SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage Expert

Wayner, unrelated question to lineups, but on the off chance that you're actually using/receiving Buffalo OTA, did you happen to notice if WUTVDT went black tonight at around 8:30PM?

As far as I can tell, every other station is still receiving without an issue and WUTVDT is dead air on two different tuners, HVR-2250 and HVR-1600. That mostly rules out the cards as suspects and I definitely haven't touched any of the equipment, including the mast, in a long time.

Sage is actually reporting around 5% strength for 14-29-1 (WUTVDT) right now. It will jump up to 100 for a split second every once in a while. Normally it's locked solid at 100.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
Wayner, unrelated question to lineups, but on the off chance that you're actually using/receiving Buffalo OTA, did you happen to notice if WUTVDT went black tonight at around 8:30PM?
It seems ok right now at 10:56pm.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Hmm... I've had it sitting on preview in channel setup since posting the message and haven't seen any improvement in signal strength. I'm hoping I don't have to go up on the roof tomorrow...

Incidentally, I'm in Milton using a CM4228HD - which I'd love to replace actually.

I just did a scan, which I hadn't done in a few weeks and picked up a bunch of new channels. Including ION and QUBO on 23-51-1 and 23-51-2 (mapped to 51-1 & 51-2). I've *NEVER* been able to pick up Ion (or Quobo) before. They're both locked at 100%. STRANGE. The issue now is that the Ion channel is still listed as CITS (Cross Roads) - that channel has now come in somewhere else. Interestingly I'm getting EPG data for Qubo without doing anything - is it in the stream? On my HVR-160, ION came up as "ION" and also had data. I've set it to WPXJ-DT however and now it's merged with the same channel on the other tuner. An odd thing is that I have TWO entries for Qubo in the guide, one for each tuner card - they're using two different lineups, one the Buffalo Digital Broadcast and the other a copy of it I made long ago. Same issue for IONLife.

I'm also newly picking up Rochester stations which I've also previously never been able to get, including WXXI (PBS) and WROC (CBS). Signal between my different boards varies. I'm currently looking at the HVR-1600 and WROC's signal is bouncing around 20% and isn't strong enough for a solid lock.

Last edited by TwistedMelon; 07-27-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

This was posted on Digital Home Forums:
Quote:
Fox 29 (channel 14) is getting killed by another station coming in on channel 14: WKBD Detroit. All of Detroit and area and down to Cleveland is booming into Southern Ontario tonight.
and this as well
Quote:
Anybody lose fox 29 at 850PM during Hells Kitchen tuesday night ? Usually solid signal, lost all signal. Transmitter problem? Back with blocks at 903PM 904PM gone again. Anybody else watching WUTV tonight?
update: 907 PM more stable. I'm hoping station techs watch this thread.
Maybe weird weather causing tropo effects since you are a long way from Rochester.

I am in the East end, in Scarberia, by Markham Rd right at the lake so I have a very clear line of sight across Lake Ontario to Buffalo, Rochester, etc.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
I just did a scan, which I hadn't done in a few weeks and picked up a bunch of new channels. Including ION and QUBO on 23-51-1 and 23-51-2 (mapped to 51-1 & 51-2). I've *NEVER* been able to pick up Ion (or Quobo) before. They're both locked at 100%. STRANGE. The issue now is that the Ion channel is still listed as CITS (Cross Roads) - that channel has now come in somewhere else. Interestingly I'm getting EPG data for Qubo without doing anything - is it in the stream? On my HVR-160, ION came up as "ION" and also had data. I've set it to WPXJ-DT however and now it's merged with the same channel on the other tuner. An odd thing is that I have TWO entries for Qubo in the guide, one for each tuner card - they're using two different lineups, one the Buffalo Digital Broadcast and the other a copy of it I made long ago. Same issue for IONLife.
When I originally scanned and added these channels (23-51-x) I found that there was some guide data coming in the stream but it only seemed to be about 25-50% complete although some sub-channels were better than others.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Sage Expert

And just as quickly as they came, they're gone. All the rochesters now achieve no greater than 20% signal, which still bounces around. WUTVDT (14-29-1) is now back at its normal 100% strength. Twilight Zone.

Thanks for the info, I did a quick scan DigitalHome last night but didn't find anyone talking about missing Fox. But I did forget to search for the call-sign and kind of got stuck browsing a couple of the area-specfic forums.