SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

New release 1.05

This should fix the issues reported by nyplayer and bastafidli regarding the Watched/Unwatched dialog option. It should now display properly for Videos as well as recordings.

k
Old 08-29-2010, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
New release 1.05

This should fix the issues reported by nyplayer and bastafidli regarding the Watched/Unwatched dialog option. It should now display properly for Videos as well as recordings.

k
Thank You that fixed it.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage Expert

Hi,

1. what I meant by "checkbox to togger display watched/unwatched" is the checkbox "Include Watched Videos in Folder views". This is the one use the most to toggle only unwatched and all. Currently I get it only in the dialog which pops up when I try to toggle the watched/unwatched status of item. I was more expecting in the Options dialog (the one which shows Browse Videos, Play All XXX Videos Now ....).

2. I have multiple import directories, lets consider just two:

Home Videos
Movies

Each one of them contains multiple folders. Currently I can toggle the Watched/Unwatched flag only on folder under the import directory, not on the entire import directory.

What I was trying to achieve was to get around shortcoming of Sage, which when I switch to Titles views mixes my Home Movies with my Videos. What I was trying to do is to set all my Home Movies to watched and then go to Titles view and uncheck the "Include Watched Videos in Folder views" so that in Titles view I just see the Movies I have not watched yet. Of cused then I found out that Custom Video Folder plugin doesn't work in Titles view :-(.

It is still a great plugin!

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

bastafidli,

Number 1 on your list should now be fixed with the latest version of CVF and the latest SageTV STV 7 version. The checkbox is not directly on the dialog you mention but it is available there by selecting "Watched Options".

For number 2. Adding support for the Titles view to be filtered to only show unwatched videos should be simple... so I will look at this for the next release.

I think you could solve your issue as well by adding another folder level to your import directories. For example, if Home Videos and Movies were in a folder called MyVideos as..

MyVideos\Home Videos
MyVideos\Movies

then if MyMovies was your import directory, then the first level of folders in the folder view would offer...

Home Videos
Movies

then the option to set/unset Watched would be available on those folders.

k
Old 08-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
bastafidli,

I think you could solve your issue as well by adding another folder level to your import directories. For example, if Home Videos and Movies were in a folder called MyVideos as..

MyVideos\Home Videos
MyVideos\Movies
There was a reason why I chose to have separate import directories, but now I forgot what it was . Most likely because they reside on two different disks (different level of protection) which are mapped directly to root.

Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
There was a reason why I chose to have separate import directories, but now I forgot what it was . Most likely because they reside on two different disks (different level of protection) which are mapped directly to root.
You can still have that ability. Just have a MyVideos folder on both disks and set the Folder Display Style to Combined in the Video Browser Options and both import directories will be combined to look as one.

k
Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release 1.06

- Add support for filtering Watched Videos in the Title and DVD views
- Added ability to set Include Watched setting in the Video Browser Options

k
Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Sage Expert

Hi, great job thank ouo so muc~ I can now finally use the Titles view and see only the not yet watched movies!!! That is big improvement in usability for me.

I think I found one issue. The Watched settings is available only in dialog when I click on folder. If I click on movie, the menu item is not there. This has several implications
a) I always have to scroll to folder to toggle filtering by wathed
b) If I enter folder where all videos are watched, there is no way to toggle it back and forth, I have to go back one directory, toggle it and come back
c) If I am in Titles view, there are no folders and I cannot toggle with filtering.

Thats why I thougth the toggling of the filtering would be better in the Options dialog which is available everywhere rather than in the item sensitive dialog.

1Gb wired network
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Sage Expert

Actually I have just noticed that there is the "Include Watched Videos in Folder view" option. I guess I got confused by it saying Folder view when I was in Titles view. In titles view if I check it after it was unchecked, the view doesn't refreshes and displays the same items.

1Gb wired network
Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I am not certain as to how to force the refresh while you are still on the list. If you just leave the list and return it refreshes.

I will add this to the list for future fixes once I figure how to do it.

k
Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

Just a site note, the list refreshes when I uncheck the checkbox but it doesn't if I check it.

1Gb wired network
Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorting not working?

Having an issue that may or may not be related to an update I did for CVF. Just yesterday I updated to the latest CVF, and now some of my folder sorting is incorrect. Some of the episodes are in order others are not.. For example, I will have 4 episodes in order, and then a random episode then 5 more in order, etc.

If I disable CVF and use the standard view, the episodes are sorted correctly.

Not sure if there is an option, or something I need to look at?

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Having an issue that may or may not be related to an update I did for CVF. Just yesterday I updated to the latest CVF, and now some of my folder sorting is incorrect. Some of the episodes are in order others are not.. For example, I will have 4 episodes in order, and then a random episode then 5 more in order, etc.

If I disable CVF and use the standard view, the episodes are sorted correctly.

Not sure if there is an option, or something I need to look at?

Thanks.
Can you send an example or screenshot so I can see what the issue may be. Also, are you using 7.0.16 or an earlier version?

Tip: the name that is used for the sorting is the same name as the one displayed at the top of the Video Details screen in CVF.

k
Old 09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Sage User

Sort by File Date

Is it possible to have an option to sort by the file date instead of by title while in folder view? . I have a videos folder with a lot of videos in there and it would be easier if the videos with the newer date were always at the top.

Thanks

E.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hawk View Post
Is it possible to have an option to sort by the file date instead of by title while in folder view? . I have a videos folder with a lot of videos in there and it would be easier if the videos with the newer date were always at the top.

Thanks

E.
Are you asking for the actual date of the file in the folder or the Original Airing Date.

And if you want the newer ones at the top, then you want a reverse data sort... correct?

Sorting options have been on my todo list so I can add this into the list as well once I understand the sort you are looking for. The options I could see for the Folder View would be...

- Series, Season #, Episode # (current)
- Filename (stock STV)
- Original Air Date (plus reverse)

Title, DVD/BD and Category views all use the Episode Title for their sort. Are there suggestions for changes there... Original Air Date might make sense (plus reverse).

k
Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Can you send an example or screenshot so I can see what the issue may be. Also, are you using 7.0.16 or an earlier version?

Tip: the name that is used for the sorting is the same name as the one displayed at the top of the Video Details screen in CVF.

k

Hey - that little tip helped.. Although, I am not sure of the cause.

The items at the top, in the details list are of this style:
"ShowTitle/ShowTitle - Episode"

And others are just:
"ShowTitle - Episode"

Not sure what would cause that, they are all in the same directory.

I am on 7.0.16.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Are you asking for the actual date of the file in the folder or the Original Airing Date.

And if you want the newer ones at the top, then you want a reverse data sort... correct?

Sorting options have been on my todo list so I can add this into the list as well once I understand the sort you are looking for. The options I could see for the Folder View would be...

- Series, Season #, Episode # (current)
- Filename (stock STV)
- Original Air Date (plus reverse)

Title, DVD/BD and Category views all use the Episode Title for their sort. Are there suggestions for changes there... Original Air Date might make sense (plus reverse).

k
I am looking for the actual file date. Some of my videos are not tv shows and will not have an air date or may have an original air date of many months or years prior in which case they would not show at the top. In my scenario a reverse sort by file date is all that is required, it can still display the name of the video using either the Title or the actual file name. Having the same sort by date for category view could also be helpful. I do not use the DVD or title view at the moment.

Thanks
E.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Hey - that little tip helped.. Although, I am not sure of the cause.

The items at the top, in the details list are of this style:
"ShowTitle/ShowTitle - Episode"

And others are just:
"ShowTitle - Episode"

Not sure what would cause that, they are all in the same directory.

I am on 7.0.16.
The format should be "Show Title - SxxEyy - Episode Title" for series and "Movie Title (year)" for Movies.

Are you using BMT? If so then I would suggest in BMT you have something wrong with those items. If you are not using BMT then I would need to look at the Phoenix call I am making and see how it is handling the titles for non BMT items. Let me know and I will check it out.

k
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hawk View Post
I am looking for the actual file date. Some of my videos are not tv shows and will not have an air date or may have an original air date of many months or years prior in which case they would not show at the top. In my scenario a reverse sort by file date is all that is required, it can still display the name of the video using either the Title or the actual file name. Having the same sort by date for category view could also be helpful. I do not use the DVD or title view at the moment.

Thanks
E.
I will take a look at adding this when I do the sort work... no promise as to when but perhaps soon.

k
Old 09-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I will take a look at adding this when I do the sort work... no promise as to when but perhaps soon.

k
Thank you. Happy to help you test when you get to that point.

E.