SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
This is not the default skin in Phoenix, just one that ships with it
Wow you guys are going to be shipping us something
Old 09-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Very nice, and polished looking. Great job! Can't wait.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Sage Icon

Awesome.

P
Old 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

This is all looking very interesting/wonderful. Can't wait!
If you need a tester let me know
Old 09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

All I want to know is there an option to pull in Plucky's Music listening girl... Looks good by the way. Can't wait to try it out!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Just had an AWESOME bit of inspiration for a layout in Phoenix : I present to you, PHLOXEE

Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

This just came to me out of the blue - I think it looks pretty sharp.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

You may run into a prior art issue.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This just came to me out of the blue - I think it looks pretty sharp.
Out of the blue huh looks familiar to me.... I prefer ploxee myself

Guess I need to stop sharing screenshots
Old 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

In all seriousness, this does showcase one of the nice features of Phoenix - the Universal Media Browser (UMB) pictured here is built to make it easy to either extend or replace completely, as I did with PHLOXEE. So for someone who likes to make these kind of screens (like the PLUCKSTER) in studio it's all there.

btl.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In all seriousness, this does showcase one of the nice features of Phoenix - the Universal Media Browser (UMB) pictured here is built to make it easy to either extend or replace completely, as I did with PHLOXEE. So for someone who likes to make these kind of screens (like the PLUCKSTER) in studio it's all there.

btl.
I hope you don't think our work doesn't exceed studio....I personally don't like studio a whole lot and try to do everything I can outside of studio.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't really understand what you are saying. The UI is done in studio, as it has to be. Most everything else is down in java......
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just had an AWESOME bit of inspiration for a layout in Phoenix : I present to you, PHLOXEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
What is Ploxee?Ploxee is my rendition/take of BoxeeTV [/B]
PHOOEE
Too many screenshots-not enough product.

OK-great work has been done by all. Can't wait to touch it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
PHOOEE

OK-great work has been done by all. Can't wait to touch it.

Gerry
My sentiments exactly! BTW, you devs are really doing some great things. I can't wait to get to play with some of these new fantastic looking guis.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
PHOOEE
It shouldn't be long for ploxee now at all the latest betas are working spot on so far all the screenshots I have posted are fully functional and working. Just getting the auto playlist and playon stuff fully integrated tightly like boxee.

As Bialo showed whipping up new UI's doesn't take too long if you know studio and the api you are using, once your api is done now getting them fully functional with new features is the hardest part.

Bailo,
By staying out of studio as much as possible I meant I only do the bare UI code that is needed in studio all the backend stuff is from api's. I prefer not to do anything I don't have to in studio. I just felt like you were implying whipping up what we have done is easy and I was just stating it is far from it. I too am excited about all the work Stuckless has done with the UMB and more importantly to me the dynamic xml api's.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 PM
SageTVaholic

PHOOEE indeed. I too am tired of all the 'screentshot' devs who only ever tease and never give out the goods... in response, i present my masterfull UI work, all without any previous teasing of the juicy screenshot variety (mostly because I only spent about 35 minutes in studio from idea to public release)...

[PLUGIN] Fuzzy Malore Tweaks....

See, I'm all about pleasing the community.. not teasing them..

;-) j/k guys, the stuff looks good.. but it's pointless if you're the only ones who can use it.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
PHOOEE indeed. I too am tired of all the 'screentshot' devs who only ever tease and never give out the goods... in response, i present my masterfull UI work, all without any previous teasing of the juicy screenshot variety (mostly because I only spent about 35 minutes in studio from idea to public release)...
Seriously, 35 minutes? Not much I can get done in that amount of time.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsung View Post
Seriously, 35 minutes? Not much I can get done in that amount of time.
There's really not that much to that tweak... added a couple conditionals, an image widget, and a call to the Phoenix API to get the banner... Then about 5 minutes tweaking size/alignment... I think it took as long to remember how to publish it to the repository...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

@Fuzzy - You seem to have the same content on Sage as I do. Have you been surreptitiously logging into my server? You just forgot Diego!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Pheonix is dead?

No, Phoenix is not dead, not even close With the bombshell notice that Ploxee is being scrapped, and that Ortus is losing 2 members, I thought that perhaps people would be curious as to where Phoenix sits.

First, let me say, that projects like Phoenix take a tremendous amount of effort for people that are actively working on it. Because of this, I'm not surprised that Plucky is going to focus on SMM, and not Ploxee and Ortus. It would be very hard for any individual to be actively involved 3 major projects (and still have a life). The members of the Phoenix Initiative are committed to seeing it through. While each of us has a private life, a work life, and a Phoenix life, we do try to NOT spread ourselves too thin.

Second, projects like Phoenix require a lot of design work. Our "core values" has always been to place a tremendous amount of time and patience into the design (both the underlying code and the UI) before we start just producing stuff. We did this, because each of us is acutely aware of how hard it is to maintain something that has not been designed well, from the ground up. Because of this, progress at times, appears to be slow, but in reality, there is always progress... just not always visual STV progress (which the progress that we can visually share). Because of life and work, sometimes, each of us, may only contribute a couple of hours a week, so you can imagine how long this takes

Third, projects like Phoenix require that there be a certain amount of synergy among team members. I can say, from my perspective, that our team has a lot of synergy. When a team loses synergy, it can quickly unravel, but I don't see that happening (in the short term) with Phoenix (I'm not suggesting that it happened with other teams, because I'm not aware of dynamics in the other teams). I enjoy working with each member, and sometimes, they even enjoy working with me

Lastly, for projects to sucdeed, the people need to enjoy their time that they spend working on it. Again, from my perpsective, I enjoy working on Phoenix. I can't speak for the other members, but I think they enjoy it was well (although we all need to break a times).

I realize that "Screenshots" are just teasers But keep in mind, when Phoenix is delivered, our goal is to deliver an add-on that can satisfy both visually and functionally, and also enable others to extend it, either by creating new views, new menus, themes, etc. All of this takes times, and as mentioned above, a tremendous amount of planning.

Hopefully you'll bear with us, as we continue to tease with screenshots, as a symbol, that we are still moving forward. I think the wait will be worthwhile.