SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I was going to ask stuckless. He packages everything up and puts it in the docker.

I apologize but I have very little time to spare at the moment. Lots of clients trying to get their "year end reviews" done
No worries. I'll just turn off spaces in file names for now.

Maybe I'm confused how this works. In the docker there is a native comskip in /opt/sagetv/comskip. (There is no comskip.exe in there or comskip64.) When I install the plugin it creates /opt/sagetv/server/comskip where it has the comskip.exe Windows binary, but no comskip64. So I thought you were expecting the comskip64 to go in there.

I can point my comskip binary to point to the one in the docker, but the UI has no option for "use native comskip". So it seems to me like I'm somehow pulling an older version. Or was the one with the "use native" option just posted on here as a JAR and never made it to the plugin?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
No worries. I'll just turn off spaces in file names for now.

Maybe I'm confused how this works. In the docker there is a native comskip in /opt/sagetv/comskip. (There is no comskip.exe in there or comskip64.) When I install the plugin it creates /opt/sagetv/server/comskip where it has the comskip.exe Windows binary, but no comskip64. So I thought you were expecting the comskip64 to go in there.

I can point my comskip binary to point to the one in the docker, but the UI has no option for "use native comskip". So it seems to me like I'm somehow pulling an older version. Or was the one with the "use native" option just posted on here as a JAR and never made it to the plugin?
I've never used the docker and can't really tell you the details but I know the "use native comskip" option should be in there, it's not new. If you select that option then the plugin looks for comskip64 in the same directory as you have told it to look for comskip. It then runs comskip64 as a native linux executable.

It should work with spaces in the file name and/or file name, I've tested that.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to set a specific .ini file for a certain program name AND channel?

I'd like to create a "CollegeFootball" AND "ESPNHD" profile that ignores the bottom 10% of the screen during logo detection since the ticker tends to stay put during the commercials and it appears that logo detection fails as a result.

I've had success with an "ESPNHD" profile when recording College Football, but the problem is that not all ESPNHD content uses the ticker during commercials - it only appears to be the case for select programs.

-uberpixel
Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Is it possible to set a specific .ini file for a certain program name AND channel?

I'd like to create a "CollegeFootball" AND "ESPNHD" profile that ignores the bottom 10% of the screen during logo detection since the ticker tends to stay put during the commercials and it appears that logo detection fails as a result.

I've had success with an "ESPNHD" profile when recording College Football, but the problem is that not all ESPNHD content uses the ticker during commercials - it only appears to be the case for select programs.

-uberpixel
Not currently. I will add it to the To Do list.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm more interested in why it seems like I'm not getting the correct plugin bits, (no "native comskip" option or comskip64 binary). Any thought on where to look to track that down?
I took a look at the code and still don't understand why you are seeing this odd behavior. What version of the jar are you running? When the server starts, look for the line "CD: PlugIn: Starting. Version = ". It should be 1.14.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I took a look at the code and still don't understand why you are seeing this odd behavior. What version of the jar are you running? When the server starts, look for the line "CD: PlugIn: Starting. Version = ". It should be 1.14.
Well, that seems to be a problem:

Code:
Tue 11/28 19:45:20.755 [ReProcessHook@da6be87] CD: PlugIn: Starting. Version = 1.00
I did an uninstall and reinstall of all the comskip things recently, so that is up-to-date according to my system. Nothing in the plugins area shows as having an update available. I haven't manually done anything to my SageTVPlugins.xml files.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, that seems to be a problem:

Code:
Tue 11/28 19:45:20.755 [ReProcessHook@da6be87] CD: PlugIn: Starting. Version = 1.00
I did an uninstall and reinstall of all the comskip things recently, so that is up-to-date according to my system. Nothing in the plugins area shows as having an update available. I haven't manually done anything to my SageTVPlugins.xml files.
EDIT: That explains a lot. I see there is an issue with the manifest. I will correct this soon.

In the mean time you can use the attached jar.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommercialDetector.zip (75.5 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by tmiranda; 12-02-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.16

I just released version 1.16 of the plugin. It corrects the manifest issue that caused an older version on the plugin to be loaded.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

-uberpixel
Try the attached jar. It will look for an .ini file in the same directory as comskip with ShowName-ChannelName.ini. In your example it will look for CollegeFootball-ESPNHD.ini

Let me know how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommercialDetector.zip (75.7 KB, 153 views)

Old 12-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I just released version 1.16 of the plugin. It corrects the manifest issue that caused an older version on the plugin to be loaded.
Cool, it's working now, thanks.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try the attached jar. It will look for an .ini file in the same directory as comskip with ShowName-ChannelName.ini. In your example it will look for CollegeFootball-ESPNHD.ini

Let me know how it goes.
Great! I'll give a try. I might have to find another scenario now that college football has basically come to an end, but I'm guessing basketball has the same set up.

-uberpixel
Old 12-16-2017, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great! I'll give a try. I might have to find another scenario now that college football has basically come to an end, but I'm guessing basketball has the same set up.

-uberpixel
Did this work for you?

Old 12-17-2017, 02:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Did this work for you?
I tried it out today on a bowl game on ESPN. Couldn’t tell if it worked or not. My Comskip algorithm definitely didn’t work well but I can’t tell which one it picked. Is there a way to tell in a log file or something which config file it is actually using?

-uberpixel
Old 12-17-2017, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried it out today on a bowl game on ESPN. Couldn’t tell if it worked or not. My Comskip algorithm definitely didn’t work well but I can’t tell which one it picked. Is there a way to tell in a log file or something which config file it is actually using?

-uberpixel
The logfile will show which was used.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The logfile will show which was used.
Where is the logfile located?

-uberpixel
Old 12-17-2017, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Where is the logfile located?

-uberpixel
On the server in the same directory as the SageTV executable. It's the standard logfile.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
On the server in the same directory as the SageTV executable. It's the standard logfile.
Sorry. Not really sure what I’m looking for in the log file. I don’t see any refer necessary to a Comskip config file.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry. Not really sure what I’m looking for in the log file. I don’t see any refer necessary to a Comskip config file.
The file is called sagetv_0.txt and is located in the same directory as the sage executable. Look for lines starting with "CD:" One of them will show the command line used to execute comskip. That will show what .ini file is being used.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Sage Expert

Is it possible to exclude particular favorites from having Comskip run on them?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
Is it possible to exclude particular favorites from having Comskip run on them?
No. I think there is a hidden setting that will exclude all Favorites but not specific favorites.