SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmodder View Post
Nope, nothin. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Another issue that I've noticed is that more often than not when it autoskips a commercial the audio continues on but the video pauses on the last frame before the skip. to fix this I have to skip back then forward manually. Not a huge thing, just a bit of a nuisance...
Very bizzarre.

The autoskip issue is related to the comskip playback plugin. My plugin builds on that one.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage User

And I would imagine if there is no update for the comskip plugin then the latest version of comskip would be installed?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nope, nothin. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Another issue that I've noticed is that more often than not when it autoskips a commercial the audio continues on but the video pauses on the last frame before the skip. to fix this I have to skip back then forward manually. Not a huge thing, just a bit of a nuisance...
That's more of an issue with the codec that you're using. You could try enabling "Pause Playback before Skipping" in Detailed Setup / Customize / Comskip Playback Options / Operation Options and see if that helps

John
Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And I would imagine if there is no update for the comskip plugin then the latest version of comskip would be installed?
Yes. If there was an update available you'd see a message indicating that.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
That's more of an issue with the codec that you're using. You could try enabling "Pause Playback before Skipping" in Detailed Setup / Customize / Comskip Playback Options / Operation Options and see if that helps

John
That would also defeat the purpose of autoskip too. I'd still have to grab the remote and press play correct? It doesn't do it everytime. Maybe 33-50% of the time.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That would also defeat the purpose of autoskip too. I'd still have to grab the remote and press play correct? It doesn't do it everytime. Maybe 33-50% of the time.
No, it restarts playback once it has skipped.

Johhn
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage User

Oh, this I did not know. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Nope, no change...
Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Sage User

Fresh Install Comskip not detecting on first pass

I have been using comskip/sa for ever. I recently have built a new windows 7 box and set up everything like the older xp box. But for some reason I can not get comskip to find commercials on the first pass. I have it set to find as soon as the program starts just like my old system, I delete the comskip files and manually (the button in sagetv) run comskip it does a terrific job. Can anyone point me in a direction to try and figure out why it will not find the commercials on the first pass?
AMD Athlon FX-60, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 2 GB DDR400, GeoForce 7800 GT 91.47, Recording Drive SATA II (5 Maxtor @300 gig raid 5), LiteOn DVDRW 16X Dual Layer, 2 Hauppauge PVR 500 Cards, VBOX Cat's Eye USB-A-3560, FW-> SA 3150HD, DirMon2, ShowAnalyzer v.0.8.2
Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I need a bit more info:

- Are you using comskip or ShowAnalyzer? If comskip, are you using what comes with CommercialDetector or the donator's version?

- Is it not running at all or is it running and not finding commercials?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I need a bit more info:

- Are you using comskip or ShowAnalyzer? If comskip, are you using what comes with CommercialDetector or the donator's version?

- Is it not running at all or is it running and not finding commercials?
I installed the version that cam with commercial detector and overwrote the files in the com skip directory with the donators version. It appears to be running as I get output files. I get the CS icon on the listings page. However there are no commercials found. In the GUI when i select to remove the comskipp files I get the option to run comskipp. Running it again I get commercials found.

I have checked the txt files and they are there on the first pass. it just is not finding any commercials. Running it manually it finds them every time.
AMD Athlon FX-60, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 2 GB DDR400, GeoForce 7800 GT 91.47, Recording Drive SATA II (5 Maxtor @300 gig raid 5), LiteOn DVDRW 16X Dual Layer, 2 Hauppauge PVR 500 Cards, VBOX Cat's Eye USB-A-3560, FW-> SA 3150HD, DirMon2, ShowAnalyzer v.0.8.2
Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

When you overwrote comskip you probably overwrote the comskip.ini file as well. You need to use the comskip.ini that comes with CommercialDetector. If you want to use the comskip.ini that comes with the donators version you will need to make some changes. Scan this thread for those cha nges,I've listed them several times.

I'm not sure why the donators version is not finding any commercials

Old 12-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
When you overwrote comskip you probably overwrote the comskip.ini file as well. You need to use the comskip.ini that comes with CommercialDetector. If you want to use the comskip.ini that comes with the donators version you will need to make some changes. Scan this thread for those cha nges,I've listed them several times.

I'm not sure why the donators version is not finding any commercials
I will start looking into that thread. However it is using the same INI file both times. Just the first time through it is not finding any.

thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm experincing the same problem. CS appears to run, creates its files, but not the green bar is solid - no appearant commercials. From the GUI, delete comskip files, run comskip all is good. This started happening around 1 month ago. I updated both the comskip donaters version and the Comskip plug-in at the the same time.

Tmiranda, you say we need to use the comskip.ini that comes with the plug-in? A. What is the implication of this (aka what will we miss out on); B. Where can we find just the ini for CommercialDectector?

Thanks
HD-300, dang it, too late
Old 12-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuDave42 View Post
I'm experincing the same problem. CS appears to run, creates its files, but not the green bar is solid - no appearant commercials. From the GUI, delete comskip files, run comskip all is good. This started happening around 1 month ago. I updated both the comskip donaters version and the Comskip plug-in at the the same time.

Tmiranda, you say we need to use the comskip.ini that comes with the plug-in? A. What is the implication of this (aka what will we miss out on); B. Where can we find just the ini for CommercialDectector?

Thanks
Well i have a little more information. removing detector completly and just using dirmon to watch the folders i am getting the same issue. the first pass will create a txt file with nothing in it. deleting the text file causes dirmon to re-detect. Bam i have my edited commerials txt file. I am at a compplete loss as how to resolve this. It is using the same INI file both times. Just the first scan is not finding anything.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertb View Post
Well i have a little more information. removing detector completly and just using dirmon to watch the folders i am getting the same issue. the first pass will create a txt file with nothing in it. deleting the text file causes dirmon to re-detect. Bam i have my edited commerials txt file. I am at a compplete loss as how to resolve this. It is using the same INI file both times. Just the first scan is not finding anything.
I have no idea either. I'll have to think about it a while.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage User

What I have found out is that if I turn off live detection it works perfectly. When the sho is finished it will find all of the commercials. Something about the live detection is causing my issues.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Sage Expert

I'm trying to solve a problem that I've been having for years where comskip typically determines the last 30-60 seconds of a show to be a commercial, but to me it shouldn't be flagged as a commercial as it contains "upcoming scenes" that I want to watch to see what the next episode has upcoming.

Is there a setting either in this plugin or in comskip where I can tell it to NOT flag the last ~60 seconds of the show as a commercial?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I'm trying to solve a problem that I've been having for years where comskip typically determines the last 30-60 seconds of a show to be a commercial, but to me it shouldn't be flagged as a commercial as it contains "upcoming scenes" that I want to watch to see what the next episode has upcoming.

Is there a setting either in this plugin or in comskip where I can tell it to NOT flag the last ~60 seconds of the show as a commercial?
In the ini put this

always_keep_last_seconds=120
Old 02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
In the ini put this

always_keep_last_seconds=120
Perfect... thanks! (I wish all the settings were in the .ini with their default values so that I could see what I have to tweak vs. adding ones in which I have to go digging for!)
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)