SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the clarifications. I've figures out most of it. One thing left and I'll start a different thread in the Phoenix forum foe that.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

First of all, congrats to Team Phoenix on finally getting to this point. It's been a long time coming (2008, if I saw correctly elsewhere?).

I do have a question and I apologize that it might be something obvious - I'm at work and haven't had a chance to load Phoenix up at home. But I thought I'd ask beforehand...

Throughout the "build up" and this thread, there were mentions about the ability to do customizable menus. It was said that they would be possible but would require XML work, then it was later said that some would be included, then there are mentions in the stickies (in the subforum) that there is some customizing ability already included. I'm curious where that stands.

Also, I am one who, by virtue of how my file system is arranged on my server, would like to have customizable views "by folder". Within your views/filters system, is this possible? For example, I would like to have a menu item on the main menu called "Home Videos", which would take me to a folder structure on a separate hard drive. Within that drive I have folders organized by month, and the files named by date. With nielm's old DCM, I could set up the menu item to point to that top directory, and I would see each subfolder (labeled by month). Can Phoenix do this, or do I need to use metadata, tag all those files somehow, etc.? I don't want one big massive list of all the home videos, I would like to see them in their folders. Is that possible?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
First of all, congrats to Team Phoenix on finally getting to this point. It's been a long time coming (2008, if I saw correctly elsewhere?).

I do have a question and I apologize that it might be something obvious - I'm at work and haven't had a chance to load Phoenix up at home. But I thought I'd ask beforehand...

Throughout the "build up" and this thread, there were mentions about the ability to do customizable menus. It was said that they would be possible but would require XML work, then it was later said that some would be included, then there are mentions in the stickies (in the subforum) that there is some customizing ability already included. I'm curious where that stands.

Also, I am one who, by virtue of how my file system is arranged on my server, would like to have customizable views "by folder". Within your views/filters system, is this possible? For example, I would like to have a menu item on the main menu called "Home Videos", which would take me to a folder structure on a separate hard drive. Within that drive I have folders organized by month, and the files named by date. With nielm's old DCM, I could set up the menu item to point to that top directory, and I would see each subfolder (labeled by month). Can Phoenix do this, or do I need to use metadata, tag all those files somehow, etc.? I don't want one big massive list of all the home videos, I would like to see them in their folders. Is that possible?
I certainly don't want to speak for team Phoenix. At the same time, I can say yes you can do exactly what you want. It will take a small amount of effort on your part since creating custom VFS (views) is still a manual process. I have created views like you're requesting and would be willing to share, some are in the Phoenix thread too. Regardless, you'll still want to spend some time familiarizing yourself to vfs. It's not hard, it's just getting used to it. I can certainly help as much as I can. I'm sure the devs will be available to help with custom views too.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

One of the cool things about the VFS in phoenix (for me) is that it really free's you to not have to manage to closely how your media is stored, or care much about where it comes from.

In the movie views, for instance, you see all the movies that BMT thinks are movies - doesn't matter if they are recorded from TV or ripped from DVD/BD or online (once we support online). Same thing for TV shows.

But yes, you can point a view at a particular spot in a well defined folder structure and you'll see that reflected in the Media Browser.
btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post

pj - if you need some help setting these views up or understanding how they work, please feel free to pm me or wrems...wrems and I went back and forth for several posts on how to get this just right and fully understand what VFS is capable of...its pretty awesome lemme tell ya. With wrems help i was able to setup several Baby categories Baby DVDs Kids TV and Kids Movies. then i was able to add them via menu fragements directly to the Phoneix UI. its pretty dang sweet lemme tell ya.

thanks again Wrems.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

I'm uploading a VFS crash course video to BMT's youtube channel now. It should be available later today. While I'm no expert here I thought it might be helpful to give some exposure to VFS and some simple things to get started with.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I'm uploading a VFS crash course video to BMT's youtube channel now. It should be available later today. While I'm no expert here I thought it might be helpful to give some exposure to VFS and some simple things to get started with.
And where is BMT youtube channel?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
And where is BMT youtube channel?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55849
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

An enormous THANK YOU to the entire Phoenix team! I can't wait to try it out. Just what the doctor ordered after the disturbing Google purchase news.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You mean this one?

This has to be the coolest thing I've seen in Sage for a very long time.... very clever.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

What's even cooler (Ice cold?) is how fast it is - I was shocked at the performance the first time I saw it on my HD300.

btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
What's even cooler (Ice cold?)
Funny

Its definitely something I'll have to see if I can copy.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

A couple of things just came to mind. Does PlayOn work in Phoenix (is it integrated now)? What about the Stock Market plugin? Or the "Recipe/text file viewer"? These all add a menu or submenu item - does Phoenix make them go away, and if so, can one easily bring them back (re-add the menu item)?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Playon isn't supported yet - it is on the short list of things to add support for.

You can get to the playon sources in the default STV from Phoenix very easily, but you basically are loading up the default UI for the duration of your online video usage.

All the other plugin's you list are not available in Phoenix - they are for the default UI and hence incompatible with Phoenix. Like trying to run a Mac program on a Windows machine.

btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
This has to be the coolest thing I've seen in Sage for a very long time.... very clever.

What? How?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I feel really silly asking this but after watching this thread for a while I decided to install Phoenix in my v7 sagetv. Went thru the install process of downloading Phoenix v2.3.400 and letting the installer do its job. Says it went fine. Restarted sage and the server and my interface didn't change...still the stock sage v7 gui. Restarted a few more times and same result. Cruised thru the menu options and a I could not find a "Start Phoenix" option.

What am I missing? How do I get the UI?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

You need to go through detailed setup>advanced and then change the stv to Phoenix.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage User

not compatible?

i had phoenix installed, mostly for plugins. accidentally removed core services. now i cant install it. it is listed as not compatible.

how can i get it back?

Mike
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Sage User

found my issue was that i re-installed sage with an older version.

when i updated to the current version all was good again.

Mike
Old 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Sage User

Scanning Media Center Import Directories

Is there a way to have a button on the remote that would scan for new files in the Media Center Import Directories?