SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: CVF - Custom Video Folder

Version 1.26 - NO CHANGES - only the download source location has moved from Google Code to BinTray

Version 1.25 - Fix for video thumbs showing in Separate Folder mode
Version 1.24 - Some compatibility issues fixed to coexist with some other Plugins
Version 1.23
- Right side Info List updated to handle Title/Episode changes in SageTV beta 7.1.8
- default: if Title matches Folder name then Title is not shown
- new option to Always Exclude Title from Info List
- CVF Options moved to Options Menu (below Menu Options) and removed from Menu Options
- Fixed some BD/DVD naming issues
Version 1.22
- Fix to support new Title/Episode field changes in SageTV beta 7.1.8
- note: if Episode name is different from Title then both are shown
- Fix for SE sorts that changed with SageTV beta 7.1.8
- Now shows Disc number for multi disc movies if that info is in the metadata
Version 1.21
- Fix for TV Guide issue caused by 1.20
Version 1.20
- Works with 7.1+ now (does not support previous versions of SageTV)
- Watched filter will now hide fully watched folders
- Sort options now integrated with SageTV 7.1+ built in sort options
- better Diamond integration (works with or without Diamond 3.3+)
- With Diamond - turn on/off Fanart Thumbnails
Version 1.15
- Fix for Details Display under Sage 7.1.2
Version 1.14
- Fix for incorrectly displaying S00E00 on some Movies
Version 1.12
- Fix for quick type search option from default STV that was broken by this plugin
Version 1.11
- Fix for sort by OriginalAirDate (for Titles view)
Version 1.10
- Fix for sort by OriginalAirDate
- Added Original Air Date to Video Details
Version 1.09
- Minor change to remove partially displayed focus indicator on multi-column views
Version 1.08
- Add option to hide the video thumbnails in Folder views
- Add option to show the Title in addition to an Episode Name for videos with Season info
- Fix for sort options when no option had been selected
Version 1.07
- Add sort option available for Title and Folder views
- Video Details thumb size is now larger if the video preview option is set to Never
Version 1.06
- Add support for filtering Watched Videos in the Title and DVD views
- Added ability to set Include Watched setting in the Video Browser Options
Version 1.05
- Fixed Watched Options dialog issues for Videos and Recordings
Version 1.04
- Added support for Multi-Column Folder views
- updated for Sage 7 beta 15
- Category view updated to match folder view design (watched count etc)
- Right hand side info area shows watched counts for folders
- Right hand side info area shows SxxE00 for videos with Season info
Release 1.03
- Added support for Watched icons for DVD and BD media
- updated for Sage 7 beta 14
- removed some "DVD" text prefixes from some lists
Release 1.02
- Added use of Watched command (from remote/keyboard) to access Watched settings on the folder level
- Added ability to only show unWatched videos
Release 1.01 - first public release of this plugin

A collection of Video Folder enhancements,
- adds a watched count at folder level and category level
- supports Watched icons for DVD and BD media files
- removes the folder and category level thumbnails
- adds Set/Clear Watched function at the folder and category level on the Select/Info dialog
- can now be accessed at the folder level by using Watched command
- can now be accessed on the Video Browser Options dialog
- adds setting to include/hide watched videos from folder lists
* hides folders where all videos are marked Watched
- works for DVD and Title views in addition to the Folders view
- the transparent Watched icon is displayed in the top icon status area if the watched videos are filtered out of the lists
- adds the focus indicator on video items
- displays Episode Name (not title or filename) in video list
- displays Season and Episode numbers with Episode Name in lists and right hand info area if that Metadata exists
- works with Multi-Column folder views
- displays Disc number in video lists if the metadata is available
* Sort option enhanced for Folder and title views from video Browser Options
* in Title view - sort by Title, Title + Date, Date, Original Air Date, Duration and Filename
* in Folder view - sort by Original Air Date, Filename, Series, Date, and File Modified Date
(for series this is by default Title, Season Number, Episode Number and then Episode Name)
- Video Details displays the Phoenix based Title (same as used for the sorting)
- Video Details thumbnail is larger if video preview is set to never
- adds a new menu to the Video Options menu to...
- Show/Hide the Preview Thumb (top right)
* Use Fanart Thumbnails (Diamond only)
* Show Larger Thumbnails (Diamond only)
- Switch to a Large Preview Thumb (top right) (non-Diamond)
- Include the Title with the Episode Name
- Show/Hide thumbnails for video menu items

Comments welcome.

Screenshots...

Watched Count, Large Preview, Thumbs removed

Focus indicator, Season Episode info, Sort

Info Preview Area Options

Phoenix based title on Video Details

MultiColumn support

Watched Options

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 10-17-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Great job jusjoken... looks great.. also solves the sorting problem.

Also runs real smooth no lag.

Thanks.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-26-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for making this! I really like the concept of being able to set which videos I watch as "Watched" so this is great.

I do have a couple questions though...

Most all my videos are simpy copied DVDs. I noticed first that I had no options to set the DVDs as watched from the DVD/BD menu but then since this specifically stated it was a plugin for "Folder" view I thought that may be the reason. But, when I go into Videos/Folders it seems the only videos I have the option to set as Watched and get the little "W" icon are non DVD videos.

Basically, I'm able to get this to work but only with my AVIs. Is it possible to get this to work with my DVDs as well? All my videos are saved in the same manner. Meaning, all my DVDs are in their own folder by DVD title and my AVIs are in their own folder by its own movie title as well.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Basically, I'm able to get this to work but only with my AVIs. Is it possible to get this to work with my DVDs as well? All my videos are saved in the same manner. Meaning, all my DVDs are in their own folder by DVD title and my AVIs are in their own folder by its own movie title as well.

Thanks!
This is a limitation of the sage core not this plugin. Sage doesn't now allow watched/unwatched status of dvd films by default. MyMovies will allow dvd's to be marked as watched. If the developer wants to add the ability to this addin it would be pretty simplistic.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This is a limitation of the sage core not this plugin. Sage doesn't now allow watched/unwatched status of dvd films by default. MyMovies will allow dvd's to be marked as watched. If the developer wants to add the ability to this addin it would be pretty simplistic.
Thanks, Plucky! I do plan on using MyMovies once released

If not overly difficult, I think that would be a nice addition to this plugin... basically, anything that can be viewed from the "Videos" menu be able to set as watched and get the little "W" icon over the cover art

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great plugin!

Solved some of my problems. I did have one question.. How exactly do you set the a folder as "watched'? If I pressed watched while I have the folder highlighted it doesn't seem to set them to all watched..

Quote:
adds Set/Clear Watched function at the folder level on the dialog
Which dialog is that? If I go to the options menu while having a folder highlighted I don't see it as an option either.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I was able to mark a folder watched it depends what your preference is set to info or options ... in my case I highlighted the folder and hit the info button.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

For me, info takes me into folder. Seems to operate the same as if I had pressed enter..

Info works "normally" elsewhere, when viewing videos for instance.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Thanks, Plucky! I do plan on using MyMovies once released

If not overly difficult, I think that would be a nice addition to this plugin... basically, anything that can be viewed from the "Videos" menu be able to set as watched and get the little "W" icon over the cover art

Thanks!
No promisses but I have always been frustrated by not being able to set Watched on DVD's but I have never looked at what it would take. I will have a look and see what I can do.

k
Old 07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Great plugin!

Solved some of my problems. I did have one question.. How exactly do you set the a folder as "watched'? If I pressed watched while I have the folder highlighted it doesn't seem to set them to all watched..

Which dialog is that? If I go to the options menu while having a folder highlighted I don't see it as an option either.
Press Info/Select (not Options) while on the folder. If you have Basic Options then toggle to advanced (I think but I am not currently infront of Sage). There should be a new item for Set/Clear Watched... follow the prompts.

k
Old 07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
No promisses but I have always been frustrated by not being able to set Watched on DVD's but I have never looked at what it would take. I will have a look and see what I can do.

k
I could point you in a direction to do it pretty easily if you wanted. Not perfect but would work for this case. PM if interested.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

(warning, I haven't tried this plugin yet so it might do what I want already)

I really like the new Sage7 UI, but it is missing two key features I got used to from SageMC that really affect usability for the wife and me. I think your plugin my solve this but I thought I would ask first as I'm not in a position to download and try it out right now.

- Filter out watched videos. I want this in all views, but since I used folder view all the time, your plugin seems appropriate. SageMC has a "unwatched" setting.

- In folder view, display and sort by the title instead of filename if the title data exists. This goes along way towards making the system feel like a TV and not just my computer hooked up to a monitor.

Does your plugin do either of these things? I keep meaning to open Studio and either hard-code (if I'm lazy) or make options to do these two things and make that an stvi, but on my first attempt I think I discovered I needed to run a stock Sage setup with no plugins installed to get a correct STVi and I didn't feel like setting that up.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I like the plugin, thanks. I have no idea if it's simple or not, but it would be great if it could do something similar for the recorded tv listings. In particular, it would be great if it could show the number of shows that are watched.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyrd View Post
(warning, I haven't tried this plugin yet so it might do what I want already)

I really like the new Sage7 UI, but it is missing two key features I got used to from SageMC that really affect usability for the wife and me. I think your plugin my solve this but I thought I would ask first as I'm not in a position to download and try it out right now.

- Filter out watched videos. I want this in all views, but since I used folder view all the time, your plugin seems appropriate. SageMC has a "unwatched" setting.

- In folder view, display and sort by the title instead of filename if the title data exists. This goes along way towards making the system feel like a TV and not just my computer hooked up to a monitor.
Nevermind, I just installed and tried it out. Nice job! It does do the "show title instead of filename" bullet point, but not the "filter out watched videos". I'd like to suggest that as a future improvement.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks.

The option to only show unwatched videos is something I also would like so it is certainly on my list of to-do's. No timeline though... sorry.

k
Old 07-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Sage User

OMG Awesome job jusjokin!

I logged onto the forum this morning looking for information on how to use Studio, as I was hoping to create a plug-in to solve this exact problem - sorting and titles displayed on imported videos, turned out to be much easier than I had hoped (cause you already did it )!!

Thank you SO MUCH! This was the last major WAF killer for me.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks.

The option to only show unwatched videos is something I also would like so it is certainly on my list of to-do's. No timeline though... sorry.

k
I understand. I'm capable of doing this myself (either folded into your plugin or as really small separate stvi), but I do have a question about development environment. What do you guys typically do for developing? Do you have a "clean" install of SageTV v7 without any plugins? If I run Studio on my "production" install, Studio always picks up the STVis that I have installed.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Personally I run a Sage Client session on a VMWare XP virtual PC. It helps me to keep it separate.

k
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 1.02

Version 1.02 released

- Added use of Watched command (on remote/keyboard) to access Watched settings
- Added ability to only show unWatched videos

k
Old 07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Personally I run a Sage Client session on a VMWare XP virtual PC. It helps me to keep it separate.

k
Heh, my Sage server (I use an extender for my TV), is in a Win7 VMware VM. So you have a separate client install that you use only for development? Does it need it's own license key? Is it possible to just install the client in another directory on the same OS as the Sage server?