy to any changes to Sage or Windows, it requires a reload of YAC before it will again work within Sage.

I can live with this...

Vista-Caller-ID will work on its own but of course not in Sage, YAC will not work on its own.

I do have a question:
Windows 7 -32 machine, UAC off with Sage installed off the root instead of the normal location. Configuration is right out of the box except for the display time is doubled (20000). On the HD200 I get pictures to display but not on the client machines. My assumption is it is due to the relative path being used.

Do you know of any fix for this other than installing in the \Programs Files\SageTV configuration? I have tried the complete path in the configuration with the same results.

I would be nice to use Vista-Caller-ID. It is an interesting program but it has no client software (currently). I also wonder why the plug in cannot use TAPI on its own without the need for YAC - please remember I do not write code of any sort but I was under the impression that was what things like TAPI was for.

Thanks again for your work on this...

Jim
Old 07-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you know of any fix for this other than installing in the \Programs Files\SageTV configuration? I have tried the complete path in the configuration with the same results.
I'm running the latest version of the sage beta and the infopop plugin. I now have my image files in a folder off the root of the drive (ie. C:\infopop images). I have this folder shared and I use the share name (ie. \\server_name\infopop images) as the path on both the server installed plugin and a client plugin on another machine. It has been working successfully so far (since the upgrade).

Should work for you.
Nick
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had thought of that but wanted to hear if there was a better way.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
I'm running the latest version of the sage beta and the infopop plugin. I now have my image files in a folder off the root of the drive (ie. C:\infopop images). I have this folder shared and I use the share name (ie. \\server_name\infopop images) as the path on both the server installed plugin and a client plugin on another machine. It has been working successfully so far (since the upgrade).

Should work for you.
Nick
Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Expert

Just wanted to report that everything is working great on my end including images coming off of the server.

Awesome. Thanks

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac