SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

YAK has never worked on its own with any modem.

I should have noted that I have all power saving disabled (except monitor blanks in 3 minutes) - this is considered a server machine and is accessible 24/7 by myself and family members. But good though...

However with my configuration (hardware/software) YAC alone has never respond by its self - it must have another caller id program running along with YAC. It is not choosy but the Phone Tray Free seems to work the best for my set up. 36 hours and counting...

Today I used my desktop machine for some additional testing. Installed the Agere modem but even on different hardware YAK alone will not respond. But once I load any other caller id program then YAC will respond. All machines are similar, Abit boards, AMD cpu.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
any excellent article on windows 7 power management (vista is very similiar). Note most power savings are ON by default, which is why i suspect them as the problem.

http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/g...-settings.html

Check you power profile and drill all the way down to the USB/pci modem, and turn off anything that even remote looks like "let windows " do anythinginvolving power/sleep/turn off.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is working great for me and I have only one minor issue. This is related to YAC so thinking maybe you guys might be able to help.

I'm running Windows 7 and where I have my YAC server, each time I start the computer it asks me which device to use for YAC. I DO check the option to remember this but it still asks me each time. Not a huge deal but if I could get this to "stick" that would be excellent. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I'm running Windows 7 and where I have my YAC server, each time I start the computer it asks me which device to use for YAC. I DO check the option to remember this but it still asks me each time. Not a huge deal but if I could get this to "stick" that would be excellent.
Have you tried running the YAC software as Administrator, and then changing the setting? I know when I upgraded to to Windows 7, there were quite a few programs whose settings wouldn't stick when I changed them, and running the programs as an Admin worked. (something to do with UAC).
Old 07-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Have you tried running the YAC software as Administrator, and then changing the setting? I know when I upgraded to to Windows 7, there were quite a few programs whose settings wouldn't stick when I changed them, and running the programs as an Admin worked. (something to do with UAC).
I don't have kids or anything and always run in Administrator so already doing that. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Sage Expert

Do you use UAC though? I run as administrator using UAC, but because of UAC things are accessed by default with lesser permissions (I'm probably getting my terminology wrong). If you right click on the YAC icon is there a "Run As Administrator" option?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have the UAC setting set one above the bottom which is less than "default". I don't have that option when I right click on the YAC icon.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well after a few days this is what I have found. With the Phone Tray Free running in parallel with YAC both showed popups shortly after being started. However as time moved forward popups from the YAC software were inconsistent with the Phone Tray Free. Comparing the phone Tray Free call log to my Vonage call list they seem to line up perfectly. However there are about 5-6 calls which yac does not show in its call log and where I do not believe the pop up worked. Interestingly enough, all the calls that YAC Missed show as ID N/A in the Phone Tray free software. Not sure if this is a clue or not???

I would though conclude based in this info and other peaking around the OS that the modem is not going to sleep as it seems to consistently work with Phone Tray Free. Running both apps in parallel though did not help my issue. I will also note that I have one other problem that someone else mentioned. When I start YAC, everytime it asks me to select the device I want to use even if I have already told it to always use my modem. a bit annoying as I may not always be around when a reboot occurs.......
Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I am the one who came up with running Phone Tray Free in conjunction with YAC – this has been working every time for me, has never missed a call. This combination has been running for 5 days now. I’ve never even had to restart either application in the 5 days, not even the Sage service. I am logged on with administrator privileges, have UAC turned off, YAC and PTF both installed off the root of the C drive. I have a cheap eBay soft modem using the latest drivers I could find, ver 2.2.98.0 dated 8/13/2009.

I have read on the PTF message board if you have long distance distinctive ring enabled (I do not have that option with Vonage) it can cause a call being logged at N/A. I understand some modems do not handle the distinctive ring correctly and will not display the caller id information. I cannot verify this… Since I have not had the problem I do not how to disable distinctive ring but I think it is done through the phone service and not the modem. I do not know just how a call is handled with both programs running concurrently, does PTF enable the information for the TAPI driver so YAC and see it or just what is happening… I do know PTF will works stand alone, YAC will not work stand alone but with both running YAC gets the information to the plug in in Sage and the information is displayed on the screen.

I think if the user has administrative privileges, UAC turned off you should be able to get the modem to stick when YAC starts. This is on Windows 7 at least…

Too bad the author of YAC cannot or is not willing to look at some of these problems. I really think it is a YAC issue. Every other modem and caller id program I looked at has worked as described – only YAC has failed.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Well after a few days this is what I have found. With the Phone Tray Free running in parallel with YAC both showed popups shortly after being started. However as time moved forward popups from the YAC software were inconsistent with the Phone Tray Free. Comparing the phone Tray Free call log to my Vonage call list they seem to line up perfectly. However there are about 5-6 calls which yac does not show in its call log and where I do not believe the pop up worked. Interestingly enough, all the calls that YAC Missed show as ID N/A in the Phone Tray free software. Not sure if this is a clue or not???

I would though conclude based in this info and other peaking around the OS that the modem is not going to sleep as it seems to consistently work with Phone Tray Free. Running both apps in parallel though did not help my issue. I will also note that I have one other problem that someone else mentioned. When I start YAC, everytime it asks me to select the device I want to use even if I have already told it to always use my modem. a bit annoying as I may not always be around when a reboot occurs.......
Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using vonagesniff from this site and port mirroring to get the caller id info without YAC or any modem whatsoever in the server.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Caller ID Success for VOIP PhonePower.

Thanks for this plugin,

My VOIP phone company for the last 2-3 years has been PhonePower. Before that I was with Sunrocket. And not to be shy, take this as a plug for PhonePower as a great VOIP company. Good to know what they send down the line works with this plugin. With PhonePower I am using a Grandstream HT502.

HTPC is Windows7, Sagetv 7.0.12, all updates applied as of 8/2/2010

I got a Rosewill RNX-56AG Modem from Newegg for this experiment. Got the firmware from

http://www.rosewill.com/support/down...s=3_39_97_1162

Split the phone line at back of Grandstream and sent one line to the Rosewill modem and other to phone.

Installed 'YAC' on same computer as my Rosewill and SageTv. HD200 is downstairs in TV room.

Activated the 'infopopup Stvi'. It didn't work.

Could not get anything from YAC that it was receiving a call.

Read up and decided to install 'VistaCallerID' to see if that worked. Nothing.

Downloaded the tool 'Caller-ID Repair Utility'
http://www.homeserverland.com/downlo...ware/2193.aspx
[Had to register to get it].

Ran tool with several of the settings as Admin and in my case the string 'AT#CID=2' did the trick and up came caller number and name. I think one of the other settings just gave me a number only. I didn't try rest down the list because I had what I needed.

Stopped VistaCallerID, (not sure if I ever need to really install VCID to make'Caller-ID Repair Utility' work). I rebooted several times as requested through all this.

Caller number now showed on my computer desktop. Progress.

Then went into YAC/ Listeners/ and added my IP's.

Grabbed cell phone, called home. The kids started yelling out that 'the TV was saying I was calling'

Just hope my 'trip' might help someone else.

Edit.... I found the 'send a message function'.. Kids were not happy that I could pause TV and tell them it was time to do some reading and TV was to be off in 5 minutes.

Last edited by Crunch; 08-02-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

SB,
I had installed this plugin in v7 manually (when it was still the v6 version). It had worked once or twice and then stopped working. I figured it was a glitch with the v6 version in v7.

When the v7 version came out, I installed it, but it didn't work. I kept getting "failed" until I followed the instructions from a few pages back (deleting the JARs and also the Library pieces seemed to be the key).

I did all of that this morning, and left for work. I called my wife from work and she said that it worked, and that two others had already called and it worked for them. These were all on our upstairs HD200. But later, she received calls while watching on our family room HD100. No popup. I tried calling with my cellphone tonight after I got home, and she's right, no popup.

I did not get a chance to test again on the HD200. That might have been coincidence - I actually suspect that it is - I think for some reason it's just not working (anywhere) after a couple of instances. I don't get a "Failed" message with the plugin or anything, though. And the YAC bubble still pops up on my server (and the log registers calls), so YAC's working fine.

What can I try to troubleshoot? Where/what error log can I turn on and try calling my house, to post?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

It would be cool if you could get Tweets to show up with this popup if you were to Tweet from a specific account. That way you could send messages to your family from you Blackberry, iPhone, etc

By the way - how did you get Angelina's phone num?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Sage User

I'm not able to get the popups working on any remote clients...

- I have the newest 7.0.2 installed from within the plug-in interface
- 1 x 2008 Server that has the YAC server and the modem
- 2 x Windows 7 clients with full SageTV Clients and the infopopup/callerid plug-in installed
-all firewalls disabled

If I install the YAC server locally on one of the win7 clients I can send messages to the SageTV interface successfully. If I try to send the messages remotely from the 2008 server = no popups in SageTV on the Win7 clients. If I run just the YAC listener on the win7 client and send the messages from the 2008 server = success.

I've used 0.0.0.0:10629 & <local IP>:10629 for the client settings with no success...

Any thoughts??
Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Don't know exactly were else to post this (this is not a plugin issue).

I have Win 7 64bit and every time I restart the computer YAC asks for which device to use (even though I have checked the checkbox).

Any ideas??
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post

I have Win 7 64bit and every time I restart the computer YAC asks for which device to use (even though I have checked the checkbox).

Any ideas??
I have the same OS and same issue. I'm logged in as Adminstrator as well so that's not it. If I get it figured out I'll post back for you... you do the same for me. LOL
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I have the same OS and same issue. I'm logged in as Adminstrator as well so that's not it. If I get it figured out I'll post back for you... you do the same for me. LOL
I emailed Jensen to see if he knows. I'll do some google'n also.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also have the same Windows 7 64bit and same the issue. Every time I restart the computer YAC asks for which device to use. Tried lots of things to correct this behaviour without success. If I could just get this plugin to work it would be awesome!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
SB,
I had installed this plugin in v7 manually (when it was still the v6 version). It had worked once or twice and then stopped working. I figured it was a glitch with the v6 version in v7.

When the v7 version came out, I installed it, but it didn't work. I kept getting "failed" until I followed the instructions from a few pages back (deleting the JARs and also the Library pieces seemed to be the key).

I did all of that this morning, and left for work. I called my wife from work and she said that it worked, and that two others had already called and it worked for them. These were all on our upstairs HD200. But later, she received calls while watching on our family room HD100. No popup. I tried calling with my cellphone tonight after I got home, and she's right, no popup.

I did not get a chance to test again on the HD200. That might have been coincidence - I actually suspect that it is - I think for some reason it's just not working (anywhere) after a couple of instances. I don't get a "Failed" message with the plugin or anything, though. And the YAC bubble still pops up on my server (and the log registers calls), so YAC's working fine.

What can I try to troubleshoot? Where/what error log can I turn on and try calling my house, to post?
SB,
Hate to quote myself, but since the above post, I have confirmed that the popup works on the two extenders that I had NOT tried to install the previous version on, nor had I tried installing this version when it first came out. But the one extender that I did do these things on, the popup still doesn't work.

Since it's a difference between extenders, I'm assuming this has to be something I missed in the client.properties file. Any idea what it could be? Could I send you a copy of the file?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Exclamation

Quote:

Any ideas??
Edit Registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\YAC
Everything was set under HKEY_USERS. I just copied what was there into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\YAC and it worked.

I hope this helps.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Edit Registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\YAC
Everything was set under HKEY_USERS. I just copied what was there into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\YAC and it worked.

I hope this helps.
Worked like a charm. Thanks! I have a couple other pieces of software that are doing the same thing so might have to try something similar on those. Thanks again!

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac