SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Sage User

I have been able to get YAC (Server an Listener both) to work just fine; but not the plugin. I've read through all of the threads, here and I'm not finding any solution(s). How do I troubleshoot this plugin?

Russ
Old 10-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Sage User

i use a VOIP service for my home phone (callcentric) and so have a VOIP device hanging off my network. Can i make that device serve up the caller-id info to this plug-in? the device has an IP address and since you can pull the YAC info from another box on the network I assumed it may work for the VOIP device? Very cool plug-in! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellnewman View Post
I have been able to get YAC (Server an Listener both) to work just fine; but not the plugin. I've read through all of the threads, here and I'm not finding any solution(s). How do I troubleshoot this plugin?

Russ
Hi Russ, in the sage.properties file you can enabled debugging and then start the sage TV service. This plugin will print debug messages to the sage debug log files. That would be the place to start to see if when the service starts, if the infopopup plugin is failing to start.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagestuff View Post
i use a VOIP service for my home phone (callcentric) and so have a VOIP device hanging off my network. Can i make that device serve up the caller-id info to this plug-in? the device has an IP address and since you can pull the YAC info from another box on the network I assumed it may work for the VOIP device? Very cool plug-in! Thanks!
Hi sagestuff,

The short answer .. YES, this may be possible and has been done with other VOIP services. It depends on if your VOIP IP device supports a protocol that you can obtain incoming caller ID info and then you have to create a custom script or program to send that info in the YAC message format over to the SageTV server where this plugin is running.

Here is a thread that was started for Vonage VOIP caller ID. Maybe something there could help.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=38403&page=6

Note, you can probably also just use a caller ID capable analog modem and connect that to the telephone line and just use the existing YAC software to pull this off. I know this is not as direct as the IP solution, but it may serve as a fall back if you can get the other going.

Thanks- SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Sage Expert

This is not working for me either.

I installed YAC, the latest version from the link provided, and installed this UI MOD as all others. I restarted SageTV as well as selected the modem from within the YAC program (YAC, not YAC Listener).

I do have the configuration options under the GENERAL section as well as have it listed UI MOD Section.

This is the first time I've tried this pluggin, so I have no ther versions or similar pluggins on my system.

I am testing this on my DELL laptop, and Yac does pop up the caller ID on the desk top, so the modem here is working and YAC is doing its thing. But from SageTV, I get nothing.

I have not changed any configuration settings, becuase, well honestly they make no sense to me. My modem is on 'COM3', the configuration settings is looking for a NUMBER (10629 by default) I also assume the listener IP Address is for network stuff. I left it at 127.0.0.1.

I want just local operation, no network (yet)

What am I doing wrong?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 10-17-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm using vonagesniff from this site and port mirroring to get the caller id info without YAC or any modem whatsoever in the server.
So where and how do you setup port mirroing to work in conjuntion with this plugin? I'm running XP with Service Pack 3. I'm also using Phonepower for my VOIP provider and a Grandstream HT502 modem as well.

Gerry
Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Port mirroring is set up on a managed switch in my case. Some people do it on a router.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Sage User

I just installed a fresh setup of SageTV7 beta.

In my case, the YAC Server is running on a computer in my office (it's the only computer in the house with callerid abilities).

I added the IP# for the SageTV Server to the listeners table on my office computer.

On the SageTV Server, I installed the Info Popup/CallerID plugin.

When I review the plugin and go to the configure screen, was I not supposed to change the 127.0.0.1 ip number to the ip number of my office machine that is running the yac server??

It's hard to tell from this thread exactly what must go on.

It doesn't work at the moment.

Do I need to install the YAC Client on the SageTV Server? and then set the ip in the plugin config back to 127.0.0.1?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreymann View Post
I just installed a fresh setup of SageTV7 beta.

In my case, the YAC Server is running on a computer in my office (it's the only computer in the house with callerid abilities).

I added the IP# for the SageTV Server to the listeners table on my office computer.

On the SageTV Server, I installed the Info Popup/CallerID plugin.

When I review the plugin and go to the configure screen, was I not supposed to change the 127.0.0.1 ip number to the ip number of my office machine that is running the yac server??

It's hard to tell from this thread exactly what must go on.

It doesn't work at the moment.

Do I need to install the YAC Client on the SageTV Server? and then set the ip in the plugin config back to 127.0.0.1?

Hi gtfreymann,

If your SageTV server is the same physical computer where your caller ID modem is installed, then you only need to install YAC on that computer, install the InfoPopup plugin, and configure the plugin to use 127.0.0.1 as a listener address and configure the same address 127.0.0.1 as a listener in the YAC software.

You should only need to use a different IP other than 127.0.0.1 if the YAC and Caller ID are installed on a different computer.

In either case, you do not want to install the YAC listener on the SageTV server, it will try to compete with the SageTV plugin for the IP port. Also as of version 7, you do not need to configure listener addresses in YAC for other SageTV clients.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Sage User

Sorry, I thought I had made my configuration pretty clear.

Computer "A" in Office runs YAC Server.
192.168.1.3 is the ip of this box.
I added 192.168.1.2 as a listener ip in the YAC software.

Computer "B" in Basement runs SageTV Server.
192.168.1.2 is the ip of this box.
I set the IP # in the Plugin Configuration from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.3

On the SageTV Server computer I get no results. I have rebooted the server after the initial installation/configuration of this plugin.

I then have 4 SageTV Clients. After installing the Client Plugin I then realized you have to configure them separately. Which is the correct IP # number to use on the clients?

I'll eventually have two HD300 extenders as well. What is the correct IP # number to use with them?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreymann View Post
Sorry, I thought I had made my configuration pretty clear.

Computer "A" in Office runs YAC Server.
192.168.1.3 is the ip of this box.
I added 192.168.1.2 as a listener ip in the YAC software.

Computer "B" in Basement runs SageTV Server.
192.168.1.2 is the ip of this box.
I set the IP # in the Plugin Configuration from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.3

On the SageTV Server computer I get no results. I have rebooted the server after the initial installation/configuration of this plugin.

I then have 4 SageTV Clients. After installing the Client Plugin I then realized you have to configure them separately. Which is the correct IP # number to use on the clients?

I'll eventually have two HD300 extenders as well. What is the correct IP # number to use with them?
Ah .. very clear now.

Computer "A" (192.168.1.3) is configured correctly. The YAC software will send the caller ID message out to its list of listeners. It will send a single message to Computer "B", the SageTV server (192.168.1.2).

Computer "B", is not configured correctly. This is the SageTV server and it must host a listener socket to accept incoming messages from the YAC software over the network. The IP address configured in the Plugin settings must be set to 192.168.1.2, the IP address of this machine. This is the interface address it will listen for messages on. When this is set to the default of 127.0.0.1, it will only accept messages locally and not accept messages from another computer. You could also use address 0.0.0.0, this is a special address than means listen on all (ANY) available interface addresses. The plugin uses the default of 127.0.0.1 as not to automatically expose information or open up any potential security threats on the SageTV server should someone have their computer directly exposed on the Internet and not behind a router or firewall. This is not an issue for most people, as most peoples SageTV server runs on an internal computer inside a private network. But the default is a precaution.
(Please note, the YAC client should not be installed on this computer.)

As of version 7 of the plugin, you should not have to install the full Infopopup plugin on each SageTV client. If you already have, simply uninstall it and then only install the Infopopup add-on listed under UI Mods. You just need the UI portion of the plugin, not both the UI and the backend listener on each client. No additional configuration is needed. The caller ID messages is relayed from the SageTV server directly.

HD100, HD200, and HD300 extenders do not need any additional configuration. They get they UI loaded from the server and the server also relays the caller id info to them directly.

Cheers!
-SB
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage User

Wow, that fixed up everything just peachy! Thanks!

You may want to cut & paste my description and your answer into the very first message of this thread, as instructions to newbies? May save a few support questions.

Thanks again for making such a great plugin available to the Sage Community!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Dumb question: In V7, does this plug-in install *all* necessary files like YAC?

Or do I need to install YAC seperatly?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post

I'm pretty sure you have to install YAC separately.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post

install YAC separately :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, yes, YAC has to be installed seperately and configured too.

Since I installed it on the same computer as where SageTV server is running, I ran configure YAC to listen on the local loop back IP 127.0.0.1 - then it all works nicely!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Looking at the documention there appears to be an option to target the popup to a specific extender by providing a UI context

Caller ID Message Protocol
1.) @call{caller_name}~{caller_number}~{description}~{image}~{ui_context}

Generic Message Protocol
1.) @message{message}~{image}~{ui_context}

The question i have, is what do i pass to target a UI_Context? is there a command to list the currently connected clients (extenders) with their context that i can use?

thanks
Damian

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 12-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok,

took a quick read of the code and the app is pretty simple. there is no extra processing going on the class to send back a list of the UIs which are actively connected etc. but i do read logging code to report the ui's to which the popup is been displayed.

thx

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 12-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Hi,

Looking at the documention there appears to be an option to target the popup to a specific extender by providing a UI context

Caller ID Message Protocol
1.) @call{caller_name}~{caller_number}~{description}~{image}~{ui_context}

Generic Message Protocol
1.) @message{message}~{image}~{ui_context}

The question i have, is what do i pass to target a UI_Context? is there a command to list the currently connected clients (extenders) with their context that i can use?

thanks
Damian

Hi Damian,

For the extenders the UI context is the same ID that can be found for each of the client property files in \SageTV\clients\. The UI context ID is the part before the ".properties".

I don't know of a way to get these listed in SageTV without the help of an additional plugin. You can install the "External Status Socket Interface Plugin". This plugin will listen on a TCP/IP port for incoming connections (port 20000 by default). When a connection is made, the plugin will list the UI contexts of the currently connected clients near the top of the data dump. See below for example. You can just use TELNET to connect to the sagetv server to get the details. If running on the SageTV server, use command "telnet 127.0.0.1 20000" to connect, else, replace the 127.0.0.1 address with the address of your SageTV server.

START2
server_date: 2010-12-28
server_time: 19:57:00
num_ui: 2
ui_1_context: 0f1d6a5ca9c9
ui_2_context: /127.0.0.1:1146

Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just noticed that the UI Context IDs are also clearly listed in Neilm's web server on the main page ...

Attached Images
File Type: png sagetv-nielm-webserver-ui-context.png (82.5 KB, 416 views)

Tags
caller id, callerid, message, modem, yac