SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

View Poll Results: Where should current development Time be focused
On creating and building the interface classes for other Metadata providers(ortus,phoenix etc) 26 30.59%
Getting missing/unfinished features,I am happy with MyMovies metadata.(info,UI,actors,search,etc) 59 69.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMyMovies Where does it go next?

I always like to see where I should spend what Time I have to Code on. I feel the core of SMM is operating fairly well and any immediate issues that are needed to fix things will still be promptly addressed, but I am kind of wanting your feedback/opinion on where I need to go next. I only have so much free time to code (getting less and less lately) and for the most part my attention is going to turn to Ortus at the time being with SMM coding being done in my breaks from Ortus. So that being said I just wanted to know where you the users would rather me spend my time further developing SMM.

cheers

Some of the missing features for options 2.
1. Info view function
2. Trailers (streamed from internet sources or downloaded functions. Trailers played before movie based on genre etc_
3. Actors pages with bios and actors per movie and searching by actors
4. Search feature (dynamic by your options)
5. Custom categories from MM collection manager (think custom groups)
6. UI mods and tweaks to make everything a bit more cleaner looking
7. Multi disc support.
8. Options to view geners/groups in standard views as well.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have used IMDb, DVDProfiler and a couple others and must say that the MMDb is the best fanart/movie collection system yet. The basis of everyone updating their own collection on the fly and it uploading to the main servers to acheive the correct information is great. And with the seemingly end to some of the other options (ie DVDProfiler) I don't see any end in sight with MM.

So I whole-heartedly am content with MyMovies.

CODE ON!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Same here. Once i learned to appreciate mymovies, it is amazing powerful and a simply elegant solution. I would love to see it develop to handle music and tv-series as perfectly as it does movies.

That being said, i think adding phoenix/etc.. would unnecessarily complicate the issue. Clean, perfected, than transition to integrated with ortus, as opposed to branching out, is better.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Same here. Once i learned to appreciate mymovies, it is amazing powerful and a simply elegant solution. I would love to see it develop to handle music and tv-series as perfectly as it does movies.

That being said, i think adding phoenix/etc.. would unnecessarily complicate the issue. Clean, perfected, than transition to integrated with ortus, as opposed to branching out, is better.
Agreed. The big missing piece from MyMovies is tv show support.

I would just keep SMM as is and focus on any missing/new features, instead of worrying about adding support for BMT, etc... A SageTV user under no obligation to use SMM, and it sounds like there will be alternatives available soon enough that will take advantage of BMT, etc...

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-05-2010, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Agreed. The big missing piece from MyMovies is tv show support.

I would just keep SMM as is and focus on any missing/new features, instead of worrying about adding support for BMT, etc... A SageTV user under no obligation to use SMM, and it sounds like there will be alternatives available soon enough that will take advantage of BMT, etc...
I, personally, don't see how better handling of TV discs in MM will really be able to translate all that well into SMM (in it's current form). It will make it better, but I still feel there are better ways to view TV shows than the current SMM views. Most likely, there will need to be a new view or two added to SMM to properly display the TV shows, once MM supports it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I, personally, don't see how better handling of TV discs in MM will really be able to translate all that well into SMM (in it's current form). It will make it better, but I still feel there are better ways to view TV shows than the current SMM views. Most likely, there will need to be a new view or two added to SMM to properly display the TV shows, once MM supports it.
How do you know those views don't already exist and that I am just simply waiting for TV support to be available...just saying I do plan ahead sometimes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Just answering the poll with all available information at my disposal.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just answering the poll with all available information at my disposal.. ;-)
Trust me TV support for me is huge. I have a feeling ortus may feel that gap before MyMovies guys get around to it though which is fine by me as well.

But yes the current views/structure does not work for episodic/series tv. I have views done for them but can't implement them until the mymovies people do and like I said who knows when that will be kind of on them not me.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am talking about MM supporting individual tv show episodes, not tv discs. Because it does not support tv show episodes is why I use metabrowser or other to handle the scraping. Brian Binnerup has mentioned that he was looking into supported episodes but no clue if/when that will ever happen

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

I say get SMM to a somewhat "finished" state, then add addional support, IE phoenix and the like.

For me it's option 2 no question with the priority of the list being:

1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 6, 2.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I say get all the features of MM working and then worry about the other stuff. We have no clue (at least not me) what ortus and phoenix will offer as far as tv and movie organization. I'm thinking they will fill the void perfectly for me. Now that SMM is out all I need is something like tve and I'm a happy camper.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I just wanted to know where you the users would rather me spend my time further developing SMM.
I have nearly a 1,000 disk database in MyMovies which, thanks to you, is now reasonably well integrated into SageTV. Consequently, I'm much more interested in option 2 than in building interfaces into other data management systems.

Specifically, since many of my disks are "off line" for both time and space reasons, the item that would be most useful to me would be, if I select one of these off line disks, prompt me to load the disk into my computer's DVD/Blu-ray drive, which is shared across the network and source directory in SageTV, and then play the file from the disk.

Again, thank you very much for this wonderful tool.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

for me is 1,4,8,2, with 3,5,7 never needing to be done and
6 already done!!
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

None of the Above.

SMM is great. Bug fixes will be fine for me.

Use your considerable talents on Ortus or better yet Custom Menus.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I see this poll isn't going well for the direction I'd like to see, but let me add this comment; lack of support for other metadata providers excludes a group of folks from utilizing MyMovies. For those folks running SMM on the windows platform, obviously they want to see more features, and other metadata providers is of less significance to them. For those of us running linux servers, we cannot even load SMM without support for other metadata providers.

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

From what I have read, Linux works just fine, but you have to do the .xml files by hand for each movie for the database. Extra work, I know, but goes without saying if you have a Linux server right?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
From what I have read, Linux works just fine, but you have to do the .xml files by hand for each movie for the database. Extra work, I know, but goes without saying if you have a Linux server right?
Actually it would work from a windows client, but if linux is feeding extenders it is a no go.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

And my primary use is linux feeding extenders. I have a windows client, but it's only for development, I never actually use it to watch media.

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
And my primary use is linux feeding extenders. I have a windows client, but it's only for development, I never actually use it to watch media.
Well see that is my goal. Microsoft pays me $10k for every linux user I can convert.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Sage User

Talking

For me:
7. Multi disc support.
4. Search feature (dynamic by your options)
8. Options to view genres/groups in standard views as well.

Really - I would like to jump to my defined favorite view when I select a genre. i.e. if I select genre family, I want to go to a poster view of all family movies in my collection. (Poster view is already * in my movies root menu)

Everything else is just fantastic!

Thanks PluckyHD!