SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, the main problem with replacing the .exe's with the donator version, is the plugin system will later just overwrite them with the free version on the next update (as you've found).
Correct. You are better off putting the donator version in its own directory and then setting up CommercialDetector to use it. When you upgrade the settings will not be altered and your donator version will continue to be used.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Sage User

Comskip - Ubuntu 16.04 server

Hi,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Commercial Detector working on my Sage v9 Linux server. The system was loaded with Ubuntu 16.04 server and Sage was installed using sagewisdom's script (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63026). Once I confirmed all was working properly and I was recording from my HDHR Prime tuners I decided to install the Commercial Detector UI add-on.

I installed the Commercial Detector UI following tmiranda's instructions located at this link (https://code.google.com/archive/p/tm...lDetector.wiki). Sage server is running as root and wine was installed as user sagetv. Everything seems to appear correctly when I compare it to my previous Windows 7 based Sage server, except it never creates the edl files and the CS icon on the recording disappears after a minute or two.

Looking in the log file (attached) I see the following occurring shortly after I start comskip via the GUI for an existing recording;

Mon 5/30 15:13:40.336 [Thread-68@494913ea] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip return code = 103
Mon 5/30 15:13:40.336 [Thread-68@494913ea] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 103
Mon 5/30 15:13:40.337 [Thread-68@494913ea] java.lang.Exception

Any ideas about what would cause comskip to fail and what error code 103 is?

Thanks...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (38.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

A couple things;

http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/view...=1053&start=15
I don't know Linux well enough to know why it can't write the file to the specified location.

That's a TS file, is it h.264, and are you using the comskip donators version?
Old 05-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Comskip - Ubuntu 16.04 server

That was one of the issues I read about while I was researching the problem. Actually, I have tried both with the same results. The donate version of comskip I put in a folder call comskip16 in the sagetv server folder and configured Commercial Detector to point to it. Same issue in the log file. It does seem like it is some kind of permission problem, I just haven't been able to understand what the issue is...
Old 05-30-2016, 07:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

This may or may not be your issue, but I had the exact same problem (cs shows up and then goes away) on Ubuntu 16.04. My problem turned out to be permissions on the recording directories. Sage runs as user:root and so /var/media/tv was read-only for any other user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCat View Post
Hi,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Commercial Detector working on my Sage v9 Linux server. The system was loaded with Ubuntu 16.04 server and Sage was installed using sagewisdom's script (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63026). Once I confirmed all was working properly and I was recording from my HDHR Prime tuners I decided to install the Commercial Detector UI add-on.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Permissions

ChePazzo thank you!

The problem was indeed the permissions on the tv recording folder. Once I did a chmod on the tv recording folder to 777 CS worked properly.

Seems that SageWisdom's script had configured the tv recording folder permissions to 755 during the installation process.

Tmiranda might consider modifying the Commercial Detector Linux installation instructions to include checking the tv recording folder permissions and setting them appropriately.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCat View Post
Tmiranda might consider modifying the Commercial Detector Linux installation instructions to include checking the tv recording folder permissions and setting them appropriately.
Will do!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Native Linux Comskip

Is there a way for this plugin to use the natively compiled comskip rather than running through Wine? Maybe there's a solution that I haven't seen?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Is there a way for this plugin to use the natively compiled comskip rather than running through Wine? Maybe there's a solution that I haven't seen?
I use the native comskip for the Docker image... tmiranda has made some plugin changes to work with the native comskip... he's provided me with the changes, but I haven't had time to actually test them

@timiranda... maybe it would be better if you could post the new plugin and let the community test it
Old 06-01-2016, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I use the native comskip for the Docker image... tmiranda has made some plugin changes to work with the native comskip... he's provided me with the changes, but I haven't had time to actually test them

@timiranda... maybe it would be better if you could post the new plugin and let the community test it
I can do that in a few days. I'm on a business trip right now then going to Montreal for the Formula1 race. I will do it after then.

The initial release will only support 64 bit linux.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has this been posted yet? I've been trying to get the native version from the docker image to work (on a standalone Ubuntu Linux server, loaded via the awesome install script), but have not had any good luck yet. If I run it from the CLI, I just get issues with shared libraries not being found.

Edit: Checked, and it doesn't appear to have been updated yet. Looking forward to it, when you have the time.

Last edited by ptaylor; 06-14-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
Has this been posted yet? I've been trying to get the native version from the docker image to work (on a standalone Ubuntu Linux server, loaded via the awesome install script), but have not had any good luck yet. If I run it from the CLI, I just get issues with shared libraries not being found.

Edit: Checked, and it doesn't appear to have been updated yet. Looking forward to it, when you have the time.
I have it ready but it's not fully tested. If you want to be a guinea pig PM me your email address and I'll get it to you.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I've just recently noticed that the "Run Comskip" option doesn't show up if the file is an mkv. It only shows up for mpg and ts files. Comskip will run on mkv format videos. I have converted a whole bunch of my recordings to mkv to save space and have to re-run comskip. Why limit it?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I've just recently noticed that the "Run Comskip" option doesn't show up if the file is an mkv. It only shows up for mpg and ts files. Comskip will run on mkv format videos. I have converted a whole bunch of my recordings to mkv to save space and have to re-run comskip. Why limit it?
I'm guessing that when I last updated the STV comskip didn't support .mkv. It's an easy fix to make.

Looks like I need to put an update out that fixes this a few other odds and ends.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm guessing that when I last updated the STV comskip didn't support .mkv. It's an easy fix to make.

Looks like I need to put an update out that fixes this a few other odds and ends.
Thanks, I noticed it wasn't there on my system either. The only time I have MKVs presently is when I have to convert one of Comcast's f'ed up recordings that won't play in SageTV (V7) and I have to convert it to MPEG4.
I had just assumed that it wasn't there because I hadn't added MKV to my comskip detector settings. Today I saw that MKV was in there.
Not a huge issue for me since I'm just using MKV for conversions and as long as I don't delete the original file that comskip file works fine with the MKV as well.
It will be nice to have it available though.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post

I just looked at this and the code is actually part of the comskip_playback STVi owned by JREkiwi. I'll PM him and ask him to look into it.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

I'll make some changes to the plugin.

Of note, the Run Comskip button doesn't show for .mkv files, but also it is not enabled by default. (A hangover from a long time ago)
"Setup / Detail Setup / Customize / Comskip Playback Options / Button Options / Show Run Manual Comskip Button" needs to be set to Yes

John
Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Sage Icon

Run comskip button for mkv files is fixed in version 2.1.3

John
Old 09-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure if I'm missing a setting, but I'm finding that comskip is not finding recordings, yet if I run
Code:
wine /opt/sagetv/server/comskip/comskip.exe --ini=/opt/sagetv/server/comskip/comskip.ini /mnt/seagate5/sagerecord/NFLFootball-CarolinaPanthersatDenverBroncos-328773-0.mpg
it works fine, is there a way to have comskip delayed a few seconds for live tv? The other strange thing is it seems to be mainly affecting 1 channel, my NBC affiliate from my HD Homerun, otherwise it is working great. Thanks, Aaron
Old 09-09-2016, 05:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
Not sure if I'm missing a setting, but I'm finding that comskip is not finding recordings, yet if I run
Code:
wine /opt/sagetv/server/comskip/comskip.exe --ini=/opt/sagetv/server/comskip/comskip.ini /mnt/seagate5/sagerecord/NFLFootball-CarolinaPanthersatDenverBroncos-328773-0.mpg
it works fine, is there a way to have comskip delayed a few seconds for live tv? The other strange thing is it seems to be mainly affecting 1 channel, my NBC affiliate from my HD Homerun, otherwise it is working great. Thanks, Aaron
The best thing to do is to send me a logfile to look at. It should work with live TV out of the box.

You might check the comskip.ini setting for live tv. I think it's "live_tv=1". It's been a while since I looked at that so check to make sure I have it right.