SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Sage User

SageTV can't tune analog cable channels

I have an AVerMedia Hybrid H826 and I can scan and find about 30 free analog cable channels that come in crystal clear using the AVerMedia Center. However, when I run a scan in SageTV it only finds a couple channels and they come in with a lot of noise and distortion. I've tried a signal booster and I've tried eliminating all the splitters etc. I think this has to be a SageTV issue. Is there any setting that I can change that might fix the way Sage scans for analog cable channels?

I have a Windows 7 system with 2 HVR 1600s plus the AVerMedia USB stick tuner mentioned above. The HVR 1600s have the same problem with detecting the analog channels. In this system I'm using the SageTV Beta software. I didn't post this in the Beta forum because I also have a laptop running SageTV 6.3.10.166 and I get the exact same results.

Could there be something funky about my cable provider's signal? This is Comcast cable in Fairfield, CA. Should be pretty standard NTSC stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

J
Old 07-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Thoughts...

I have a 1600. Works but I only use it to capture the DC-50 output on channel 3. Works very well.

I also have an AverMedia M780, it pulls the information on the composite from a Motorola DC-2000 (700?). Looks even better. Make sure you specify the correct input source on your AverMedia device.

Make sure to download the latest Windows MCE driver from AverMedia. Check the version and not the date. Their date format is confusing.

When I got the latest driver, it loaded and told me to move my device to a faster USB port. Wow!

Test the channels in AverMedia Media Center for your AverMedia device.
Test the Hauppauge 1600 outside of Sage as well (WinTV?). If the channels look snowy, it is not a Sage problem.

Upgrade to a more recent version of Sage when you get a chance.