SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

HD200 Shuts Off while playing music, requires unplug

This has happened to me a few times. In the middle of a song, the HD200 will just turn off. If I try to turn it on again with the remote, it shuts off right away (red light comes on briefly and then goes off). I have to reboot the HD200 by unplugging it. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have experienced the exact same behaviour on all three of my HD200 units when playing ripped BluRay movies from my server. I don't believe the issue existed before 7.xx but I can not absolutely confirm that. I can also not confirm that it happens with music as I play little music through my HD-200 units.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

hmm, funny. Or not...
I read your post this morning and tonight exactly that happened to me, too: I was browsing through my playlists, and I selected a song to play. It played for a few seconds and then the crash occured. I could not turn on the device with exactly the same behaviour that you described.

Attached are (part of) my logs.

I'm using SageTV 7.0.12
The HD200 has the firmware version 20100719 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eyk
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (29.1 KB, 148 views)

Clients: HD200, MediaMVP
Capture Cards: Technotrend Budget S-1500 (DVB-S)

STVi for XMLTV icons
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Any chance you could submit a bug report with your log file(s)? I don't have any logs when it has happened and it happens rarely enough such that I would probably not be able to capture it if I wanted to. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would be glad to submit a bug report with a log file if I knew where to get the log file. If you can provide guidance that would be great!

What I found with the BluRay discs is that the problem is very repeatable. A movie that causes this issue will consistently cause it in exactly the same place within the movie across all of the different HD200's. I would just have to remember which movies had the problem, and where in the movie the issue happened to capture the log. Might take a few days of intense BluRay watching!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator

HD200 debug logs are explained here:
How can I get a debug log for the STP-HD200?

File a bug report & you should hear back if they want more details from you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.